Handlebar Jack Update and Valentines Day Sale!

Andy_in_CA

Hello EBR,

Its been awhile but I want to update the community about The Original Handlebar Jack. Our launch last year was amazing and this community was a big part of helping us get the wheels turning! Customer feedback has been very positive and amazing. That doesn't mean we can't continue to improve our product.

Because of additive manufacturing we've been able to improve our product event more. A short time ago we rolled out an update that features a durable hook and loop cinch strap that is backed with silicone that keeps the jacks in place. This allows us also to add in some much needed branding!

Thanks again for getting the word out! Additionally, we are developing our second product so if your are interested keep in touch. I'll definitely announce it here when I can share.

Also we've been able to get some cost savings in our production process and we have passed along those savings. The Handlebar Jacks are now only $24.99 a pair.

If you want to get your favorite rider a Handlebar Jack for Valentine's Day, you can use code: heartDay14 to receive free shipping in the United States.

Thanks again for your support and as always feedback is welcome.

Andy

www.handlebarjack.com

Attachments

• hbj_product_G_02.jpg
    hbj_product_G_02.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 458
  • valentines_day_sale_01.jpg
    valentines_day_sale_01.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 479
If your bike has hydraulic disc brakes, isn't it not advisable to flip your bike upside down like that?

If your bike has hydraulic disc brakes, isn't it not advisable to flip your bike upside down like that?

Thanks for your question.

For me it's a level of convince and ease of changing a tire like a rear hub that has a big motor. On my bike Iike many ebikes I cannot easily remove my display or throttle cluater. Especially, when it's on the road when you get a flat. I have never had an issue with my breaks personally.

Ride Safe,

Andy

Some Googling produced the following (among others):

https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/...a-hydraulic-brakes-bike-to-be-put-upside-down

There are two risks to turning your hydraulic brakes upside-down.
The brake system isn't filled to overflowing with hydraulic fluid: there's likely to be a small air bubble. Normally, this sits at the highest point of the system: the oil reservoir at the brake lever. There, it's not compressed by the piston when you brake, so it can't interfere with braking. If you up-end your bike, air bubbles might travel through the system to the brake pads. If they don't manage to make it back up to the reservoir before you want to brake, you might find your brakes are squishier than usual. 15 minutes is perhaps a pessimistic estimate, and it's not that much of a risk unless you get on your bike and right away need to brake very hard.
The other potential problem is if the seals in the oil reservoir aren't quite tight. You might not notice in normal use, because they're at the top, but when they're at the bottom of the system, the pressure might let some brake fluid seep out. If you notice this happening, stop turning your bike upside-down, and make sure to check that you still have enough fluid to brake properly. If it keeps happening after you've re-tightened the seal, you may need to change the rubber grommet(s). Often rubber seals are dissolved over time by the oil, and stop doing their job properly.
As others have said in the comments, you'd be better off avoiding the need to turn your bike upside-down...

https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-...ipping-your-bike-upside-down-maintenance.html

Hydraulic brakes are not closed systems because one of their features is that the pistons automatically advance with pad wear, which ends up storing more fluid in the caliper in the space that the pistons previously occupied. In the lever, there's a reservoir of fluid and air. When you depress the lever, the master cylinder moves past the inlet from the reservoir and temporarily closes the system, but when you release the lever fluid and air can move between the master cylinder and the reservoir. When the bike is inverted, air can move from the reservoir into the rest of the braking system. As air is compressible, this means the brakes don't really work. Thankfully, gravity moves the air to the top of the system, so with a few lever pulls things are typically well again.
This behavior will be drastically lessoned if you bleed your brakes. While Shimano brakes truly require bleeding less frequently than many, they still formally recommend annual bleeds. At 18 months, you should probably bleed your brakes, or at least top bleed them.
Flipping your bike for brief work should be OK for your brakes...

I'm not going to worry about it. I have not had any problems turning my bike upside down. Specialized Turbo Levo. My son does it all the time on his bike and he rides a lot faster downhill on singletrack than I do. We do our own maintenance.

Some Googling produced the following (among others):

https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-...ipping-your-bike-upside-down-maintenance.html
This behavior will be drastically lessoned if you bleed your brakes. While Shimano brakes truly require bleeding less frequently than many, they still formally recommend annual bleeds. At 18 months, you should probably bleed your brakes, or at least top bleed them.
Flipping your bike for brief work should be OK for your brakes...

Not a problem for short maintenance periods... just don't leave your bike upside down overnight. ;)

Hello EBR, Its been awhile but I want to update the community about The Original Handlebar Jack. Our launch last year was amazing and this community was a big part of helping us get the wheels turning! Customer feedback has been very positive and amazing. That doesn't mean we can't continue to improve our product. Because of additive manufacturing we've been able to improve our product event more. A short time ago we rolled out an update that features a durable hook and loop cinch strap that is backed with silicone that keeps the jacks in place. This allows us also to add in some much needed branding!

Thanks again for getting the word out! Additionally, we are developing our second product so if your are interested keep in touch. I'll definitely announce it here when I can share. Also we've been able to get some cost savings in our production process and we have passed along those savings. The Handlebar Jacks are now only $24.99 a pair. If you want to get your favorite rider a Handlebar Jack for Valentine's Day, you can use code: heartDay14 to receive free shipping in the United States. Thanks again for your support and as always feedback is welcome. Andy www.handlebarjack.com

Looks like a great idea for quick repairs on the road or at home... I plan to order a set.

Ordered......been using 2x4's up till now under handles. Sometimes removing and mounting a heavy rear hub drive wheel on a stand is a PIA.

Just ordered mine, thanks for sorting out the shipping to Canada. Didn't get the shipping deal but 10% off with email signup on first purchase certainly helped.

Got mine today. Super easy to use and like the magnets in the tripod legs that keep the pair together for storage/carrying.

Well thought out product.

I finally ordered a pair and got them a couple of days ago. I hope I never need to use them but they look really good. I think I can cram them into my trunk bag (cram because the bag is already so full, not because the Handlebar Jacks are so big.) These are about as small as they can be and still do the job. I'm impressed. Good job Andy!

TT

Back