Here I go again!

EddieJ

I so hope that you guys don't get the same hassle and trouble that I have had with both my bike and BH UK.

Once again packaged back up and waiting to go into a box, to be delivered back to Spain for repair. If things are not satisfactorily sorted for me this time, then watch this space!

So the faults, that BH UK failed to repair.

A faulty new battery that only provides 8-12miles of range.
Non working regen.
Power settings that are all the same.
A motor that surges badly from time to time, and also does not always cut out.
Captive nuts for rack mounts that just spin in the frame.

edit.. Ref the regen.. If any UK owners question the operation of this, it is not possible for the motor to ever have a functioning regen, so get onto trading standards if you want to get things resolved fast.

return 1.JPG return 2.JPG

Last edited:
The BH is gone for good, which kind of shocked me this morning, and I'll be ordering my KTM at the weekend. :)

I don't get attached to things, but in many respects I truly am going to miss the BH. I had loads of smiles per mile, but sadly reliability or more importantly back up, just wasn't there. I can live with the first, but not the second. :(

The bike pleasantly opened my World, and I'll have many fond memories of my year of ownership.

So that's the end of my BH threads, there won't be any more.

The final mtb event using the bike was two weeks ago. It was also my last ride on it. The course was 29miles long, and the battery gave up after 12 miles, so 17 miles were spent pedalling without the battery. Checking my times, I was still third home. :)

h3.JPG h2.JPG h1.JPG

the KTM's sure look sweet. I hope to see your future posts in KTM forum or in Bosch forum ... :)

I'm currently torn between the Macina Lycan 27 (Bosch powered) and the e-Lycan P27.5 (Panasonic powered) They both have plus and minus points, the first scores on looks and weight, plus wheel change speed, the second on hub motor (puddles aside) extended battery range over the Bosch and the chance to alter gearing if desired. I leaning towards the first. :)

What is very annoying for me, is that I have a brand new set of 26" Ice Spiker tyres now sitting in the shed with no bike to fit them to. :(

macina_lycan_27_48_black_matt_orange.jpg
elycan_51_black_orange_white_blue.jpg

Don't worry Sijin, my issues have been BH UK and their failings. I'm sure that the US market wouldn't tolerate the same poor level of service.

Think positive. It's great product and brilliant fun to ride. :) I'm just unlucky that the service over here is so poor.

:) Cannot wait for that... Circumstances.... Hopefully before the rains and winter I will be able to ride one.

I'm currently torn between the Macina Lycan 27 (Bosch powered) and the e-Lycan P27.5 (Panasonic powered) They both have plus and minus points, the first scores on looks and weight, plus wheel change speed, the second on hub motor (puddles aside) extended battery range over the Bosch and the chance to alter gearing if desired. I leaning towards the first. :)

What is very annoying for me, is that I have a brand new set of 26" Ice Spiker tyres now sitting in the shed with no bike to fit them to. :(

View attachment 1659
View attachment 1660

Both are great bikes Eddie. Macina Lycan looks very similar to Felt Duale.
KTM was here at the Interbike but unfortunately, they didn't showcase their eBike.

I've had three bad faults with my Neo Carbon, think it was built on a Friday afternoon. However and importantly, my dealer and the BH distributor have fixed the bike each time without any hassle at all. The faults were 1/ rear motor hub bearings replaced at about 200km; 2/ crank issues at about 400km; and most recently, 3/ cell failures in the 36v 12ah battery at 900km, which was fully replaced.

Just goes to show how important finding a good dealer and a country distributor that will support them is.

All the best for your new ride...

3/ cell failures in the 36v 12ah battery at 900km, which was fully replaced.

Just goes to show how important finding a good dealer and a country distributor that will support them is.

All the best for your new ride...

Hi Craig,

Just curious, how did you first determine cells in the battery were failing? Losing bars on the meter faster, or complete battery failure?

Thanks,

Court J.

Hey. I lost more bars over same distance for a couple of days, then it went from 3 to 1 over about 5km. Gave out entirely when it reached 1 bar.

Back