Haibike customer service

Dino

I have a 2016 Haibike Sduro Fullnine RX; a full suspension mountainbike. My bike has been greatly upgraded and modified to suit my personal taste and riding style; as I'm 71 years old, that means the majority of upgrades/mods have been done with greater safety in mind.

However, an important component(s) that are still stock on my bike are the cranks and chainrings, these are FSA components. All need to be replaced as they're nearly 4 years old with nearly 4K miles on them. You'd think this would be a relatively easy thing to do. No, not even close. I've been in touch with both Haibike and with FSA, neither of which can give me a definitive answer on replacement parts. I really do not understand this. Haibike punts me to FSA as the parts are not Haibike proprietary, and FSA, in turn, seems to be unable to match the parts on the bike (the chainrings) with anything they currently sell, and tell me I should be able to put components from other manufacturers on my bike. I feel like I'm getting the runaround and am getting extremely frustrated.

Even the dealer where I purchased the bike, almost 4 years ago, is experiencing difficulty matching the chainrings. Again, I don't understand this.

Another problem I've had involves the battery lock. The removable, external battery mounts on the upper side if the bike's downtube. It slides sideways into a bracket at the upper part of the battery on the opposite end of the power engagement/coupling area which is down toward the motor. The bracket at the top end releases the installed battery by turning a key in its locking mechanism. That's how it's supposed to work, anyhow. Somehow, the pawl, or catch, inside the bracket on my bike has stopped functioning and the battery will not release, meaning re-charging the battery must always be done while the battery is attached to the frame. Haibike has again been completely useless in finding a resolution to this problem, telling me to take the bike to my local dealer who, btw, have never seen nor heard of this problem before and has no idea what to do about it.

All this, and other less compelling difficulties, have led me to conclude that Haibike has no interest in customer service, only in selling bikes. This is unacceptable to me and is why I will never buy another Haibike, nor will I recommend this brand to anyone looking to purchase an e-bike.

Rant over. Be warned.

D. Robertson
Oxnard, CA

Last edited:
Time for another bashing rant on the forum, man this is happening a LOT! You have a dealer issue, not a Haibike issue. If your dealer has never seen an issue with the battery lock before, he's still on the hook to fix it. You don't expect Haibike to send a tech to your dealer to hold his hand do you? Haibike doesn't do customer service, they have a dealer network to handle all customer service. You are asking about Yamaha parts right? Both the battery and drivetrain parts are not made by Haibike and it's up to the dealer and Yamaha to take care of both those issues. Even if the dealer has to file an issue with Haibike to go to Yamaha for new parts. If you have a frame break and Haibike didn't send you one, THEN you would have a Haibike issue.

Time for another bashing rant on the forum, man this is happening a LOT! You have a dealer issue, not a Haibike issue. If your dealer has never seen an issue with the battery lock before, he's still on the hook to fix it. You don't expect Haibike to send a tech to your dealer to hold his hand do you? Haibike doesn't do customer service, they have a dealer network to handle all customer service. You are asking about Yamaha parts right? Both the battery and drivetrain parts are not made by Haibike and it's up to the dealer and Yamaha to take care of both those issues. Even if the dealer has to file an issue with Haibike to go to Yamaha for new parts. If you have a frame break and Haibike didn't send you one, THEN you would have a Haibike issue.
This may be technically true, but it's not in the spirit of what a customer expects when they spend so much money AND buy from a local dealer. I doubt most people would buy an ebike if these support limitations/hurdles were clearly laid out beforehand. And no, fine print buried in a bunch of documentation doesn't count. If his story is accurate, I think Dino is getting the runaround.

Poor dealer. Haibike should step in and make this right. The OP did a good job of explaining his problems and his unhappiness is warranted. Maybe I should have said lousy dealer.

I have a 2016 Haibike Sduro Fullnine RX; a full suspension mountainbike. My bike has been greatly upgraded and modified to suit my personal taste and riding style; as I'm 71 years old, that means the majority of upgrades/mods have been done with greater safety in mind.

However, an important component(s) that are still stock on my bike are the cranks and chainrings, these are FSA components. All need to be replaced as they're nearly 4 years old with nearly 4K miles on them. You'd think this would be a relatively easy thing to do. No, not even close. I've been in touch with both Haibike and with FSA, neither of which can give me a definitive answer on replacement parts. I really do not understand this. Haibike punts me to FSA as the parts are not Haibike proprietary, and FSA, in turn, seems to be unable to match the parts on the bike (the chainrings) with anything they currently sell, and tell me I should be able to put components from other manufacturers on my bike. I feel like I'm getting the runaround and am getting extremely frustrated.

Even the dealer where I purchased the bike, almost 4 years ago, is experiencing difficulty matching the chainrings. Again, I don't understand this.

Another problem I've had involves the battery lock. The removable, external battery mounts on the upper side if the bike's downtube. It slides sideways into a bracket at the upper part of the battery on the opposite end of the power engagement/coupling area which is down toward the motor. The bracket at the top end releases the installed battery by turning a key in its locking mechanism. That's how it's supposed to work, anyhow. Somehow, the pawl, or catch, inside the bracket on my bike has stopped functioning and the battery will not release, meaning re-charging the battery must always be done while the battery is attached to the frame. Haibike has again been completely useless in finding a resolution to this problem, telling me to take the bike to my local dealer who, btw, have never seen nor heard of this problem before and has no idea what to do about it.

