Groundbreaking Trike?

I guess we need an EBR review of this trike.
Some of us know of the cost to build a quality ebike.
So, for this $2000 trike, show us the bike before we bite.
One of the reasons that this trike is getting so little reviews is the fact that it fits more than a few needs and checks just about every box for the gregarious.
We needed a good battery, *suspension* and equally as important a trike that would fit in doorways and along beautiful (narrow) walkways such as piers.
This trike fits very easily in to congested pedestrian areas without threatening oncoming pedestrian traffic.
If you're the type of person who doesn't necessarily like to mingle much to begin with (which a good number of loner bikers seem to prefer)...I'll leave it there.

G'ahead make it more top heavy
Those 'E-TRIKE' look like they are on stilts.
Race in Rockville Old School go fasters

Last edited:
Happy to hear that you are not only interested in this thread but physically using the groundbreaking Soletri/other trikes just recently release by Addmotor to further your 'old school' work-with-your-hands-build-something-cool ambitions, Jedediah.
I have always also been a fan of their groundbreaking (yeah sorry folks again, first ever) semi-recumbent M360 which has been around for quite some time now.
The difference today?
Unheard of Black Friday pricing for even more features added in 2023:
Their new REAR DRIVE 750 watt motor...
Their recently introduced split rear differential which will likely be a deal breaker forfeiture buyers when considering other trikes priced similarly...
A newly standardized(?) torque versus cadence sensor...
Their new hitch receiver for more easily pulling loads (yet another feature that I wish my Soletri had as well)...
New rear fenders.

Hopefully, our beloved groundbreaking Soletri/Herotris aren't far behind in line at Addmotor R&D for these drastic improvements.
If so, I'm all in (again) and eager to modify these models as well (so sad that the haters always keep us from simply sharing). ;)
If it was so groundbreaking it shouldn't need improvements. Maybe it's not as groundbreaking as you've shilled.

Yet another example of him skirting the rules of selling without the sites approval. Just report him for the shilling and the massive amount of insults directed at anyone. Worst sales person ever that will make sure I never point to this brand ever.

Yet another example of him skirting the rules of selling without the sites approval. Just report him for the shilling and the massive amount of insults directed at anyone. Worst sales person ever that will make sure I never point to this brand ever.
His first post in this thread seems to imply he's just another joe schmuck bragging about a bike he ordered but hadn't yet received. But his last post in this thread seem to imply he's an employee of the company that builds the bike he's shilling. There certainly seems to be a level of dishonesty there. If this is how this company advertises, it's one good reason to not buy anything from them.

His first post in this thread seems to imply he's just another joe schmuck bragging about a bike he ordered but hadn't yet received. But his last post in this thread seem to imply he's an employee of the company that builds the bike he's shilling. There certainly seems to be a level of dishonesty there. If this is how this company advertises, it's one good reason to not buy anything from them.
You are not wrong.
I deleted a post a while ago that points to the account history and the lack of posts only to suddenly appear shilling. Done the whole forum admin thing long enough to see an issue.
I report him non stop and did have some success of getting things cleared up in his posts doing the salesperson thing. Hopefully the site will finally put an end to this.
Also, I am the main person he is going after about the whole gov't- 3 wheeler issue. I did ask nicely for him to stop using my name, and he did stop directing at me by name.

I doubt that he is doing Addmotor any favors. I don’t think that many on here would want to be associated with such a person.

Directly replying to this guy seems to be what he seeks. You can’t have a rational discussion with an irrational person.

Last edited:
You guys (unwittingly) are selling each and every improvement in these (multiple model) trike designs, certainly not me.
I'm just an old 2-wheel convert who rolled the dice similarly on a few dirt cheap Zip models from Crazy Lenny in Wisconsin many years ago. My many threads helping folks out with those models are probably up here somewhere.

Trying to convince forum members to not buy a trike from a company due to becoming 'tongue-tied' each and every time said company tips the market on its head is pretty transparent to most.
Once the Soletri/Herotri (hopefully) pick up even some of these same ongoing design improvements(?)...it will be a hard decision between the former and the new M360 for my wife.
It's not easy to buy these things sight unseen without no-hands-held reviews such as offered here.
Harder still to saddle up that therapy pony of mine in every post. ;)

Directly replying to this guy seems to be what he seeks. You can’t have a rational discussion with an irrational person.
Now c'mon my friend...all I have done here is literally list over time (with a call for anyone to list a comparable trike at a comparable price) every single groundbreaking feature as they have been introduced...period.
Given that the 'name me something better' part above causes you and apparently others such great distress...I agree...stay out of the conversation and allow those willing to take a chance on new experiences a voice.
Some like to gamble using forums such as this one to make informed comparative decisions.
Others are more worried that they might fall without the training wheels attached (or even with) while they wait for mother government to 'ban' this or that.
Here's a hilarious episode of "Unashamed" using old Westerns to explain what a man once was (enjoy):

That’s funny. The guy that rides a tricycle talking about training wheels. I have no issue with those that choose or need a tricycle, but I find the irony astounding, and apparently lost on old Dash.

“Others are more worried that they might fall without the training wheels attached (or even with) while they wait for mother government to 'ban' this or that.”

