Handlebar help

Ilovemybike

Region
United Kingdom
Hi all , is it pos to change the controler so dont have to take my hand off the the bar to either increase or decrease power . Somehow it seems to me not very safe thing to do . Just make it a thumb controlled mechanism

You do ride a road e-bike (Ribble CGR ALe). It is untypical to mount the handlebar remote on road e-bikes with drop handlebars. Besides, changing assistance level on road e-bike is done quite rarely.

You do ride a road e-bike (Ribble CGR ALe). It is untypical to mount the handlebar remote on road e-bikes with drop handlebars. Besides, changing assistance level on road e-bike is done quite rarely.
Hi there sorry you misunderstand me , my bike flat bars thumb shift gears on right on the left I have what is the controller for the ebike power , it’s some sort of funny arrangement where to increase or decrease speed as in my case I have to push the buttons through the cycle .
. Regards for replying sorry for misunderstanding me

Hi there sorry you misunderstand me , my bike flat bars thumb shift gears on right on the left I have what is the controller for the ebike power , it’s some sort of funny arrangement where to increase or decrease speed as in my case I have to push the buttons through the cycle .
OK. Any e-bike motor system has a different layout of controls. For instance, the generic Specialized Turbo Creo SL requires changing assistance levels by pushing a button on the frame's top tube, and you need to cycle through assistance levels as well.

Hi there good morning and thank you for getting back to me .
I suppose these systematic aren’t intercageable anyway ( just to take out the best bits) but I’ll ring the bike shop to see what it is they call upgrade . The bike is a batribike I suppose is a budget model to be fair , it’s my first venture into the e bike craze but it is fun. I’ve been cycling most of my life and I do enjoy it .
thank you for your response and as they say watch this space
Regards

I'm not sure if this is possible since I don't know what Batribike model you have. From the pictures I've found, some models have the display with control buttons mounted in the center of the bars over the stem. On my bike, I was able to move the display to the left side of the bars. I can now push buttons with my thumb and keep both hands on the grips.

This may be of no help but I thought it worth posting.

Hi , just read your text I’ve got the Nova batribike been in touch with the bike shop they going to get LCD model to fix to my bike as an upgrade £105 . They have to fit it because computer instal . The grip needs to be shortened to make room for it but I can control it with my thumb and the speed bit just sits on top of the handlebar head .
The only downside at the moment is I have a Bryton Rider 410 which is redundant because I’ve got the LCD speed anyway so that means I’ve now got to fit that to my wife’s
Thanks for thinking of me

A picture always helps to show what you’re looking for.

Back