Handlebar realestate increased

tlippy

Not enuf space for all the gadgets on my 700. Bought most of the items from Ali Express. On the "handlebar extenders" I mounted the R1U controller, bottle cage and a bag.
Bike-1-640X853.jpg
Bike-2-640X853.jpg
Bike-3-640X853.jpg

Handlebar extenders sound like a great idea. I just need to find one that extends about 4.5 niches from my Moscow Plus NCM handlebar in order to allow sufficient clearance from my centre mounted PAS display screen. I have seen quite a few on Amazon.ca but need to make proper choice.
Any recommendations re. brand, model, etc., would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

(I'm preparing a post on this exact topic and glad someone's posted on -- nice job tlippy. Thank you for posting
I kept the mirror on the outside, then throttle, then brake. Not sure about you, but: I replaced the chrome screws with black ones - also from Ali, hehe - and I'm dumping the thumb throttle for a twist type (next project).
-

Silvercat

The (same) bars (as the 700's) that came with my Ltd's are also too crowded. I think this is pretty common and the mounts are pretty universal. Be sure and have various plastic and or rubber shims. This basic, inexpensive upgrade is a no-brainer. Even the cheapest type is a huge improvement.
In the end, I settled on mounting my Display, front light and GoPro on the short (200mm), carbon fiber extender bar using two Yizhet extenders.
I tried three different types of extenders using both aluminum and carbon fiber bars in 200mm and 250mm lengths, using combinations of the two dual arm types and one single arm mount type, in various configurations.
What I discovered: There really are only two types of mounts. One type, the most common use one bolt for each attaching point and 99% are imitations of that design in different colors. You can get them at Rockbros store on Aliexpress; takes a few weeks, maybe a month. Cheap, but no recourse if parts are missing (about 1/10 of the time for bike stuff), or you can buy from below and get them right away.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTB-Bicycl...var=672903059562&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
Their pretty strong and actually quite adequate. A single arm is about $15, a double is even less (???) about $10.
The other type uses one bolt for the extender bar and two for the handlebars. It's 5" overall and 3.5" center to center.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JPNSVY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's much stouter, about twice as thick and has a superior grip. There are comments on Amazon about this.
A Yizhet single with the short aluminum bar (200mm) is so sturdy you can easily pick the bike up by it. It does not budge and the spacers are of a higher quality. A double arm is $17 - Note: It came missing an arm and that company rushed me a set as a replacement.
Good business. I recommend them.
I had an extra arm and tried just it with the short (200mm) bar. Amazingly sturdy. Two arms are completely stiff. Perfect
For me the long bar is too much,(tlippy's also looks to be a 200mm). The only 200mm I have is carbon, so I'm stuck there for now.
The aluminum is much sturdier and I'm not looking for bling. That's how it will end up.
Best of luck. Hope this helps.

F n' F

(I'm preparing a post on this exact topic and glad someone's posted on -- nice job tlippy. Thank you for posting
I kept the mirror on the outside, then throttle, then brake. Not sure about you, but: I replaced the chrome screws with black ones - also from Ali, hehe - and I'm dumping the thumb throttle for a twist type (next project).
-

Silvercat

The (same) bars (as the 700's) that came with my Ltd's are also too crowded. I think this is pretty common and the mounts are pretty universal. Be sure and have various plastic and or rubber shims. This basic, inexpensive upgrade is a no-brainer. Even the cheapest type is a huge improvement.
In the end, I settled on mounting my Display, front light and GoPro on the short (200mm), carbon fiber extender bar using two Yizhet extenders.
I tried three different types of extenders using both aluminum and carbon fiber bars in 200mm and 250mm lengths, using combinations of the two dual arm types and one single arm mount type, in various configurations.
What I discovered: There really are only two types of mounts. One type, the most common use one bolt for each attaching point and 99% are imitations of that design in different colors. You can get them at Rockbros store on Aliexpress; takes a few weeks, maybe a month. Cheap, but no recourse if parts are missing (about 1/10 of the time for bike stuff), or you can buy from below and get them right away.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTB-Bicycle-Extender-Mount-Bike-Handlebar-Flashlight-Bracket-GPS-Phone-Holder/402622101616?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=672903059562&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
Their pretty strong and actually quite adequate. A single arm is about $15, a double is even less (???) about $10.
The other type uses one bolt for the extender bar and two for the handlebars. It's 5" overall and 3.5" center to center.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JPNSVY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's much stouter, about twice as thick and has a superior grip. There are comments on Amazon about this.
A Yizhet single with the short aluminum bar (200mm) is so sturdy you can easily pick the bike up by it. It does not budge and the spacers are of a higher quality. A double arm is $17 - Note: It came missing an arm and that company rushed me a set as a replacement.
Good business. I recommend them.
I had an extra arm and tried just it with the short (200mm) bar. Amazingly sturdy. Two arms are completely stiff. Perfect
For me the long bar is too much,(tlippy's also looks to be a 200mm). The only 200mm I have is carbon, so I'm stuck there for now.
The aluminum is much sturdier and I'm not looking for bling. That's how it will end up.
Best of luck. Hope this helps.

F n' F
Me2 on moving the throttle and placing the mirror next to the grips

Me2 on moving the throttle and placing the mirror next to the grips
Hi,
Yes, thank you very much.
I decided to attach a Topeak bar extender due to its flexibility. Mounted to stem, hangs below handlebar. Was able to secure a high end light close to the centre (above the wheel). Have room to attach another item on that bar extender. Only issue with that Topeak is the metal bracket. Would have been much better with a nylon or rubber bracket.
Safe riding!

Back