Last edited:
....the 'training wheels' on your 'necessarily banned' (and now no longer produced) 3 wheeled all terrain vehicle ...are any wheel(s) added 30+ years ago to satisfy those mother government/bosom suckling folks frankly terrified to swing a leg over anything not 'approved' by Washington DC.
It is laughable after all that has been put forward here by obvious trike haters...to now claim the these guys have no problem whatsoever with trikes or groundbreaking trike designs designed around un-paralleled comfort, shared experiences, modification possibilities and cargo hauling to name but just a few unique advantages.
Glance back at the last few pages and notice how all have nothing to say as each and every new groundbreaking design change/improvement on previous trike models is unveiled by Addmotor and shared here.
Attacking me for simply bringing these new innovations forward is all that they ever have...and it shows. ;)

....the 'training wheels' on your 'necessarily banned' (and now no longer produced) 3 wheeled all terrain vehicle ...are any wheel(s) added 30+ years ago to satisfy those mother government/bosom suckling folks frankly terrified to swing a leg over anything not 'approved' by Washington DC.
It is laughable after all that has been put forward here by obvious trike haters...to now claim the these guys have no problem whatsoever with trikes or groundbreaking trike designs designed around un-paralleled comfort, shared experiences, modification possibilities and cargo hauling to name but just a few unique advantages.
Glance back at the last few pages and notice how all have nothing to say as each and every new groundbreaking design change/improvement on previous trike models is unveiled by Addmotor and shared here.
Attacking me for simply bringing these new innovations forward is all that they ever have...and it shows. ;)
I thought 3 wheeled vehicles were a step short of training wheels, (tricycle, training wheels on a two wheeler then yahoo, I can ride a two wheeler!!!).

There has been plenty of oppression, systemic racism and even genocide by the U.S. government, but I don’t think that banning an inherently dangerous toy is high on the list of atrocities. Maybe old DashRiprock needs the therapy pony that he keeps promoting.

Sorry Dash, It’s not your tricycle that people hate….

Last edited:
Djangodog said: "...There has been plenty of oppression, systemic racism and even genocide by the U.S. government..."

When these kids have such hatred and outright disrespect for our veterans ON VETERANS DAY to post crap such as the above without any fear whatsoever of anyone calling them out on it(?)...there you go.
Back on Topic: Addmotor is apparently having their largest sale ever(?) today on their trikes. After much debate with my wife; we have decided to wait.
We both love our Soletri.
Yet until Addmotor includes the features outlined in Post #148 and now included on many of their new models we will continue to look elsewhere.
First, I am a veteran, (and we are not “your” veterans). Second, I am 68, (not a kid). Third, you apparently can’t handle the truth. If you can’t handle the truth it’s probably time to saddle up that therapy pony and ride off. We should never try to “white” wash history.

Was your buddy Aaron Tippin in the service, or is he just making money as a “patriot“???? Hint, he never served, but he does make a good living trying to appeal to “patriotism”. That is how you disrespect veterans, (making money from the sacrifice of others), not by calling out the government for actual atrocities, which is a bit ironic being that you seem to constantly attack the government for the perceived “atrocity” of banning ATV trikes.

Last edited:
As a Veteran, I saw no disrespect in what he said. You are looking for fights. You are the person being disrespectful currently.

Calling out guys who have never served as being "disrespect(ful to) veterans" simply for honoring veterans just the same is about all that folks need to know regarding what you both (apparently) believe.
Feeling even better today for waiting on the Soletri/Herotri models to (hopefully) someday receive Post# 148's groundbreaking upgrades.
My next two upgrades will probably be lifting the seat to accommodate my wife's longer legs and deciding on what the seat back rest will look like to size the height with the ergonomic cushioning.
After that, we'll take a look at where the handle bars fall for both of us and go from there.
The seat and dual rear suspension on these really set them apart.

Calling out guys who have never served as being "disrespect(ful to) veterans" simply for honoring veterans just the same is about all that folks need to know regarding what you both (apparently) believe.
Feeling even better today for waiting on the Soletri/Herotri models to (hopefully) someday receive Post# 148's groundbreaking upgrades.
My next two upgrades will probably be lifting the seat to accommodate my wife's longer legs and deciding on what the seat back rest will look like to size the height with the ergonomic cushioning.
After that, we'll take a look at where the handle bars fall for both of us and go from there.
The seat and dual rear suspension on these really set them apart.
So your plan is to raise the seat on a tricycle that is narrow and already has a high center of gravity????? What could go wrong????? Are you looking for a Darwin Award?????

It seems that Addmotor would have made the seat height adjustable if it was a smart choice.

Regarding those that didn’t serve supporting veterans, I encourage them too, but when they use it as their hook to enrich themselves, I call that exploitation, not patriotism.

Last edited:
The only thing 'groundbreaking' about anything this shameless pimp does will be if one of his ill-advised changes to his ill-designed tricycle cause him to land head first onto the ground. In which case, his cement head will be the groundbreaker.

Sorry I said "don't feed the troll" and it was good advice. Couldn't resist when it was tee'd up like that.

Back