groceries

- that one will break really fast for getting a week worth of groceries +spirits !

I find that the RACKTIME BOX IT medium or large is the best. Is probably their only reliable rear basket/box. I had carried 60-80lb with it , no issue.
Comes with a solid. box also, but i don't use it. I just stack the bags and use 2-3straps. And go slowly...

Attachments

• 00F897B5-DE99-4EF2-8401-4CAA91BF98CD.png
    00F897B5-DE99-4EF2-8401-4CAA91BF98CD.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 302
Last edited:
- that one will break really fast for getting a week worth of groceries +spirits !

I find that the RACKTIME BOX IT is the best. Os probably their only reliable rear basket/box. I had carried 60-80lb with it , no issue.
Not surprised, with those two foot potholes you talk about.🤔 Not everyone has to prepare for armageddon.

Last edited:
whats the best ebike for groceries? note I live in an apartment so would have to bring the bike in

As previously discussed, most e-bikes can be equipped to carry groceries using panniers, baskets, racks etc. Also consider the bike class (1,2 or 3) and local laws when ebike shopping. Some cities, like NYC for example, are impounding any bike with a throttle (Class 2 + 3). Luckily, this strict enforcement appears to be confined to some major metro areas but it can be a consideration depending on where you live.

Was finding a rear rack somewhat limiting for grocery runs. Sample grocery errand for the MIL. I'm sure I could have fit more on the rear rack, but I'm always struggling with larger items.

1598333329467.png

Picked up a Burley Travoy. Test run tonight taking a large item back to Costco. Nice to be able to just wheel everything in.

1598333564031.png

Figured I might as well put the pannier on the trailer to free up the rear suspension but should open up a lot of options combined with panniers on rear rack:

1598333608038.png

The Red Queen posing for a pretty sunset with her baggage:

1598333649327.png

Was finding a rear rack somewhat limiting for grocery runs. Sample grocery errand for the MIL. I'm sure I could have fit more on the rear rack, but I'm always struggling with larger items.

View attachment 63427

Picked up a Burley Travoy. Test run tonight taking a large item back to Costco. Nice to be able to just wheel everything in.

View attachment 63428

Figured I might as well put the pannier on the trailer to free up the rear suspension but should open up a lot of options combined with panniers on rear rack:

View attachment 63429

View attachment 63430
Is that the Frey AM ?? How do you like it ? Any threads on Ebr were you've wrote about the experience of having it ?

View attachment 63427

View attachment 63428

View attachment 63429

View attachment 63430
I've been thinking about the Travoy for a while. Nice to see pics of one in action.

Back