Help requested re: whether to buy an ST2

Glad to help. The bike was fine at 45psi but I lowered it to see what effect it would have. Smooth at both psi. The Big Bens are nice tires and I like the 26" wheels. Actually, I am surprised at how nice the ride is.

Just saw your response re body float. I have been to your lovely part of the world on a friends boat on the Croatian Rivera:). I know you have lots of hills to navigate. You will appreciate the power and BIG battery of the ST2. Best of luck.

Yes Jonah I would do it again . Stromers are in another realm. I haven't riden many e bikes but this St2 is like magic. So quiet and smooth. Well deserving 2015 ebike of the year. Took me awhile to appreciate the ergonomics, but I see why now. They make for very precise and responsive handling when needed. My 1st test ride was a Dash, nice, very fast. I went for the St2, been about a year now. Been reliable. I've been caught in some downpours, and has held up to 100 degree temps. I don't use the app, I like the way it came. Bike Attack sounds like a very good dealer. Hope to visit someday, and even more Croatia.

Last edited:
Ralph and David, thanks for your reflections on the ST2. I am actually on vacation in Croatia- beautiful place. My wife and sister-in-law and I listened to music in a Roman emperor's palace (built 1700 years ago) - magical! But back to the bike - I am impressed by all the positives people have to write about it.

Last edited:
I took the plunge and got an ST2. Thank you all for your posts. I rode to work today and it was great. I kept my Body Float and Cambrium saddle from my previous bike. I had the tires changed to 1.75 Marathon Plus. I got some Ortlieb panniers.

Back