Haibike Hardseven SL fantastic!!!!

Madbadger

Not been off this since i bought it, fantastic bike no problems as yet as such but the brakes seem quite noisy, sound like they are grinding on mine and the wife's bike. Never knew how much a pleasure it is to ride a bike again without struggling (and we both were!) wish i could have afforded the full suspension model but I'm quite satisfied with what i have. thinking of a suspension seat post, has anyone got any suggestions on which one to buy????

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 507
I looked at the suntour post but it says max suggested weight 100 kg, I'm 103kg so I'm not sure that post would survive lol. Hopefully the bike will help me loose some weight!

I'm over the max on the suntour and find it works great. You can get it from a couple different European bike sites very inexpensively as well, think I paid around seventy bucks usd.

To adjust the brakes: Loosen both caliper mounting screws. Squeeze the brake which will clamp the rotor and center the caliper properly. Keep the brake lever squeezed as you re-tighten the caliper mounting screws.
Do they work well? Are the pads gripping the rotor in the right place?
Properly setup they should be readily able to throw you over the bar with a quick stab at the lever. Very good brakes!

Not been off this since i bought it, fantastic bike no problems as yet as such but the brakes seem quite noisy, sound like they are grinding on mine and the wife's bike. Never knew how much a pleasure it is to ride a bike again without struggling (and we both were!) wish i could have afforded the full suspension model but I'm quite satisfied with what i have. thinking of a suspension seat post, has anyone got any suggestions on which one to buy????

What kind of riding do you do? I'm considering the same bike after years being off bike, and want to find a little joy riding again without kidding myself that I'm 30 again (or 40 or 50 even!). I need the help but need the exercise, too. Yamaha system has some appeal there and I like the "zero cadence" feature to get power quickly. Any thoughts for an (old) noob?

BTW suspension seat posts are great. My current non e bike has the Suntour version, works well, think it is probably the least expensive option. But that would be one of my first add ons!

I have the suntour as well and think it is the best bang for the buck. I've got this bike and think it is great, I think I've already posted in a response to another of your posts regarding the yamaha being a nice, responsive little motor. It has a good kick but still feels like you're riding a bike, not being boosted on one.

@pxpaulx yes! You are the one that has gotten me thinking about the Yamaha system, just gotta get to Denver to try one. (I really hate that drive!) Bikesource in Big D has several bikes I'd like to check out and I most want to try this Haibike! OK, back to @Madbadger question!

Back