Happy Pi Day!

Easy: pi. Pi shows up in many well-tested physics equations having nothing to do with circles. In that sense, it seems to be woven into the very fabric of the universe — which came a few years before the wheel.
Got a date on when the wheel was invented and a date on those physics equations?

Got a date on when the wheel was invented and a date on those physics equations?
Yep, the wheel was invented by one Raquel Welsh on Tueday, 3/14, 1 Million Years BC.

The universe was invented on Thursday afternoon, 4/20, 13.4 Billion Years BC. Experts disagree on who came up with idea. Some think cannabis was involved.

Equations describing the universe have been piling up for a while now.

Pi does not really exist. It can only be approximated. Just like a triangle, line, or point. Still, I have been in training for today for a couple of months.

Yep, the wheel was invented by one Raquel Welsh on Tueday, 3/14, 1 Million Years BC.

The universe was invented on Thursday afternoon, 4/20, 13.4 Billion Years BC. Experts disagree on who came up with idea. Some think cannabis was involved.

Equations describing the universe have been piling up for a while now.
Equations piling up as created by mankind based upon their observation of the world and universe around them. I find it difficult to believe that mankind had an understanding pi before they made a wheel to attach to a rudimentary wagon. I doubt that the original peoples of Rapa Nui needed pi to roll those moai across the island. :)

One does not need an understanding of pi to make a wheel. I've made many round things in my workshop, and never gave pi a single thought. The only time I actually use pi in the things that I do is to calculate the area and volume of round things. None of which is necessary to make a wheel.

You know all this is in good fun, right?

No, it was The Flintstones.
Definitely some good reasons to think that the Flintstones were involved in the wheel. After all, Raquel didn't work in a vacuum.

Another theory we can't completly dismiss:

And who's to say that that alien wasn't really Raquel? Pity, that version of the documentary would have gotten a lot more likes.

I heard something about generating crypto out of Pi by using it to find novel runs of 16 digit primes billions of digits out. That make for hot Pi because of the computing energy required.
1678824420407.jpeg

Wife bought a BIG chocolate cake for another celebration tonight. No pie. Thought about skipping the pie this year...

...for about pi nanoseconds.
20230314_143846.jpg

A friend was flooded this morning now she is all set with two sump pumps. We had the NYC Italian type of pi for lunch. Thin crust. Oh, I can feel my shoulders. I used a regular broom to sweep out hundreds of gallons of water. It feels like I have been rowing for six hours.

Back