Haibike Sdurro FullSeven LT 9.0 in the house...

@bob armani does your bike have the pulley, and is it quiet?

rich c says his 2016 sounds like this. But now Mike says his new bike(s) just like mine does not.

I did a couple of things with it today. I removed the chain guard again and lifted it above the pulley wheel while turning the pedals. The noise went away, so I know for sure the noise is coming from the pulley wheel.

I removed the pulley wheel, mostly to check the bearing, and greased the bearing while I was at it. The bearing has a tiny amount of play but I think it's fine.

Everything is aligned, lubricated, the pulley wheel is tight and spinning fine. Seems it's just the chain on the wheel - like rich c said...

I'm going to drop this into this thread because it describes replacing the Haibike S. E. S. pulley wheel bearing, and also replacing the primary sprocket with less expensive SRAM and Miranda parts:

@bob armani does your bike have the pulley, and is it quiet?

rich c says his 2016 sounds like this. But now Mike says his new bike(s) just like mine does not.

I did a couple of things with it today. I removed the chain guard again and lifted it above the pulley wheel while turning the pedals. The noise went away, so I know for sure the noise is coming from the pulley wheel.

I removed the pulley wheel, mostly to check the bearing, and greased the bearing while I was at it. The bearing has a tiny amount of play but I think it's fine.

Everything is aligned, lubricated, the pulley wheel is tight and spinning fine. Seems it's just the chain on the wheel - like rich c said...
No, my bike does not have the pulley system and runs pretty quiet.

What has your battery range in terms of miles been with the haibike? I bought a Giant Explore ebike this weekend but I just saw a special with a local dealer on a Haibike. I'm considering making the exchange.

What has your battery range in terms of miles been with the haibike? I bought a Giant Explore ebike this weekend but I just saw a special with a local dealer on a Haibike. I'm considering making the exchange.
I would answer that question if I could but there are too many variables for it to be meaningful. So far I've ridden up to 2.5 hours on trails in a large preserve and not used more than 50%, using Eco and Tour, but that doesn't really mean much...

I would answer that question if I could but there are too many variables for it to be meaningful. So far I've ridden up to 2.5 hours on trails in a large preserve and not used more than 50%, using Eco and Tour, but that doesn't really mean much...

Good to know. I pulled the trigger and should be picking up the bike tomorrow! Anyone have any handlebar mirror recommendations? I'll be riding this around town as well and would like to see behind me.

You will find many threads on bars by searching. The second photo of my bike in this thread shows Deity 50mm risers, and they also make 80mm.

If you are buying a dedicated mountain bike it would be unusual to be able to see behind you, but possible with mirrors.

You will find many threads on bars by searching. The second photo of my bike in this thread shows Deity 50mm risers, and they also make 80mm.

If you are buying a dedicated mountain bike it would be unusual to be able to see behind you, but possible with mirrors.
Cool, I wasn’t really asking about handlebars but was asking for mirror recommendations. I was curious to see what other Haibike fullseven owners had.

Cool, I wasn’t really asking about handlebars but was asking for mirror recommendations. I was curious to see what other Haibike fullseven owners had.
I just use a silicone strap on mirror on the end of the handlebar grip on my Full Seven and it works just fine for me.

Last edited:
Moving this discussion from another thread since it is pertinent to the general Haibike mountain bike discussion:

Me: I really like that tire [Schwalbe Hurricane], though in my case running 27.5 Plus I need at least 2.6” for my rims. I have a new pair of Smart Sams, and I picked up a good tip from you on that thread about Tannus Armour. I’m going to order a pair, switch from tubeless to the Smart Sams with Armour, and test the one-bike thing to see how it goes.

@Alaskan On my Riese&Muller Delight Mountain I replaced the stock 2.6 Nobby Nicks with the 2.4 Hurricanes and haven't looked back. In the fall I put a set of SKS Blumel 75s on for the wet NW winter. The 2.4s fit better with the fenders.

@Alaskan are your rims 35mm internal? When I looked up specs my wheel was recommended for 2.6" minimum, to 3".

The Hurricane looks like a fantastic tire, through I'd probably wouldn't want to take it onto the rougher trails in the preserve where I ride.

