Hi from Rochester NY

Dan P

Hello all, About 4 years ago, after doing a bunch of research (a lot of that on EBR), I bought a Stromer ST1 Platinum ebike. Loved it, but for 2 years it's been sitting in my garage with all my road bikes.....because I became one of the early owners (purchased through a crowd funding effort) of the Flashbike. Around 75% less expensive, a third less heavy, much more responsive, and with tons of great features. In only its second season, I have no idea how long it will hold up, but thus far no degradation. Anyway, for anyone looking for an ebike, the one thing I'd say is weight matters. The lighter the bike, the more like a 'real bike' it handles. That's even more important if you run out of power on a long road trip and need to ride the rest of the way home on your own juice. I ride from the city to one of our stunning Finger Lakes in the summer and fall, and I like knowing that I won't have to haul 75 pounds home the last 10-15 miles. Anyway, all the best to everyone.

Hello all, About 4 years ago, after doing a bunch of research (a lot of that on EBR), I bought a Stromer ST1 Platinum ebike. Loved it, but for 2 years it's been sitting in my garage with all my road bikes.....because I became one of the early owners (purchased through a crowd funding effort) of the Flashbike. Around 75% less expensive, a third less heavy, much more responsive, and with tons of great features. In only its second season, I have no idea how long it will hold up, but thus far no degradation. Anyway, for anyone looking for an ebike, the one thing I'd say is weight matters. The lighter the bike, the more like a 'real bike' it handles. That's even more important if you run out of power on a long road trip and need to ride the rest of the way home on your own juice. I ride from the city to one of our stunning Finger Lakes in the summer and fall, and I like knowing that I won't have to haul 75 pounds home the last 10-15 miles. Anyway, all the best to everyone.

It's nice to see someone from the area where I am. The Finger Lakes are beautiful this time of year.

Hello Dan! Congratulations on a successful crowd funding buy! The Flash V1 look like a great design! I see the the Silver color is deal priced right now: https://shop.flashbike.io/products/flash-v1-electric-bike

Being an owner of an ebike in the Rochester area since 2014, I was excited this past May to see so many ebikers at the Ride of Silence. Maybe we'll see more ebikers around here this year.

I've recently upgraded my ebike commuter to the Juiced CCX. At 60-ish pounds, it is still on the heavy side but the class 3 performance of the 750 watt hub motor energized by the 52 volt battery with a 19.2 Ah capacity is a thrill to cycle down the road. Having gotten the bike on December first, my longest ride to date has only been about 24 miles. With miserly use in ECO mode, the battery should power the hub an easy 100 miles between needing a recharge. While I have not done a long tour on the bike yet, I expect in ECO mode to be able to pedal a distance like that this Summer. The CCX has remarkably easy handling and balance even under a no-power condition.

does anybody know a person who can repair lithium batteries affordably but with quality. I have 4cells in parallel that went to 0v and some other popular ebiker in the area said it'd cost as much to buy a new battery as to fix it, which just sounds nuts when only 4 out of 64 cells are bad and i have suitable replacments for them. I could probably do it my self if i knew somebody whom i could rent or borrow a spot welder or the correct type of soldering iron, but not sure if it's prudent to buy tools for a one-off project like this

Back