Hello from Trek Domane+LT w/Fazua on Camano Island, Washington State

Camano is super for bikeing. Cama Beach State Park is wonderful. AMTRK service is due to be restored soon to Stanwood.
Lawrence
20 year Camano Islander; Ride Leader, Cascade and Skagit clubs

Camano is super for bikeing. Cama Beach State Park is wonderful. AMTRK service is due to be restored soon to Stanwood.
Lawrence
20 year Camano Islander; Ride Leader, Cascade and Skagit clubs
That would be optimal, I really don't want to have a stop in Seattle. I was thinking of camping at Camano Island state park because I read somewhere that it isn't as busy? A cabin at Cama beach sounds fun though too. Any idea when Stanwood service is supposed to be restored? I could just drive up for about the same cost but it isn't an exaggeration to say that I hate driving on I-5 anywhere north of Tacoma. I'm keeping an eye on weather forecast.

Thanks! I'll check on Amtrak again when there is a weather window for a trip up.
Sorry about the off topic, I don't have any experience weatherproofing electronics other than to use dielectric grease on connections. Rustoleum has a 2 part product called neverwet that people have used on electronics with success although the manufacturer states not for use on electronics. Before rustoleum bought the rights to that product there were manufacturer videos where it was used on electronics including cell phones. Not sure I'd try it on an expensive ebike, probably wouldn't take a chance unless all else failed.

I have used a rustoleum 1 part spray on fabrics where it worked great for the most part but did nothing to waterproof shoes with only a slightly coarser mesh than regular cloth, it is hydrophobic, not a sealant.

PS
that fazua system looks fantastic compared to regular mid drive options

Last edited:
Back