Help finding an etrike/electric tricycle

Judebarnes

Im looking for an etrike cruiser style with mid drive motor that gets a decent range (>30miles) or easy to carry an extra battery to get more miles.
Anything out there?
Finding etrikes is proving very difficult and I live in a HUGE bicycle city but none of the shops seem to carry them for test rides!!!

I love my Specialized Levo SL, a little pricey but worth it. Now all out bike team members are riding the same bikes, we can go any trails in all levels.

Does Specialized make an etrike? I was hoping to find some advice on some quality trikes but through painful research on my own we finally decided on the evelo compass.
We have two ebikes but we needed a trike for my wife.

I am looking for upright cruiser type trike. .
I'm fascinated with this noslisu, which isnt a classic cruiser style yet upright and able to lean, wow! but looks like it's not in production yet? I'm assuming we dont know its range ?

Im looking for an etrike cruiser style with mid drive motor that gets a decent range (>30miles) or easy to carry an extra battery to get more miles.
Anything out there?
Finding etrikes is proving very difficult and I live in a HUGE bicycle city but none of the shops seem to carry them for test rides!!!
I'm curious what you decided on? Some interesting units to look at, I've just gotten started.

We ended up ordering the EVELO Compass. The plan was for my wife to have the e-trike (because she has balance issues) and myself an e-bike.
We ended up returning the bike as it didn't fit our needs and we got a PEDEGO tandem cruiser bike instead, and we LOVE IT !!
As far as the Compass: the bike looks great, is probably the highest quality trike, and their customer service is about as great as you could hope for (and a free return). The downsides for us were that the sophistication of the trike's motor/grive/gearing for both rear wheels seemed to add some baggage to the deal, like noises under the chassis compared to other e-bikes (at least to us). Also, although the trike solved my wife's balance issue when sitting still or at a stoplight, turning caused her quite a bit of anxiety as turning on them takes some getting used to and she didn't feel safe. There were other things as well, PM me if you need any of those details.
We have been riding the tandem a LOT and use it for our store runs now instead of the car.

Turning on most trikes can be extremely disconcerting to say the least....

We ended up ordering the EVELO Compass.
We ended up ordering the EVELO Compass. Also, although the trike solved my wife's balance issue when sitting still or at a stoplight, turning caused her quite a bit of anxiety as turning on them takes some getting used to and she didn't feel safe.
I almost got the Compass, but you are so right about the turning! So if you ever want to revisit a trike at some point, look at the Bintelli Trio. When you get on/off or are at a stop, it is a regular trike. Stable. But once you get going, you can push a lever and the whole front of the bike including seat now can tilt like a regular two wheeler and thus you can turn very safely and easily. Just like a 2 wheeler. But the rear wheels remain both safely on the ground always. This is not only great for turning (which you can do at the same speeds as a regular bike!) You can also take the trike on very uneven ground including off road. You keep your body and the front of the bike upright while the rear wheels tilt back and forth following the uneven ground. On a regular trike that would be a painful nightmare. Tilting trikes are amazing and I will never go back to a non-tilting trike. I loved the Evelo Compass for all the reasons you mentioned and was even considering having both. But no, it is tilting only for me forever now. All the other tilting trikes on the market seem to be tadpole style with two wheels at the front. I am not a fan, but that is just a personal preference. Your wife may prefer tadpoles!

If you mean tandem bike, we ended up with a Pedego Tandem, and my wife and I love it. If you are referring to the electric trike, we went with the evelo compass but we returned it after a week of trial. If you have any questions about you either let me know

If you mean tandem bike, we ended up with a Pedego Tandem, and my wife and I love it. If you are referring to the electric trike, we went with the evelo compass but we returned it after a week of trial. If you have any questions about you either let me know
No, I am looking for an Electric tricycle. Just beginning my search. I have heard of the Pedego Tandem but also heard it was not very stable as far as turns. What is your experience with it so far? Why the return in the Evelo compass? Also have been reading about the Raleigh and Rise. Any comments in those? Thank you

No, I am looking for an Electric tricycle. Just beginning my search. I have heard of the Pedego Tandem but also heard it was not very stable as far as turns. What is your experience with it so far? Why the return in the Evelo compass? Also have been reading about the Raleigh and Rise. Any comments in those? Thank you
For us the compass was too noisy for us and dangerous on turns. But I think most trikes are iffy on turns, you have to be careful. On the good side, it seemed very good quality and evelo customer service and communication was top notch. The pedigo tandem doesnt have any trouble on turns. If anyone is considering a trike for a spouse to bike together (the other is not on a trike), I recommend a tandem instead. I dont really recommend a trike in traffic even in a dedicated bike lane, their width just makes it seem less safe.

For us the compass was too noisy for us and dangerous on turns. But I think most trikes are iffy on turns, you have to be careful. On the good side, it seemed very good quality and evelo customer service and communication was top notch. The pedigo tandem doesnt have any trouble on turns. If anyone is considering a trike for a spouse to bike together (the other is not on a trike), I recommend a tandem instead. I dont really recommend a trike in traffic even in a dedicated bike lane, their width just makes it seem less safe.
The danger on turns is why I decided against the Compass and got the Bintelli Trio. It tilts into turns like a 2 wheeler. It is very safe also it is much safer on roads what are uneven or tilt sideways (like all bike lanes on the side of the road where water runs off.)
But you can lock it upright when stopping and starting and getting on/off etc. It is very stable.
I love it and highly recommended it for anyone who needs a trike for balance but otherwise wants to ride like a regular bike. And it is half the price of a compass.
It is not a mid drive and I really wanted a mid drive. But turns out if you actually plan to pedal, front drive motor is better. You get pull in front from the motor and in back by pedaling. Much better traction. (Disclaimer: I take mine off-road and do low level mountain biking. So on sand and grass and gravel, front motor is very useful)
There is a smaller tilting trike called Trisbike. It isn’t for off-roading but is much more compact. One of the versions breaks down for storage.

I always recommend a tilting trike because of safety in turning and over uneven paths.

how do you lock the tilting frame? Just got my Trio from private party and they didn't know how, can't find it in the horrible "owner's manual". Thanks.

My wife's trike is somewhere in Canadian customs. Should be here in a day or two.

She is handicapped and a 2 wheel bike didn't work anymore. We'd tried a normal etrike and the lack of turning stability was frightening - even for me when i tried it.

This company's main line of business is custom lightweight sportscars, so I think the engineering will be good. We've been dealing with one of the owners and he's been great.

how do you lock the tilting frame? Just got my Trio from private party and they didn't know how, can't find it in the horrible "owner's manual". Thanks.
The lever on the handlebar. Typically on the left. It goes from plus sign to minus sign. The latch is binary. It is on or off. But the lever moves a long distance. Ad you have to turn it ALL the way to plus or minus to lock/unlock. It is a little odd. Start off the trike. Get used to the lever then do it while on.

You can find premium long range e trike here:

Attachments

• du.jpg
    du.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 222
Back