Greetings from Florida

leehop71

Region
USA
City
Cape Coral
My given name is Jack. I’ll be 70 in October and live in tropical SW Florida!

I’ve been riding a 7 speed traditional bike 3 days a week, 3 miles each, about a 20 minute route for 3 years.

I’m getting to the age where going against the wind has become an issue and I also like the option of getting a ‘cool down’ lap AFTER my route with the throttle option.

So I pulled the trigger and got a Denago Model City 1 e-bike!

Fenders should arrive this week and then I can pick it up!

Looking forward to using pedal assist and getting that throttle lap after my workout!

Welcome to the electric side of the hobby.
As a geared hub motor bike, the denago city 1 will not drag the motor with your feet with the power off.
I'm age 73, and winds are becoming an increasing threat to my exercise program. With electricity, I control how much exercise I get, not the weather.
I see denago sets level 1 PAS at 15 mph. In my opinion that is entirely too fast for bad pavement. I had to take the PAS pickup off the crank of my bike to avoid crashing due to too much speed in level 1 PAS. My bike started up in level one at power up, an active danger on my rutted grass driveway.

As a geared hub motor bike, the denago city 1 will not drag the motor with your feet with the power off.
I'm age 73, and winds are becoming an increasing threat to my exercise program. With electricity, I control how much exercise I get, not the weather.
I see denago sets level 1 PAS at 15 mph. In my opinion that is entirely too fast for bad pavement. I had to take the PAS pickup off the crank of my bike to avoid crashing due to too much speed in level 1 PAS. My bike started up in level one at power up, an active danger on my rutted grass driveway.
I haven’t gotten my City Model 1 yet, waiting on fenders, but I did notice what you’re describing when I did my test ride.

However two things that may not make a big difference with that faster pos 1 speed is that I ride strictly in my residential neighborhood with flat paved roads, PLUS I only plan on using POS against the wind.

I got my Denago and you are right! The PAS 1 IS too fast! So far it’s my only con.

Back