Having a Hard time finding

Nvreloader

Western Nevada
Region
USA
Since I have the 2 bikes that are just about the same, Bikonit Wart Hog MD 750 and a Biktwix Jugg 4 Ultra. I am having a hard time finding a good set of tires for both bikes, the WH has 26x4.5"/ 4" wide rim and the Juggs 4 has 26x4.0/ 2.250" wide rims.
Both are knobbies front/rear on both bikes, Kendkra on the WH and Chan Yangs on the Jugg 4, I have over 1500 miles on the WH in 2 yrs, and about 300 miles in about 4 months on the Jugg 4.

I am looking at getting a new set of tires for both, and I am finding very few choices for either bike, I am looking for a semi knobby/street tire for the front and Knobby's for the rear.

The rim width has me concerned, 4" -vs- 2.5" width's yet both are 26" fat tires?

Would it be safe to get a 26" x 4.0 tires for both bikes?

Your thoughts and suggestions........

Yes, you can run 4 inch tires. But i would look for the thickest toughest ones you can find.
My wheels are 20 X 4.0 and I'm running HEB Allacapes. I really like them and they are much more flat resistant.

Have been searching, finding lots of 26" tires, but only ONE in the 4.0" > 4.5" bracket, are we in a drought, For this size?

I am looking for 26" x 4.0" or 4.5" in width.
A semi road tire tread center with heavy lugs on the sides,
I have seen a couple of tires like what I want, but can not find/remember the brand names.

Back