Mahle X35 PAS sensor problem

simesgee

Region
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Bought an Orbea Vive with the E-Bike motion x35 system last September from the E-bike shop.
All was well until the weather changed and the motor assist stopped working. No error codes, no pink lights.
Basically the shop sent a replacement PAS sensor which I fitted and all was well.
Until the bike got wet/dirty/frozen. Always got me home mind - just the following day - same thing. So bought another PAS- fitted - all well until the next drenching and guess what. Failed again. Got and error #35 and pink lights. Unplug sensor and error goes away (no motor obviously), plug sensor back in and no motor with error 35.
Can't take bike back as too far.
So - is this sensor failure common?
What else can I do? Got PAS number 4 on its way but I can't keep on like this!
Cheers
Simes

Almost identical problem with my Orbea gain and X35 PAS sensor. Been repaired twice now…. Mega frustrating… I wonder if the x35 is to be considered a Fairweather only system? Although doesn’t really make sense, as the electronics appear to be sealed….

Almost identical problem with my Orbea gain and X35 PAS sensor. Been repaired twice now…. Mega frustrating… I wonder if the x35 is to be considered a Fairweather only system? Although doesn’t really make sense, as the electronics appear to be sealed….
Very interesting, I have an Orbea Gain, that has been off the road now for several months with loss of assistance, 89% charge only 45 charge cycles. Shows zero range but no error code. It has been in and out of the local dealer they spoke to Orbea who said it needs a new battery but agree that may not cure the problem! As it does not know when it is moving and switches off after 5 minutes I figured the PAS sensor must be at fault and removed it to see what effect that may have - it made NO DIFFERENCE suggesting to me the sensor had failed - am I on the right track and should I order a new sensor?

I wonder if the problem is coming from the other end of the sensor cable (where it plugs in) that cover is not exactly water tight, mine was full of crap when I removed it

Back