Help !!! Cant get my rear wheel back on

Jtac15

Hi
Can snyone tell me why i cant get my rear wheel back on my aventon pace 350 ? When i set the acle in the frame and tighten the nuts the axle rolks out of the frame. I cant get the axle tight. If im lucky enough to get the nuts to tighten the wheel falls out of the frame as soon as i start to pedal. What am i doing wrong? Please help. Thanks

John.

Have you tried it with the bike in an upright position, thereby keeping some weight on the wheel while tightening?

My Ariel X comes with a slotted washer that has to be in the right position to put the rear tire back on.

Check to see if yours has a slotted washer between the rear axle and frame and make sure the rear axle faces the right direction.

My Ariel X comes with a slotted washer that has to be in the right position to put the rear tire back on.

Check to see if yours has a slotted washer between the rear axle and frame and make sure the rear axle faces the right direction.
Thanks ill check that i have that washer right. I know i have a special washer. Maybe i have it in wrong

That washer has to sit the correct way in the dropouts for the wheel to sit correctly. It should be relatively obvious - but you wouldn't be the first to get it wrong at least once.

That washer has to sit the correct way in the dropouts for the wheel to sit correctly. It should be relatively obvious - but you wouldn't be the first to get it wrong at least once.
first time I changed my rear wheel I was so frustrated I was ready to throw the whole thing in the trash until I got down and looked and saw that stupid washer and just had to rotate the axle for it to go right on.

and one more thing - and not just with bikes. If you are taking something apart that you are going to put back together, take photos before you start taking it apart and at each step of the disassembly.
Plus - if there are things that required a specific alignment, use a mark appropriate for the surface.
Sometimes just masking tape and a pencil will get the job done.

...Says the guy who took out his electronic ignition switch on his VW to clean the push button contacts when things weren't working consistently.
5 minutes to take a apart and 2 minutes to reassemble. Pictures made ALL the difference as once it was apart, it would have been really easy to get the components backwards.

Hi
Can snyone tell me why i cant get my rear wheel back on my aventon pace 350 ? When i set the acle in the frame and tighten the nuts the axle rolks out of the frame. I cant get the axle tight. If im lucky enough to get the nuts to tighten the wheel falls out of the frame as soon as i start to pedal. What am i doing wrong? Please help. Thanks

John.
I bet if close up shots were posted, it might get noticed what the issue is.
Good Luck...

Hi

John.
Here's the Pace wheel with torque washer and flat washer. The washer with the key is a torque washer.

Screenshot_20220827-164817_YouTube.jpg

And the video where the pic came from.

Yep, has a keyed torque washer like my Ariel X.

Rotate the arear axle until that washer fits in to the axle slot or you will never get the rear wheel seated in the frame.

Here's the Pace wheel with torque washer and flat washer. The washer with the key is a torque washer.

View attachment 133373

And the video where the pic came from.

@Jtac15 I should add the "key" part of the torque washer will be set to the open end of the dropout. Torque washers are used because the aluminum frame is soft, the washer keeps the axle from spinning in the dropout and damaging the frame. If you happen to lose a torque washer you can get them from many sellers on Ebay.

Attachments

• 36C022A5-C3F1-483B-BAE8-F8289A335E7F.jpeg
    36C022A5-C3F1-483B-BAE8-F8289A335E7F.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 161
  • F8726E56-4DFD-4870-9599-17BAEAC82C75.jpeg
    F8726E56-4DFD-4870-9599-17BAEAC82C75.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 77267C29-B2A1-447E-9C9A-DDB77C6431FB.jpeg
    77267C29-B2A1-447E-9C9A-DDB77C6431FB.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 157
Ok i just got it in with help from the pace vid. I pedaled fine. Soon as i hook up the motor the and take off the wheel comes right off also when that happens it twists up the wire to the motor. I cant figure this out. I sent email to aventon as well but no response yet

Last edited:
Thats as far as it will go down. I even took off the brake caliper thinking maybe that was hitting the disc and stopping it from seating fully in the frame.
thats usually the first thing to cause it. how dies it look on the other side?

Back