Hello from London

Marione

Hi everyone I have a 20inch tern d8 folding bike which I converted with this kit

And this battery

I am obviously trying to find a solution to increase the speed as I dont believe it makes the 25km/h than should.
Unfortunately it doesn't have a speed senson at the wheel so not sure how it check the actual speed.

Welcome to the site.
London pavement must be perfect to want to ride 25 kph on 20" tires. I get jarred sometimes on 26". At least you don't have railroad crossings. Every rail was grade separated when I was there in 2000.

Last edited:
Yes the pavement is not bad at all. The choice is because of the space in the house and just need something small to bring inside.

Hi everyone I have a 20inch tern d8 folding bike which I converted with this kit

And this battery

I am obviously trying to find a solution to increase the speed as I dont believe it makes the 25km/h than should.
Unfortunately it doesn't have a speed senson at the wheel so not sure how it check the actual speed.
If no luck here you might want to try the UK Pedelecs Forum which is a good source of information for kit builds

Is there a manufacturer name/serial/model number on the controller box? As the kit uses a KT display and therefore presumably a KT controller. If the speed setting can't be changed in the display, the controller box might need to be opened and some soldering work done on the circuit board to add a programming cable header like on this example to then connect to a computer to flash firmware with revised speed settings. The UK Pedelecs forum would be a good place to solicit advice on a shop in London or the SouthEast that might be prepared to work on it, or get advice on a replacement controller that would work with your kit.

Last edited:
Back