Higher gearing for a Juiced CCX?

Barrett

I got a juiced CCX a couple weeks ago after my beloved 2.5 year old CC was stolen :( I love the CCX but with all the extra power compared to the old CC I would love to gear it higher. I'm thinking a larger front sprocket is the easiest way to go, maybe a 58 or 62T. I've never really messed with this kind of thing before though any advice?

Thanks!

Funny, I just ordered a CCX and one of the first things I did was ordered a 42T front but I live near ALOT of hills (colorado front range).

Not that I was of any help:p

Nice yea I don't go on too many long hills. On the old CC I used the top 3 gears for my commute but on this new CCX I find myself in top gear 95% of the time wishing for a couple higher gears. I do keep it on R most of the time though, I'm basically riding it instead of my motorcycle so I like all the speed I can get :)

58-60T would be a monster gear at the lower assist levels. I would go 54 tops. I would try a cassette with an 11T cog first. 52-11 is a pretty big gear and will get you into the low 30’s at a reasonable cadence. That should work fine unless you are cruising around in race mode at 34+ mph.

I haven't counted them but stock says it's 52T - 11T. Just to add ~3 mph by my calculations something like a 60T is needed. Yea I'd like to be able to cruise at 34+ as close to the speed of the cars as possible as there aren't bike lanes on many of my rides.

@john peck put a double front sprocket on his CCS. In his case, he wanted a smaller sprocket for hills. You might not want to give up your lower gears, even if you're not using them much. It had to have been a tight fit. If you're interested, he'll probably drop by.

So far I've only managed around 32mph in R mode & haven't felt like I would out spin the crank. Above 30 mph takes quite a bit of effort.

Back