Hello, I live in San Diego, CA and would like to talk with someone that knows the ins & outs of a Hebb Ebike.

cjgilbertson

Region
USA
I purchased my Hebb in 2011, it's been a wonderful bike and a few years ago I had the original battery rebuilt and it works great with distance up to 50 miles.
My question or problem is that the headlight has gone out and I took out the original bulb and assuming the wiring is still good as the tail light works well and I understand they're connected. There are no bike Hebb stores here in San Diego and the few bike shops I've visited don't have a bulb. There isn't and info in the manual about the voltage of the bulb as I don't want to short it out. The bulb is a screw in.
Thank you in advance for any help
Driving in the dark

Welcome to the site.
There is a hebb topic, but there has been no action on it since 2018. https://forums.electricbikereview.c...ith-hebb-products-help-solutions-fixes.13157/
Lamps have gone through a revolution called "LED" and the source of replacement incandescent bulbs has been drying up like a desert. Businesses are throwing warehouses full of incandescent bulbs away.
I use a 400 lumen light wrapped to the handlebar. I use the 150 lumen setting mostly out in the country at 8 mph. Not many motor vehicles out there after dark to ruin my night vision. Cateye AMPP 400 is the one I use now. I bought my light for about $50 from modernbike.com. Charges up with a microUSB port.
Another big internet source of bike parts is universalcycle.com. I keep mine in a peanut butter jar in the bag if not using it, as the first one shorted out because it got rained on. Niterider swift 500 was the bad one with a leaky on button.
I used another 100 lumen light that was about $11 that I set to blink at night. Sun something. Lasted 3 years before the rain got to it and shorted the battery holder. Used 2 coin cells.
Best of luck illuminating your path.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.
There is a hebb topic, but there has been no action on it since 2018. https://forums.electricbikereview.c...ith-hebb-products-help-solutions-fixes.13157/
Lamps have gone through a revolution called "LED" and the source of replacement incandescent bulbs has been drying up like a desert. Businesses are throwing warehouses full of incandescent bulbs away.
I use a 400 lumen light wrapped to the handlebar. I use the 150 lumen setting mostly out in the country at 8 mph. Not many motor vehicles out there after dark to ruin my night vision. Cateye AMPP 400 is the one I use now. I bought my light for about $50 from modernbike.com. Charges up with a microUSB port.
Another big internet source of bike parts is universalcycle.com. I keep mine in a peanut butter jar in the bag if not using it, as the first one shorted out because it got rained on. Niterider swift 500 was the bad one with a leaky on button.
I used another 100 lumen light that was about $11 that I set to blink at night. Sun something. Lasted 3 years before the rain got to it and shorted the battery holder. Used 2 coin cells.
Best of luck illuminating your path.
Thank you for your quick response Indianajo. It's a bit of sad news that Hebb doesn't have a more robust Website as it's such a well built bike. The headlight is LED not incandescent but I'm afraid I just may need to purchase a new light and mount it on the handlebar.
I didn't want to lose the aesthetics of the original bike. Silly, I know.
I'll keep you informed if I find another way.

Usually it’s marked on the bulb what wattage, etc it is. Start from there and try and find an alternate bulb.

Can you post a picture of the bulb and markings.

DG…

original_20b1f69c-d43b-4787-b8af-6de306b0c24c_PXL_20230922_170246141.jpg
original_20b1f69c-d43b-4787-b8af-6de306b0c24c_PXL_20230922_170246141.jpg
Usually it’s marked on the bulb what wattage, etc it is. Start from there and try and find an alternate bulb.

Can you post a picture of the bulb and markings.

DG…
DiggyGun,
I thought the same that the wattage should be on the bulb but it doesn't have it.

Back