Here is my official spare battery carrier!

Dallant

Region
USA
Since I’m getting a spare Bosch Powertube battery for some planned longer touring next year, I set to some brainstorming. I didn’t want to buy a huge pannier and I didn’t want a big spend as I probably won’t use it a ton. I also wanted something that had a dual purpose. I was looking for something shaped just like the battery and suddenly thought about a tube-shaped beer can carrier. Found this Stashers 3 carrier that has large Velcro straps they suggest for carrying your beer on your bicycle! This thing also has has Velcro straps at each end and fits perfectly on the top of the tube of my Allant+7. Had to make a modification or two but I took it out for a ride around the block and this thing is very solid! I’ll probably add a bit of cushioning and of course I‘ll put 3M paint protection film around the top tube.👍
6B52DED3-CE55-4FAC-9B3B-0EDE62874BE8.jpeg
49F0FFE2-A029-4428-9461-2FCF4D18C871.jpeg
412DD375-FEEF-4487-A59D-1657E903DBE9.jpeg
183087AB-D0ED-46EE-80EB-EEA9E5DA25E1.jpeg

Last edited:
I did order one for my wife. I’ll let you know if it fits!😎👍
I'd be very much interested with your review. When I was buying my Vado, I chose it because of Step-Through frame. Trek had no ST or Low-Step at that time...

I'd be very much interested with your review. When I was buying my Vado, I chose it because of Step-Through frame. Trek had no ST or Low-Step at that time...
I have no real idea but I’m expecting it to be very much like my regular frame +7. I really wish we could have found one to test ride but I simply couldn’t find one. I guess we’ll see.
My wife found the Verve+3 Lowstep we tested very good. She’s been riding a Verve 3 Lowstep analog bike for years.

It looks custom @Dallant . Yay! Did it affect handling at all?
Since I only have one battery, I rode it without power since the battery was in the spare carrier. So it wasn’t a final-final ride test. It really felt no different for the short ride around the block. When I get the spare battery and I can ride with both, I’ll let you know. I expect it to feel heavier but the extra weight is centered so I‘m optimistic.

Since I’m getting a spare Bosch Powertube battery for some planned longer touring next year, I set to some brainstorming. I didn’t want to buy a huge pannier and I didn’t want a big spend as I probably won’t use it a ton. I also wanted something that had a dual purpose. I was looking for something shaped just like the battery and suddenly thought about a tube-shaped beer can carrier. Found this Stashers 3 carrier that has large Velcro straps they suggest for carrying your beer on your bicycle! This thing also has has Velcro straps at each end and fits perfectly on the top of the tube of my Allant+7. Had to make a modification or two but I took it out for a ride around the block and this thing is very solid! I’ll probably add a bit of cushioning and of course I‘ll put 3M paint protection film around the top tube.👍
View attachment 66733View attachment 66734View attachment 66735View attachment 66736

Looks like a perfect fit! Is the length adjustable or does it come in different sizes?

View attachment 66733View attachment 66734View attachment 66735View attachment 66736
Kills two birds with one stone, carries the spare battery and protects the Crown Jewels😜

Looks pretty cool and neatly tucked in!
Is there a way to store just beneath the top tube instead on top of the top tube?
Looks like you have the seat all the way down and are you able to straddle the top tube without hitting the battery?

Kills two birds with one stone, carries the spare battery and protects the Crown Jewels😜

Nobody wants to read a report that says Dallant's powertube crushed by Bosch' powertube 500 😜

Will it fit the 625 battery ?

I don't think so. PT625 needs 16.5" of space and looks like the medium size bag is 15" in length.

PT400 and PT500 are same size in length but the PT625 is longer. Looks like the bag also comes in 20" size and that should hold PT625 easily.

1601505241832.png

1601505256617.png

Last edited:
Back