Hello from Switzerland

Chris-turbo-s

Hi everybody!
I ride my Specialized Turbo S since 6 years and I still love it. The only issue I have are spare parts after Specialized stopped production in 2017 and now also Go Swissdrive is closing down.
The e-bike manufactures always talk about sustainability but they only have sales figures in mind.
Sustainability is to keep the bikes on the road as long as safety is not compromised. So I would like to setup a knowhow base to keep our bikes running for as long as possible. Many hints and solutions are already documented. However, there is more needed.

Attachments

• 895DA512-6E8A-4B54-A49C-B26D51DC34E0.jpeg
    895DA512-6E8A-4B54-A49C-B26D51DC34E0.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 243
Hi everybody!
I ride my Specialized Turbo S since 6 years and I still love it. The only issue I have are spare parts after Specialized stopped production in 2017 and now also Go Swissdrive is closing down.
The e-bike manufactures always talk about sustainability but they only have sales figures in mind.
Sustainability is to keep the bikes on the road as long as safety is not compromised. So I would like to setup a knowhow base to keep our bikes running for as long as possible. Many hints and solutions are already documented. However, there is more needed.
Hello and welcome! I agree.

We get a lot of breaks in law and regulation because ebikes are consumer products. With transportation products like cars and motorcycles most countries require manufacturers to stock parts for years. I think the U.S. requires 10 years for production vehicles. I don't want all the other regulations that apply to automobiles though. I think we're stuck with some uncertainty. One would hope larger companies like Specialized would be different.

Bulls UK are simply the worst. The so called UK Bulls dealer doesn't even have a website! You've got to phone him and hope that when you do he's not doing his other day job which is ubbering around the town of Leicester. The main dealership which is located in the big smoke, aka London, has totally given up pretending that he cares and is instead concentrating on his supermarket delivery business using cargo ebikes. Bulls might be a reasonably good manufacturer of (E)bikes but here in the UK they're an absolute unmitigated disaster when it comes to after sale service.

Bulls UK are simply the worst. The so called UK Bulls dealer doesn't even have a website! You've got to phone him and hope that when you do he's not doing his other day job which is ubbering around the town of Leicester. The main dealership which is located in the big smoke, aka London, has totally given up pretending that he cares and is instead concentrating on his supermarket delivery business using cargo ebikes. Bulls might be a reasonably good manufacturer of (E)bikes but here in the UK they're an absolute unmitigated disaster when it comes to after sale service.
So it is even more important, that we e-bike owners are standing together.

Hi everybody!

I agree with that. Unfortunately it seems that they let die go-swiss-drive and then...? All these bikes with Brose or Bosch motors are okay, but when you felt one time the power of a rearweel- motor, in combination of a lightweight Specialized-Bike... you will never change to middleclass Pedelecs.

Back