Here is my official spare battery carrier!

Only pity it doesn't work with anything else than the diamond frame.
Stefan, I tried briefly and you’re right, it won’t fit the Lowstep. Even with no bottle holder. Especially with a PowerTube battery in it. I could maybe make it work for food where theres more flexibility in how you pack it but you’d still have no bottle holder in the designated stays.

Since I’m getting a spare Bosch Powertube battery for some planned longer touring next year, I set to some brainstorming. I didn’t want to buy a huge pannier and I didn’t want a big spend as I probably won’t use it a ton. I also wanted something that had a dual purpose. I was looking for something shaped just like the battery and suddenly thought about a tube-shaped beer can carrier. Found this Stashers 3 carrier that has large Velcro straps they suggest for carrying your beer on your bicycle! This thing also has has Velcro straps at each end and fits perfectly on the top of the tube of my Allant+7. Had to make a modification or two but I took it out for a ride around the block and this thing is very solid! I’ll probably add a bit of cushioning and of course I‘ll put 3M paint protection film around the top tube.👍
View attachment 66733View attachment 66734View attachment 66735View attachment 66736
Neat work, it looks pretty solid! I purchased a rear rack and trunk bag to hold mine, your solution wouldn't work on my bike as I wouldn't clear the top tube and the battery wouldn't fit in the diamond!

Neat work, it looks pretty solid! I purchased a rear rack and trunk bag to hold mine, your solution wouldn't work on my bike as I wouldn't clear the top tube and the battery wouldn't fit in the diamond!
It’s a specific solution that I think should work on my specific bike for my specific need. YMMV!🤓

Last edited:
Thanks for the great idea I’ve just purchased the Ortlieb Toptube frame pack to hopefully do the same thing. It’s a little more expensive than your beer bag but looks the job. I’ll need to invert this bag as well to sit on top of the horizontal bar as i have the same problem it won’t fit hanging down because of the existing mounted tube battery. I need to carry another battery efficiently as my bafang ultra is hungry for power, with an extra battery ill be able to get much more full potential out of my bike, using full power more often. Caprouge in Australia are releasing a 25amp dorado battery that fits my bike, that’s an awesome size battery, I’ll be pre ordering this for sure. Will keep you posted how it all works out. See my bike review as well https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/volition-bikes-in-sydney.40497/#post-383143

65054925-9E4A-48B3-B838-623CFB217A18.jpeg
C5D78093-7FE5-40A1-9C8A-31826CEDABA3.jpeg
6971CCF0-225E-451F-A382-322C56715EC3.jpeg

87B678D6-ACF0-4AD6-98ED-5895B5FCD384.jpeg

Thanks for the great idea I’ve just purchased the Ortlieb Toptube frame pack to hopefully do the same thing. It’s a little more expensive than your beer bag but looks the job. I’ll need to invert this bag as well to sit on top of the horizontal bar as i have the same problem it won’t fit hanging down because of the existing mounted tube battery. I need to carry another battery efficiently as my bafang ultra is hungry for power, with an extra battery ill be able to get much more full potential out of my bike, using full power more often. Caprouge in Australia are releasing a 25amp dorado battery that fits my bike, that’s an awesome size battery, I’ll be pre ordering this for sure. Will keep you posted how it all works out. See my bike review as well https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/volition-bikes-in-sydney.40497/#post-383143

View attachment 94135View attachment 94136View attachment 94137
View attachment 94138
Best of luck! It’s an experiment and I expect to test it more later this summer/early fall. I’ll probably start with the heavier 625wh in the frame and the lighter 500 in the bag.👍

Best of luck! It’s an experiment and I expect to test it more later this summer/early fall. I’ll probably start with the heavier 625wh in the frame and the lighter 500 in the bag.👍
Thanks and you…..yes I’m hoping this will work and the bag won’t want to flip, as you can see the battery I propose carrying is quite large, I think it will work, it’s an elegant solution, the other option for me is to place it in my rear bags, but I’ve found that adds a lot of weight to the rear of your bike or in a bike trailer, which riding with a trailer can have its challenges and limitations, then there’s actually mounting a second battery running concurrently or on a switch, this also has its challenges finding a suitable position and looks messy with extra wiring etc hopefully battery technology will keep increasing with more battery power in less space, as of course it will, but we’re not there yet. This 25amp battery is a big step in that direction.

Thanks and you…..yes I’m hoping this will work and the bag won’t want to flip, as you can see the battery I propose carrying is quite large, I think it will work, it’s an elegant solution, the other option for me is to place it in my rear bags, but I’ve found that adds a lot of weight to the rear of your bike or in a bike trailer, which riding with a trailer can have its challenges and limitations, then there’s actually mounting a second battery running concurrently or on a switch, this also has its challenges finding a suitable position and looks messy with extra wiring etc hopefully battery technology will keep increasing with more battery power in less space, as of course it will, but we’re not there yet. This 25amp battery is a big step in that direction.
The Velcro end strips should keep it upright assuming you have the bag solidly attached to the top tube.

Hi Dallant;
I was wondering, does your spare Bush power tube have a facia for your bike or is it just a stock power tube?

Hi Dallant;
I was wondering, does your spare Bush power tube have a facia for your bike or is it just a stock power tube?
You caught me! As I ordered the 625 way before i bought the Rail, it’s cover matched the Allant+7 Nautical Blue color. However, since I’m going to use it on all our ebikes, I decided to flat black it with Plasti-Dip. That way I can remove it later if I don’t like it.
66325EE7-1A69-4375-88C7-6789D7086777.jpeg

I don't think so. PT625 needs 16.5" of space and looks like the medium size bag is 15" in length.

PT400 and PT500 are same size in length but the PT625 is longer. Looks like the bag also comes in 20" size and that should hold PT625 easily.

View attachment 67073

View attachment 67074
It does indeed fit the 625 as it is exactly the same length as the 500 with the spacer, both of which fit the Allant+7 RIB battery compartment. The Stasher bag is the largest size which does hold that battery once the inner foam insulation is carefully (and surgically) removed.

Back