Has your Lectric XP exceeded your expectations?

Ours showed up yesterday. I was expecting terrible things from the brakes. However, after some breaking in, they work pretty well. They are even starting to quiet down a little.

The bike is also way more fun to cruise around using thottle-only than I expected.

My brakes have broken in, but I am now getting rubbing noise from my front brakes and rotors. I have a feeling it is related to my changing a front flat. I need to monkey with the brakes again. I wouldn't mind doing it, its just so freakin hot in my garage...

I have had my XP for over a week now and 50 miles. I LOVE this bike - plenty of power (once you unlock it) and the battery power has been more than I expected.
Ordered one for my wife and waiting for the delivery.
Highly recommend it...
When you say you unlocked, you mean for Class 3 speed?

I ordered my XP, my first ebike on July 31 and it arrived a week later. I have only put 3 miles on it so far. Yesterday I ordered a step thru. I am 63 and have lost a lot of weight, down to 130lbs. I have a few issues to overcome, but I really love the quality of these bikes and the fact it is a USA based company that provides great support and quality control of their products.

I live in a very rural area, and it's very rocky. It's a challenge to get out of my driveway which is natural, rough rock up a small incline.

As shipped the dash shows it to be fully charged so I didn't charge the battery. I rode the bike down the road about 1.5 miles and came back home. That 1.5 miles has a few small inclines and short hill. By the time I got home the dash was down to only 3 or 4 bars (went up to1 bar under half when I stopped). I was in pas 1 and used the throttle exclusively. Hoping the battery wasn't truly charged to 100% despite what the dash said. Next trip will tell.

I tried out the walk assist mode to go up the small incline of my driveway, and it worked perfectly, just the right pace I had no issues with, despite my limping walk.

The center of gravity and high frame are more of a challenge than I expected, however the main challenge is keeping my left foot on the pedals (I have 2 left feet :p) pedal. My left leg is weak and my left foot rotates counter-clockwise and comes off, and it isn't easy to get it back on without being too much on the ball or heel.

I'm also waiting on a helmet before I go too far.

I bought one of those 50 gallon totes from Lowes, which makes it way easier to handle getting it in & out of my van. I struggle a bit getting the bike in & out of the tote but that will improve with time. It is a bit easier without the battery in.

Despite my current physical disabilities I am not disappointed with my XP purchase. Although I'm sure the step thru will be better for me, it's 2 months away from delivery I'm told so I'm glad to have the XP now to play around on and get used to biking again. I may sell the XP after I get the step through, or keep it for visitors to use to ride along with me. Zack told me the warranty is not transferable, if I should decide to sell it.

Meanwhile I just invested in some Johnson & Johnson (Bandaids) stock :p - just kidding!

Last edited:
I got my xp in like 11 days from the time i ordered and i must say the thing is amazing esp for what it cost. I have had it net even a week now and have close to 100 miles already. All i had to do was air up the tires and it was ready to go. I had constant communication with letric before and after i received the bike and they are fast friendly and helpful in anything you have to ask. As for expectations it did no disappoint at all. Its easy to use fast and the weight is actually not that bad to lift. Waiting for some add ons to make riding more comfy but that was to be expected seat suspension post and new light. I would and will recommend them to any one looking for a starter bike. I give it 5 out of 5 in the bang for buck category. Thanks 4 all of your story's be safe and have fun out there.

Hell YA HAPPY... HAPPY ....HAPPY nothing but fun reset a few settings speed , torque and response settings constant throttle speed of over 20 ,23,24 mph don't know why but not going to complain peddle assist 28 + love it

I got my E-bike on the 9th July and done 140 miles so far no trouble , the only thing was the chain guard was rubbing on the chain and making a noise , I have order a other kind , I am lovely it ' I was thinking I would have to stop cycling but so happy I can keep cycling for how long I am not sure , just enjoying every day I'm out

I have had my bike for a year now, about 1500 miles. I love having a ebike, didn't realize how it would impact my life both (mostly) good and (some) bad.

First the good part... i definitely get more exercise in and I have felt my legs get stronger. I also get to work faster now because I live only a few miles away and it literally is a great way to start the day. Having an ebike makes it easier when after a long day at work, I can just use the throttle to get home. I also just love riding the bike, it is fun to ride. I feel the motor is the right size, great for hills and maintaining speed. I also like the adjustable handle bars as well as the walking feature and head and rear lights (although they are a little underpowered). I find the seat comfortable as well as the hand grips. Love the rear rack, very secure. I find that I am not using the folding feature as much a I though I would but once this Covid 19 pandemic is over, I plan on hitting the road more with the bike folded my car. The pannier bags were passable but they were a freebie so I can't complain.

Now for the bad, since there are alot of potholes in NYC and at the 6 month period, on a cold day in February, I lost control of the bike and crashed...bruised some ribs and broke my big toe. The problem is that there is no front or rear suspension and when I hit a moderately sized dip/bump in the road, the handle bars jumped out of my hands and I hit the deck (this almost happen two more times but I was gripping really hard). If I had known how important having a suspension is, especially when going moderately fast (12-14mph), I would have brought a ebike with a suspension. I have gotten a suspension seat post (what a difference) but was procrastinating on getting a suspension fork (I finally ordered one and am awaiting the parts). That crash would not have happened if I had a suspension fork.
Secondly, I noticed I have to constantly fiddle with the brakes, I didn't expect that. Since I have to stop and start at almost every light and stop sign in NYC, I really use the brakes hard. I realize I have to upgrade the brakes to a hydraulic system so that I don't have to fiddle with them all the time.
Thirdly, I didn't like the pedaling cadence of the flywheel gears at the higher gear ratio. I was pedaling like a mad man to keep the bike at 20 mph. I felt that this was almost unsafe because more of your attention is focused on pedaling. I had to buy a 11-28 freewheel and change it in order to correct that problem (the bike has a 14-28 freewheel which is not great for the higher speeds).

