Here is my official spare battery carrier!

I don't think so. PT625 needs 16.5" of space and looks like the medium size bag is 15" in length.
Not on the Trek which is 17.5“ long with all the cover and parts. I used the longest 20” carrier. You can always pad it if you need to.

Looks pretty cool and neatly tucked in!
Is there a way to store just beneath the top tube instead on top of the top tube?
Looks like you have the seat all the way down and are you able to straddle the top tube without hitting the battery?

Nobody wants to read a report that says Dallant's powertube crushed by Bosch' powertube 500 😜
The underneath is too short on the Allant+7. I tried underneath the top tube first but it would also be in the way of my water bottle. There could be an issue if I needed to straddle the top tube even without the carrier attached.😳

I'll write ya from Cal-i-for-ny-ay ma.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 6.11.44 PM.png

$50 to keep 4 beers cold. Yep, makes sense. Here in Tejas anyway.

Makes perfect sense to protect and efficiently carry a $700 battery however.

Pretty clean modular solution... well done!

View attachment 67084
I looked at quite a few carriers but this one seems to have everything I needed. I did remove the internal padding as the battery just didn’t fit inside well enough to get the zippers closed. But it can put it back in for the beer/food if needed. And the removable liner is also waterproof and quite tough.
708688DF-F21D-4380-ABCA-B2265C3B660C.jpeg
30328544-682E-4DE8-BD36-8FE9E0005962.jpeg
F710E125-6159-4EF0-ABC1-E0CFD01BD05E.jpeg

I don't think so. PT625 needs 16.5" of space and looks like the medium size bag is 15" in length.

PT400 and PT500 are same size in length but the PT625 is longer. Looks like the bag also comes in 20" size and that should hold PT625 easily.

View attachment 67073

View attachment 67074
Nice thank you I see that now on amazon, 3 sizes and the largest is 20'. And all in stock. :)

Guess I'll have to remove the padding for it to fit like Dallant did but this find by Dallant is much better than my current e-mate pannier solution.

I need to wait for an actual ride report from @Dallant. Typical battery weight is around 4 kg (8.8 lb). If the spare battery can be fitted below the top tube, it looks OK. If the spare battery has to be carried above the top tube, the smallest shake of the bike would make the battery flip around the top tube...

I might be wrong but given how strongly my batteries carried in a rear-rack pannier were acting on my racks while riding on road bumps, how much they were trying to damage panniers, I feel issues can be experienced with the solution we're talking about now...

I need to wait for an actual ride report from @Dallant. Typical battery weight is around 4 kg (8.8 lb). If the spare battery can be fitted below the top tube, it looks OK. If the spare battery has to be carried above the top tube, the smallest shake of the bike would make the battery flip around the top tube...

I might be wrong but given how strongly my batteries carried in a rear-rack pannier were acting on my racks while riding on road bumps, how much they were trying to damage panniers, I feel issues can be experienced with the solution we're talking about now...
The battery cannot flip around the top tube of my Allant because the end straps around the stem and seat post prevent that. Not sure how or if this could work on a Lowstep. It may not work at all. YMMV!
E31DD18E-B6AD-4150-AB59-BC6993D11CE9.jpeg
22AFF3C2-69C4-4EC7-A215-E76A1EB61DDE.jpeg

Nice thank you I see that now on amazon, 3 sizes and the largest is 20'. And all in stock. :)

Guess I'll have to remove the padding for it to fit like Dallant did but this find by Dallant is much better than my current e-mate pannier solution.
I’ll send some pics of my surgical removal of the insulation later. I planned & cut it carefully so I could close the wound (and/or reinsert the insulation) with some clear Gorilla tape if need be. Not sure how many times the internal ‘skin’ could stand taping and untaping without tearing. I can always use the waterproof bag also.

I’ll send some pics of my surgical removal of the insulation later. I planned & cut it carefully so I could close the wound (and/or reinsert the insulation) with some clear Gorilla tape if need be. Not sure how many times the internal ‘skin’ could stand taping and untaping without tearing. I can always use the waterproof bag also.
I carefully cut about 1” down from the zipper seam just long enough to get the insulation out without tearing it. I can still put it back in if needed. The material appears to be a thin vinyl.
9B4F4D9A-039F-4AE9-AE15-EFEE91B2F4FD.jpeg
8E4A5C5A-AEE1-4ABF-9093-078CB648F84E.jpeg

PT400 and PT500 are same size in length but the PT625 is longer. Looks like the bag also comes in 20" size and that should hold PT625 easily.
The finished Trek 500 & 625 packages are identical in length. Otherwise they would not fit my Allant. That’s why I ordered the 20”. Was that not clear?

Why didn’t you strap it underneath the top tube ? Was it because the strap wasnt long enough? I’m looking to buy the Bontrager adventure frame bag but I’m not sure the strap that connects to where the stem meets the down tube would be long enough.

Why didn’t you strap it underneath the top tube ? Was it because the strap wasnt long enough? I’m looking to buy the Bontrager adventure frame bag but I’m not sure the strap that connects to where the stem meets the down tube would be long enough.

• The battery and bag are both too long to fit under the top tube
  • The bag has Velcro straps on each end that wouldn’t reach or go around the handlebar stem
  • The bag would block my water bottle from being removable while riding
  • I tried every configuration I could and this was the only one that really fit all my criteria

Attachments

• F206DFBB-B9C6-40F3-B3DC-6F98659742FB.jpeg
    F206DFBB-B9C6-40F3-B3DC-6F98659742FB.jpeg
    734.3 KB · Views: 316
  • FD3E7A1D-75E2-4D04-BA2E-EB90E305283A.jpeg
    FD3E7A1D-75E2-4D04-BA2E-EB90E305283A.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 324
  • BF0B605F-D219-4622-8D63-D3DC8C44EFA4.jpeg
    BF0B605F-D219-4622-8D63-D3DC8C44EFA4.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 310
Back