All this, and other less compelling difficulties, have led me to conclude that Haibike has no interest in customer service, only in selling bikes. This is unacceptable to me and is why I will never buy another Haibike, nor will I recommend this brand to anyone looking to purchase an e-bike.

Rant over. Be warned.

D. Robertson
Oxnard, CA
Here is your FSA X-10 44t big ring. One left in stock at $47.99
Your 32t is probably steel and doesn't need replacing...... I even question why you think the rings need replacing at 4,000 miles?

Here is your FSA X-10 44t big ring. One left in stock at $47.99
Your 32t is probably steel and doesn't need replacing...... I even question why you think the rings need replacing at 4,000 miles?
The rings need replacing because they're worn, and tghe large one got bent.

I just gave you a link to the exact 44t chain for replacement.
You are welcome.
For the 7000 series chainring to be worn out at 4k miles probably means you never have changed the chain.
Spray WD40 in your lock and free it up.

I expect a manufacturer and their suppliers to know their products, clearly the representatives I dealt with either did not have very deep product knowledge, or they were too unmotivated to delve into the solution. Either is unacceptable.

I just gave you a link to the exact 44t chain for replacement.
You are welcome.
For the 7000 series chainring to be worn out at 4k miles probably means you never have changed the chain.
Spray WD40 in your lock and free it up.
I appreciate the find and will forward the information to my shop as soon as they open. Thank you. As for my chain, I'm on my 3rd, and on my 2nd cassette. I regularly clean and lubricate my chains. I tried WD40 on the battery lock, no effect. Any other ideas?

Note the link I am providing you. It is the Electric Bike Review Test Ride Report by Court. Scroll down below until you reach the section where Court took great care to note the components make and manufacturer and even model number. Highlight any component with your mouse, then right click on the highlighted component model and product name and number. Click on search google for that item. There, you will find everything you need to know about the component including vendors who will have this part on hand. Link: https://electricbikereview.com/haibike/sduro-fullnine-rx/

My fellow Haibike friend, you have just stumbled upon why Haibike within the US, while a superior, top tier Ebike, suffers from completely indifferent and uncaring product support after the sale is made. Live and learn, work around it like every other Haibike owner has done.

And Mr Larry Pizzi: Are you paying attention to these types of threads, sir?

Appreciate poster @Brooks for chiming in to help. Another poster who chimes in with Haibike help and aid is poster @NovaHaibike.

Note: This summer I had to replace my big front chain ring due to excessive wear. But that was after 11,000 miles. I'd suggest you increase your chain lube frequency, go for a bit more spinning in a lower gear in the back and keep the chain clean. I use DuPont Chain Saver Lube and I lube up every other, every third or fourth ride. Haibike Full FatSix, 2016 model year with the same drive components as yours.

Regards to your battery not releasing, on occasion I have had a somewhat similar issue in that the key did not want to come out of the lock. A simple firm push and pull of the key itself would free it up. Consider using a dry graphite spray in the tumber, work the key back and forth from lock to unlock, several times and see what happens. Do not use a wet oil spray. Dry graphite.

Let us know how this all works out and know you have alot of Haibike owners and riders here willing to help you out.

Ya, dry graphite is what you are supposed to use on locks... I just can never find it when I want to use it.....

Note the link I am providing you. It is the Electric Bike Review Test Ride Report by Court. Scroll down below until you reach the section where Court took great care to note the components make and manufacturer and even model number. Highlight any component with your mouse, then right click on the highlighted component model and product name and number. Click on search google for that item. There, you will find everything you need to know about the component including vendors who will have this part on hand. Link: https://electricbikereview.com/haibike/sduro-fullnine-rx/

My fellow Haibike friend, you have just stumbled upon why Haibike within the US, while a superior, top tier Ebike, suffers from completely indifferent and uncaring product support after the sale is made. Live and learn, work around it like every other Haibike owner has done.

And Mr Larry Pizzi: Are you paying attention to these types of threads, sir?

Appreciate poster @Brooks for chiming in to help. Another poster who chimes in with Haibike help and aid is poster @NovaHaibike.

Note: This summer I had to replace my big front chain ring due to excessive wear. But that was after 11,000 miles. I'd suggest you increase your chain lube frequency, go for a bit more spinning in a lower gear in the back and keep the chain clean. I use DuPont Chain Saver Lube and I lube up every other, every third or fourth ride. Haibike Full FatSix, 2016 model year with the same drive components as yours.

Regards to your battery not releasing, on occasion I have had a somewhat similar issue in that the key did not want to come out of the lock. A simple firm push and pull of the key itself would free it up. Consider using a dry graphite spray in the tumber, work the key back and forth from lock to unlock, several times and see what happens. Do not use a wet oil spray. Dry graphite.

Let us know how this all works out and know you have alot of Haibike owners and riders here willing to help you out.
Thank you for your reply and advice. I completely agree in regard to the quality of Haibike, at least mine; but this will be the last one I purchase unless/until they fix the lack of support problem. I ride my bike exclusively on dirt, generally loose, dry California trails, it gets quite dusty which causes chainring wear. Additionally, I bashed my big ring to the extent that replacement is warranted. I'm on my 3rd chain and 2nd cassette, so I figured I may as well replace all the upfront stuff too, including rings and cranks (for other reasons). Anyway, yes, maybe I could do better with lubing. I wipe the chain down and add lube every 2-3 rides and do a pretty thorough clean about once/month. Ebikes are naturally harder on drivetrain components, I believe, at any rate; and more so when subjected to dusty, dry conditions on a routine basis.

Back