Haibike Urban Plus 2017 - The most exciting Urban E-bike!

Hi Guys my bike got fixed!

I sent a technical support request to Haibike explaining what was wrong with the bicycle, about 3 weeks later I got an email from Haibike saying

Mauricio:
Sounds like there may be a connectivity or voltage issue between the battery and motor.
We recommend a diagnostic test, testing the battery for voltage and testing for voltage to the motor,
making sure the battery is good, we have good solid voltage numbers to the motor.
A diagnostic test may reveal any other issues.
Let us know what is found.
Thank you and best regards,

Leif Fleming.

I took the battery off and checked the voltage, the voltage was good, then I took the controller off to check for voltage to the motor and opened up the controller to look for the hot wires and I found a short circuit in the controller box, the yellow phase cable and all around it has significant burn marks including the green phase cable insulation.
The controller box is the:
AA508011626
CN32QT
R3 48V
17C01249

Mr Fleming immediately ordered and got a discount for me, the part it was $199.00 after the discount = $135.00 with taxes and shipping and handling with FedEx, 3 days later the part got delivered, installed the controller and everything back together, took it for a spin and is working like the first day (smooth quiet and fast).
Thanks to Mr Fleming, Haibike Technical Support and Alta Cycling Group LLC.

I hope this information could be helpful for someone having the same problems with their Urban Plus Bike.

View attachment 59412View attachment 59413View attachment 59414
Thanks for sharing the details and pics. Very encouraging news from Haibike. I also have a Haibike that is incredible on many levels. Hope you have many more great rides after your fix. Cheers! ;) :cool:

Hi Chicho777

I'm overjoyed to hear that your problem was resolved with your bike, and it also gives me hope that if I have a problem with my Urban Plus someone at Haibike will have my back.

My bike has been working well these past two years other than one heart attack inducing error message about a failed firmware update that took my bike out of commision for one day.

Cobi.bike / Bosch helped me resolve the problem by email with instructions on how to put the Cobi hub into recovery mode.

Hello,
I plan to replace the battery lock cylinder for my Urban plus.
Can anyone help me to verify the version of Trelock lock cylinder that Bosch installs inside the Urban plus frame.
I found this one and I think it is probably the one that I am looking for.
Brand: Trelock.
Frame mount LONG KEY
Part code: 3050721216

trelock.jpg

Hello,
I plan to replace the battery lock cylinder for my Urban plus.
Can anyone help me to verify the version of Trelock lock cylinder that Bosch installs inside the Urban plus frame.
I found this one and I think it is probably the one that I am looking for.
Brand: Trelock.
Frame mount LONG KEY
Part code: 3050721216
Given it’s a tranzx system a Bosch key isn’t gonna help you.

Lief is great. I don’t know where their service would be without him. My bike is still dead. He sent a motor (clutch went out) And the bike ran fine for about a month and now the bike has begun rhythmicly pulsating off and on and then shuts down.
Honestly I’m done with Tranzx and I’m done with Haibike. This thing has caused so many issues it has even been a fight with my wife a time or two to the point I don’t want to even touch an ebike. I have damn sure learned not say anything to my wife about them. I bought this thing as a car replacement thinking it ls a mid-drive Stromer. Nothing but money lost, family fights and grief. I have nothing but great things to say about Leif but one person can only do so much when it comes to supporting an abandoned product from a brand that abandoned a region with parts from a company that refuses to respond.

I have already contacted them and they just mentioned that they don't directly sell the products. They gave me the list of dealers and they all are based in Europe.

Contact Amego then, I'm in Toronto and that's where I bought it from, very good shopping experience and nice people.

Amego bought most of the North American stock of the Urban Plus and very well may have some spare motors for warranty issues .

I know they are very busy right now and possibly short staffed but it's worth calling them.

Your bike is still under warranty (2 years warranty) and somehow this needs to be honored even if Haibike Germany has to send a new motor.

Call Amego: 1 416 907 4922

Cheers
I disagree with you. Amego are unresponsive and do not back their products. I bought my UrbanPlus through them in 2018. Brought it to them in 2019 for a motor replacement issue under warranty and have been unable to get parts replaced up until now. They are indicating Alta won't ship parts to Canada and that I have 90 days to collect my bike from them unrepaired.

Back