Got the 2021 STANCE E+2

hdradaza

Had a hardtail Fathom. Going thru lots of trails offroad. Snapped up only stock left of Stance E+2. Then wondered if I should have waiting for the E+1. Newbie here so still learning a lot:

1) E+2 has sync drive sport vs E+1 sync drive pro motor - is this a big difference?
2) E+2 rear shocks no lock out vs E+1 rear shocks can be locked out - is the lock out really necessary on flat roads and uphill? I don't feel like there is a waste of energy on flats now.
3) E+2 Tektron brakes vs E+1 shimano. - thoughts on this?
4) Routes here are usually aroun 70% paved and 30% off road trails. Is this enough for me already? Or would the Stance E +1 been a better choice? Would the trance be too much bike?

Thanks for your input...

Attachments

• received_1473310786197798.jpeg
    received_1473310786197798.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 3,991
I think folks sometimes obsess over the specs too much. If the E+2 is comfortable and fun to ride snd you are not breaking components and they work (it shifts, stops and pedals well) going for the higher spec may be diminishing returns for you. The shock lockout is good to eliminate bobbing while climbing and important on a non E bike but less so on an E bike, in my opinion. As for Tektron brakes, I have had really good ones and some that were problems but Giant specs their bikes really well for their intended purpose. Shimano Deore level they spec is perfect for riding trails. If you were racing or riding really aggressive trails, a higher spec would be better but, frankly, most of us (me included) buy bikes with equipment way better than our needs. You have a nice bike from a great company. If you find some issues with some components at some point, the components can always be upgraded as needed.
Congrats and enjoy the ride!

I own a well equipped Trance E+ 2 Pro.

4) Routes here are usually aroun 70% paved and 30% off road trails. Is this enough for me already? Or would the Stance E +1 been a better choice? Would the trance be too much bike?
First of all, full suspension, thick tyre e-MTB is not a bike for paved roads. That's exactly my experience. Trance is noisy on paved roads and it is not very much of pleasure to ride in on-road (I do it only when I have to). Whenever you get off-road, the Trance shines. It just loves the rough terrain. Answering the question: The Trance would be too much of bike there.

3) E+2 Tektron brakes vs E+1 shimano. - thoughts on this?
Tektro are good brakes.

2) E+2 rear shocks no lock out vs E+1 rear shocks can be locked out - is the lock out really necessary on flat roads and uphill? I don't feel like there is a waste of energy on flats now.
That is not critical. I typically don't lock out the suspension at all although I can do it. The feature might be critical for technical trail riding but not for general use.

1) E+2 has sync drive sport vs E+1 sync drive pro motor - is this a big difference?
It is true the Pro motor has the improbable kick (it can make the bike do a wheelie) but I use the highest assist mode only when climbing very steep inclines. Not needed for casual riding. Bear in mind the notice on a Trance E+ sticker: "This e-bike was designed specifically for off-ride use and competition". Meaning: "It is not for roads; use for technical trail riding".

I think @hdradaza you will be very happy with the Stance E+ 2, yet I have a single remark: I was never happy with the 500 Wh battery. It was limiting me to relatively short rides or in low assist modes.

Back