@Alaskan are your rims 35mm internal? When I looked up specs my wheel was recommended for 2.6" minimum, to 3".

The Hurricane looks like a fantastic tire, through I'd probably wouldn't want to take it onto the rougher trails in the preserve where I ride.
My Delight Mountain has 40mm internal width rims and my Homage has 35mm the tires work well in both, using Tannus Armour and Tubolito tubes.

My fault, mine are 35mm and according to Schwalbe 2.4" (60mm) is okay (I know these are not hard numbers):

Keep in mind these are very conservative numbers... I have seen other charts with greater tire range. YMMV. ;)

1591294159676.png

Last edited:
My Delight Mountain has 40mm internal width rims and my Homage has 35mm the tires work well in both, using Tannus Armour and Tubolito tubes.
With the Tannus Armour, do you use the same sized tube you would use without it? It seems the tube is a bit compressed in there.

Thanks for the comments.

For me there are no cons so far, but that's because I don't need to ride the Haibike on the street much, if ever. This is my first Plus bike, and now I know I would never get a Plus bike for an all around bike, I'd pick something I could put maybe 2.2" tires on.

It is a pig on the street! I often do two rides back to back, one bike and then the other. When I get off the Vado and get on the Haibike it's like getting out of a Porsche and jumping in a monster truck. My balance is actually off for a few minutes until I get adjusted. The only similarities are they have wheels and you can ride them, they are that different...

But, on the trails and anything rough it's an absolute beast. I put some Maxxis Chronicle 3" tires on it set up tubeless, and I run them at or under 20PSI (I weigh 240 lbs.). The tires and suspension just soak up everything. The steering takes some getting used to, and I think that difference is mostly the slacker geometry that I've never had before.

This bike, you just point it and go...

Here's the finished product. It's not been to a bike shop - I finally took the time to learn to adjust a derailleur correctly, and I set up the tubeless myself without a compressor. Changes I made:

- Maxxis Chronicle tires running tubeless
- Deity 50mm riser bars
- Ergon GP1 grips
- Specialized 75mm 24 degree stem
- WTB Saddle
- Crank Bothers Stamp pedals
- MudHugger front fender (had to order this from Europe)
- Haibike MRS adapter so I could add a bottle cage (@mikegs430 you have to order this from Europe and it takes forever to get here, then it's a bit of a pain to install)

After an endless amount of tweaking it's finally done. I think. Really enjoying it and definitely recommend it if it fits your riding needs.

Full-Seven-9-0.jpg

Your 'Deity 50mm riser bars'-
I have the stock 780mm bars on my Haibike 10.0 Full Seven. Just curious what made you decide to opt for a riser bar? Initially, I swapped out my stem and replaced it with an adjustable with added spacers. Would I accomplish the same with the risers? Thanks! ;)

Hey Bob, yes you would accomplish the same thing. I went with riser bars and a 24 degree stem because I don't trust adjustable stems, particularly on trails, and because I personally prefer the look.

As of yesterday they are now "Deity 80mm riser bars." About to go on my first ride with them. The top (outside) of the grips is exactly 2" above the lowest part of the saddle now.

Actually, the Specialized stem I have IS in fact adjustable, at 24 degrees plus or minus 4 degrees. I have it at 28. It comes with two shims, one straight and one that has the hole cut through at an angle. One direction it's 20 degrees, and if you rotate is 180 degrees it's 28. Pretty cool actually.

IMG-1067.jpg

IMG-1069.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Bob, yes you would accomplish the same thing. I went with riser bars and a 24 degree stem because I don't trust adjustable stems, particularly on trails, and because I personally prefer the look.

As of yesterday they are now "Deity 80mm riser bars." About to go on my first ride with them. The top (outside) of the grips is exactly 2" above the lowest part of the saddle now.

Actually, the Specialized stem I have IS in fact adjustable, at 24 degrees plus or minus 4 degrees. I have it at 28. It comes with two shims, one straight and one that has the hole cut through at an angle. One direction it's 20 degrees, and if you rotate is 180 degrees it's 28. Pretty cool actually.

IMG-1067.jpg

IMG-1069.jpg

I like the look... it reminds me of my old BMX bike in the '70s. ;)

1591385907651.png

Last edited:
Back