Has anyone in the US been able to order parts?

andyw

I have an older, out of warranty Stromer ST2 (<2018) that is out of commission until I can order a few parts for it (I'm primarily in need of a new motor cable). I have called around to several of the names listed on Stromer's authorized dealer list (including popular vendors like Crazy Lenny's and The New Wheel, among others) and have received little to no help. "We'll get back to you" turns into radio silence after a few repeated attempts for assistance. I'm a bit sad as we're in prime cycling season, and my nice beautiful Stromer is just sitting there for want of a few parts that I am more than willing to pay for. Does anyone have any advice or insight?

Failing that, has anyone fixed a motor cable that started showing the "shuddering" issue?

You might try electricscooterparts.com.; Mechanical parts? Amazon or ebay?
Unfortunately, most of the important parts on a Stromer (unless they are manufactured by other companies like Shimano, Magura, etc) are proprietary and are only available directly through authorized Stromer dealers or on the used market. I diligently scour the used market (eBay, etc.) on a daily basis. I'm just trying to find a store who can order these Stromer parts for me.

Unfortunately, most of the important parts on a Stromer (unless they are manufactured by other companies like Shimano, Magura, etc) are proprietary and are only available directly through authorized Stromer dealers or on the used market. I diligently scour the used market (eBay, etc.) on a daily basis. I'm just trying to find a store who can order these Stromer parts for me.
The nice thing about my ´cheap´ bike. virtually every part is readily available. It´s cheap for that very reason.

I had the same situation, and contacted stromer support directly, they were able to point me to a store that was receptive.

for parts on an st1, I have not working one in the Atlanta area trying to get rid of…

I left a message with their US contact number (800-819-4262). Here's hoping that I receive a response.
I've noticed they aren't very good at getting back to voice mails in the past. But usually I can get someone to answer live after 2 or 3 tries...

Don’t forget they were just bought, change of ownership could bring major changes one way or another. If service picks up the product has always been good….

What do you mean by "shuddering " issue?
What parts are you looking for besides motor cable? Would it make sense to look for used st2 so you can have spare parts?

What do you mean by "shuddering " issue?
What parts are you looking for besides motor cable? Would it make sense to look for used st2 so you can have spare parts?
There was a design flaw with the motor cable on the first batch of ST2's. The lines carrying the hall sensor signals would become compromised, resulting in motor shuddering. There are several existing posts in this forum that speak to this issue. I have verified that this is my problem by swapping the rear wheels on my two ST2's. The only surefire fix is to replace the motor cable with the revised version that Stromer started to make after they identified the problem. The issue I am having now is that I have been unable to find a Stromer dealer who will order a cable for me.

Back