Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations

I appreciate the responses here, but I am specifically looking for recommendations that connect easily to MC. A few people have recommended the Apple Watch, but others of you have said that it doesn’t connect. Is it a function of which version of Apple Watch perhaps?

I use the Wahoo heart strap monitor. Syncs easily with Mission Control so you can watch your heart rate. With it's App, get heart rate, etc. read out.

I wear a lowly Fitbit Versa, it maps my ride, tells me my distance, heart rate, avg. mph, elevation gain and more.
....but does it link to Mission Control? What I am looking for SPECIFICALLY is a monitor that links to MC and Strava. I want all of the data integrated.

....but does it link to Mission Control? What I am looking for SPECIFICALLY is a monitor that links to MC and Strava. I want all of the data integrated.
Sorry, I don’t even know what that is. I should have kept quiet.

Sorry, I don’t even know what that is. I should have kept quiet.
No worries. mission Control is the Specialized app that allows you to tune your assist levels, monitor battery usage, track your ride and your heart rate (through a related app called Strava)

Bumping up here: has anyone successfully connected an Apple Watch to Mission Control (to monitor heart rate) and, is so, which version of the Watch?

Thx

Bumping up here: has anyone successfully connected an Apple Watch to Mission Control (to monitor heart rate) and, is so, which version of the Watch?

Thx
Should I assume that no one has been able to get an Apple Watch to connect to Mission Control

You are asking a very brand specific question, perhaps better addressed with the Specialized dealer from whom you bought your bike. It appears that no one here has an answer for you. Apple products historically do not play well with others.

You are asking a very brand specific question, perhaps better addressed with the Specialized dealer from whom you bought your bike. It appears that no one here has an answer for you. Apple products historically do not play well with others.
Agree as I have tried this without success. MC does not recognize Apple Watch as ANT+ device.

Which version of the Apple Watch did you use?
I have the latest. 5. I just tried by turning the Gym equipment recognition on in the watch workout app. Didn’t help.
realize this is for Apple Watch to recognize gym equipment and not MC to recognize Apple Watch. Just tried.

If you do a simple google search asking if apple watch supports ant+ the answer everyone give is a universal NO. This question could have been answered right away with a google search.

If you do a simple google search asking if apple watch supports ant+ the answer everyone give is a universal NO. This question could have been answered right away with a google search.
Sorry- I did a fair amount of searching but didn't query it that way.

no support means it won't recognize ant+ communication and it won't output the same. Like I said, Crapple does not play well with others.

My android watch outputs heart rate through blue tooth. My Bosch Nyon does not recognize heart rate monitor data through blue tooth, only ant+ which means I have to use a ant+ chest strap (Polar) in order to see hart rate on my bike display. Don't know about Crapple watches but with the samsung android watch you have to be reasonably still to get a good reading. Not able to get a good reading bouncing along on a bike. The chest strap gives a solid reading as long as there is a good battery in it.

Just bumping to report my new Wahoo Heart Rate Monitor arm band(TickrFit) connects with Mission Control and the Como onboard display.

Last edited:
Back