For my first ebike, I really didn't know what I was looking for except that I knew I wanted a fold-able bike that I can take inside my SUV on long trips. I didn't want to get an expensive bike because I didn't know what I was going to do with it in the long haul and what other features I really wanted. Now that I know what I need in a bike, if I was going to do it all over again, I would probably spent more money and get a better folding bike in the $1500-$2500 dollar range with hydraulic brakes and front suspension and either a rear suspension or higher end suspension seat post.
I like my Lectric XP bike but I had to sink in an additional $450 to get it up to speed. Will be upgrading the brakes next (after installing new suspension folk). Will probably have to get new handle bars next, want something slightly wider.
If Lectric ever comes out with a higher end bike, I probably will stay with the company. Right now, the Rad stepthrough folding bike looks really attractive at $1500 but I would still have to sink in maybe another $250 to get a high end suspension seat post, rear rack and hydraulic brakes.

Last edited:
sounds like you really put the Lectric bike to its paces. reading about your pot hole issues got me thinking if there was a handle bar stem that worked like the suspension seat posts. i did a quick search and found there is a couple. dont know if it can be adapted to the Lectric bikes and the price is near what the fork conversions cost. the one i watched on YouTube was a shockstop handle bar suspension post. never knew these existed.interesting ...

Got it up to 28 in PAS 5. Throttle only almost got it to 22.
Taylor : Since you now have an Lectric xp and another e bike (Espin Sport ?) I would like your opinion about my buying an Lectric xp step thru for my 21 yo daughter. She would use the bike to commute to work, only a few miles and not very hilly. She does not have a DL. She is only about 5'4" so some bikes would be too tall. This would be her first e bike. I do not want to get a very expensive bike for her.

Taylor : Since you now have an Lectric xp and another e bike (Espin Sport ?) I would like your opinion about my buying an Lectric xp step thru for my 21 yo daughter. She would use the bike to commute to work, only a few miles and not very hilly. She does not have a DL. She is only about 5'4" so some bikes would be too tall. This would be her first e bike. I do not want to get a very expensive bike for her.

I wouldn't hesitate going Lectric, especially the step thru model. If I had my druthers, I would choose the Step Thru over the XP as I am 5'6". I have had zero problems and feel this bike is safe, comfortable and reliable so far. It seems to be fine on range . A new seatpost, a mirror, Ulock/cable and Slime in the tires would be my suggestions for upgrades. Also, Lectric, based in Phoenix, was very helpful in keeping me in the loop on my order and responsive when I had a question. For 899 I feel it is good value. (Although I like my Sport a tad more for daily driving)

1213 miles on mine, one flat tire-luckily the front, and replaced the display due to rain. Bought a disc rotor trueing tool, that was the best thing I've purchased. Have two XP's, no more ticking and squeal due to out of round. Ride 30-120 minutes a day when possible on country roads ranging from mostly paved with potholes to dirt and gravel compacted roads. Only use PAS 1 and for going up hills after hitting my target heart rate for a 67 year old male. Training on this lead sled is super exercise. My only loss due to the bike was 3" off my waist and 10 lbs.

1213 miles on mine, one flat tire-luckily the front, and replaced the display due to rain. Bought a disc rotor trueing tool, that was the best thing I've purchased. Have two XP's, no more ticking and squeal due to out of round. Ride 30-120 minutes a day when possible on country roads ranging from mostly paved with potholes to dirt and gravel compacted roads. Only use PAS 1 and for going up hills after hitting my target heart rate for a 67 year old male. Training on this lead sled is super exercise. My only loss due to the bike was 3" off my waist and 10 lbs.

Tell me more about the disc rotor tool

I’ve been out on my xp for 5 rides now averaging about 10 miles per rides. Last week ride 21 miles. My average speed is about 12 mph and rarely go past pas 2.

Today I went out on my normal route for 10 miles and never left pas 1 and stayed between gears 1-2 averaging about 7 mph.Even going up small grade hill in pas 1 as long as the pedals are in motion with just slight pressure on the pedal it will pull you right up the smaller grade hills I have in my area.

So far I’m very satisfied with my purchase and for the price it really can’t be beat and for me does everything I need an ebike to do.I did my research and still am researching future ebikes more for just a different look and feel,cruiser style or electric moped type.But this Lectric xp has been a lot of fun and is built great and is one of the better looking I think 20in fat tire folding bike out there.

Tell me more about the disc rotor tool

I watched YouTube Park Tools, How to True a Bicycle Disc Brake Rotor
Bought on Amazon: BW USA Rotor Truing Fork – Bicycle Disk Brake Rotor Alignment Tool $11.99 + shippin, heavy duty, easy to grip/use. The rotors are quite strong, bend a little until you get the hang of it.

Each bike, both wheels took about 5 minutes, just do a little at a time, spin the wheels, find the spot hitting, bend it in the direction away from the caliper. Now the wheels spin a LOT longer, I'm sure the brake pad not hitting them will make the bike roll better, pads last longer and not annoy us with the noise. A lot of cool stuff on GCN Bike Tech, Park Tools and many other sites.

Back