Hello EBR Forum I have questions and seeking expert advice...

NurseLinda

Hi Folks, after much research, I am down to three possibilities. Before I bite the bullet, I would love your input on which bike to purchase! I am leaning towards Biktrix, verses RadPower Bikes, this is due to their torque censored, hydraulic brakes, with a mid-drive option if needed. I live in a mountain community with steep hills, I'm looking for an all-terrain e-bike. My first choice was the Mid Drive Stunner X, the customer service at Biktrix is amazing! Real, the knowledgeable gal working for them told me the Stunner LT was another good option I should also consider. In her opinion, (an owner of LT herself), she feels the LT verses the Mid-Drive ( Stunner X), may offer me less maintenance and wore worry free. I was amaze she just did not direct me to the higher price Stunner X! Real, stated I would have to be cognizant of which gear I'm in when I come to a stop, and the powerful torque? However she said you will have no issues traveling up steep hills with the Stunner X. The Stunner LT is nicely equipped with hydraulic brakes 180 , a 750 hub motor- does anyone know who makes their hub motor? Front suspension, a half decent bike seat, ALUMINUM FENDERS, COLOR MATCHED RACK, ADJUSTABLE KICKSTAND here are the specs; https://www.biktrix.com/pages/stunner-lt-details,
My Bikes of choice are:
1. The Stunner X MidDrive with 24 x 3" MTN tires.
2. The Stunner LT with 24 x 4" tires
3. The RadRover Step-Thru, no hydraulic brakes, cadence sensor, and an uncomfortable seat from what I've been reading.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I just want to wish you a big welcome. There are plenty of friendly and knowledgeable members on this site, so I will step aside and let those who have the knowledge of these bikes chime in. Good luck and ride safe.

The Biktrix looks like it may have some better parts but it looks like they dont even have preorders nor a date set to start new shipments while Rad you can order some models they have right now and have them ship in a few days.

It all depends if youd like to wait or not (it seems right now for an indefinite wait) IMO for really the torque/cadence sensor is the main difference...Also it seems you have already made your choice and you are looking for confirmation :p

Last edited:
I've never bought a bike that had a comfortable seat. that includes the $1500 yubabike left.
I cross 77+ hills up to 15% grade at 330 lb gross with a geared hub motor. NOT direct drive hub motor, which is for flat city riding in traffic. Mid drives can handle hills but there is a lot more chain maintenance involved. I get about 5000 miles per 8 speed chain.
Hydraulic brakes, meah. I have cable pull disk brakes, I have to adjust the rear every 1000 miles. Takes longer to pull the bags off than it does to tighten the brake pad. My hands aren't very strong, either.
I hate cadence sense, abandoned it to go throttle only. No drag on geared hub without power, so I ride that way a lot. I need the exercise, the power is for 20 mph wind in my face days or the 50th to 80th hill.

The Biktrix looks like it may have some better parts but it looks like they dont even have preorders nor a date set to start new shipments while Rad you can order some models they have right now and have them ship in a few days.

It all depends if youd like to wait or not (it seems right now for an indefinite wait) IMO for really the torque/cadence sensor is the main difference...Also it seems you have already made your choice and you are looking for confirmation :p
Sadly, I have not decided I was headed for the Rad Rover Step-over yesterday that I think are on back order too. I'm open for any suggestion, I have not made up my mind The Stunner X is available, the Stunner LT should be available in Nov 2020.

Back