Hello Rad Power Bike Owners - Help :)

mlcinema

Region
USA
Hello All,

I am new here and don’t have an Ebike yet and can’t spend thousands on my first one. I have a couple of questions about the Rad Power Bikes.

How do you like your Rad bike? I’m guessing you do if your reading this forum 😃

Do they have good customer service?

Do you repair your own bike or take it to a shop?

Any major issues with the Rad bikes?

Are they good for light off-road trails? I’m looking at the mini step thru.

Do they easily fit into your car? I have a Subaru Outback looking to fit 2 in the back.

Does anyone have an opinion on Lectric vs. Rad Power Bikes?

Anything else to add?

Thank you for your time.

I have a Rover Step through and a Mini step through and love them both. No issues so far with either. The Mini was a little small for me but solved that by buying a longer seat post. Overall I prefer the Rover but I can't fold that one up and put it in the back of my Kia Soul for trail riding further from home. I do my own maintenance as there are no bike shops where I live and there are lots of great "how to" videos both at the Rad site as well as other places.I've had no problems with customer service. The Rover has the edge on off road trails due to 4" knobby tires vs 3" streets on the Mini but I've found the mini is fine too. I have seen Lectric vs Rad videos but never ridden a Lectric. Heard they are good bikes but not quite the overall quality of Rad. I believe they are faster though.

I have a Rover Step through and a Mini step through and love them both. No issues so far with either. The Mini was a little small for me but solved that by buying a longer seat post. Overall I prefer the Rover but I can't fold that one up and put it in the back of my Kia Soul for trail riding further from home. I do my own maintenance as there are no bike shops where I live and there are lots of great "how to" videos both at the Rad site as well as other places.I've had no problems with customer service. The Rover has the edge on off road trails due to 4" knobby tires vs 3" streets on the Mini but I've found the mini is fine too. I have seen Lectric vs Rad videos but never ridden a Lectric. Heard they are good bikes but not quite the overall quality of Rad. I believe they are faster though.

Thank you for your time and help. I can’t wait to start riding. I just need to decide on a bike.

I have a Rad Mini Step Thru and I absolutely love it. Not sure about customer service, as I have not had any issues and do the maintenance myself. I mostly use my Mini on the street, but I've done quite a few recreational trail trips on it and beginner level mountain bike trails. As the previous poster mentioned, knobby tires would help a lot off road, but you can get by with the stock tires if you stay out of the mud. You can easily fit two Mini step thrus in your Outback.

I have a Rad Mini Step Thru and I absolutely love it. Not sure about customer service, as I have not had any issues and do the maintenance myself. I mostly use my Mini on the street, but I've done quite a few recreational trail trips on it and beginner level mountain bike trails. As the previous poster mentioned, knobby tires would help a lot off road, but you can get by with the stock tires if you stay out of the mud. You can easily fit two Mini step thrus in your Outback.

Thank you.

Thank you.
Getting ready to buy a rad mission for my wife because it’s light and simple with a single speed, some large cities have mobile vans and the guys we met were real friendly with good service. I test ride a lectric do the other day from a guy who runs a tour company in Phoenix, real nice bike and he said he gets great feedback from clients, I don’t care for the low rider style but it was very comfortable to ride and he said you can’t beat the price! I wouldn’t be afraid to buy a lectric and they are based in Phoenix and have heard good things about their service too

Getting ready to buy a rad mission for my wife because it’s light and simple with a single speed, some large cities have mobile vans and the guys we met were real friendly with good service. I test ride a lectric do the other day from a guy who runs a tour company in Phoenix, real nice bike and he said he gets great feedback from clients, I don’t care for the low rider style but it was very comfortable to ride and he said you can’t beat the price! I wouldn’t be afraid to buy a lectric and they are based in Phoenix and have heard good things about their service too
Great! Thank you.

For France (and I would think Europe), better to either know how to perform basic service on you bike or have competent local bike shop around.

Other than than, Rad offers great value for the price. Can't complain, did a few mods here and there to fit my needs.

Back