Giant road E pro

K20z3allmotor

Hello everyone just thought I’d share my ebike project

I bought this to help me get back in shape as I have other road bikes I ride and all my friends are super fast currently.
the modding bug in me never leaves anything stock in cars and now bikes 😂. I thought I’d do a few things to help the ride and braking performance as well as unlocking its governed top speed of 28 mph (26mph in reality)
First thing I did was weigh the bike just to see what if it actually did weigh 40 lbs like I’ve read and it came in at 41 02oz with pedals
This bike doesn’t feel heavy anyway when riding but thought I’d get a baseline anyway.
I upgraded the brakes to hope rx4 with 160 disc front and back on zipp 302 clinchers with conti 28mm tires
I converted the bike to 1x11 with a gravel chainring 48 tooth and a ultegra 11-32 cassette along with ultegra di2 shifters and derailer. I also decided to use a fsa stem and compact handle bar to round off the new setup. So far these changes have made the bike much more comfortable and fast as well like it needed it but if anything it will improve range. Badass box 4 unlocked the top speed, have had it up to 35 mph easy. Final bike weight with battery is 36 lbs 12 oz
3C7291DA-0621-414E-AC94-977B70E574D4.jpeg
1047930C-A5D7-44CC-A3EE-CEEC9768B7EB.jpeg
E8F3F953-4783-4341-8BFD-F8AF5ED3079F.jpeg
EA9156F4-F1F6-4D2E-AC16-471EA0E69DF0.jpeg
1A51CEB4-5A66-497C-9ECF-0B70ADBEB179.jpeg
727F588F-3B96-475C-8DAE-EE252F336789.jpeg
A58AC9C8-C6AC-4AD0-8493-01147E3F7871.jpeg

I like the color. 👍
I just purchased a Cannondale Neo Lefty 3, with the Bosch Gen 4 motor, and it weighs the same weight as your bike (before the mods).
I'm seriously thinking of also going with a BadAssBox 4, but there has been some error codes showing up with Gen 4 motors with the current upgrade, so I think I'll wait until they have a updated version (hopefully they will).

I like that the cannondale is carbon and has a 500watt battery one reason I feel this giant needs one for longer rides and climbs. So far haven’t had a single issue with the badassbox 4

Hello everyone just thought I’d share my ebike project
I bought this to help me get back in shape as I have other road bikes I ride and all my friends are super fast currently. the modding bug in me never leaves anything stock in cars and now bikes 😂.
I thought I’d do a few things to help the ride and braking performance as well as unlocking its governed top speed of 28 mph (26mph in reality)
First thing I did was weigh the bike just to see what if it actually did weigh 40 lbs like I’ve read and it came in at 41 02oz with pedals
This bike doesn’t feel heavy anyway when riding but thought I’d get a baseline anyway.
I upgraded the brakes to hope rx4 with 160 disc front and back on Zipp 302 clinchers with Conti 28mm tires
I converted the bike to 1x11 with a gravel chainring 48 tooth and a UItegra 11-32 cassette along with Ultegra di2 shifters and derailer. I also decided to use an FSA stem and compact handlebar to round off the new setup. So far these changes have made the bike much more comfortable and fast as well like it needed it but if anything it will improve range.
Badass box 4 unlocked the top speed, have had it up to 35 mph easy. Final bike weight with battery is 36 lbs 12 oz
View attachment 65179View attachment 65181View attachment 65182View attachment 65183View attachment 65184View attachment 65185View attachment 65186

Welcome to EBR and congrats on your new Giant.

You will love the ride with your modifications... the reduced weight and the BadA$$ box are a game-changer for experienced cyclists. ;)

Swapped out the cranks for 172.50 praxis E cranks stock where 170’s which I’m not used to. I also deleted the giant ride control evo display as I use a garmin anyway and it just makes it look cluttered. I made a mountain bike ride control one fit and it saved some shocking amount of weight. I’m much happier with this cleaner look
F67A66C8-60D1-4F26-A3CC-73CDB54AFDDD.jpeg
E7475CFA-BB2B-4668-8DFA-04FBD57F40C6.jpeg
2555C941-B1CE-46A8-9D92-94BC87436C09.jpeg
0FF123BA-B5C8-41D4-8E5C-CDF2B8898599.jpeg
3586B4CD-E00B-4D48-AC4F-3810497C1EEC.jpeg

I am not familiar with how the Giant battery is mounted. Could you put a piece of foam on the inside to dampen the rattle and get rid of the ugly strap?
Was about to suggest the same thing - a strip of self adhesive foam tape should sort it, perhaps better still a piece of thin neoprene as that won't hold any water thrown up from the wheels

Why should the battery rattle?! Nothing rattles in my Trance E+... and the EnergyPak is the universal battery for Giant e-bikes. Mine seamlessly locks and is rock solid. Actually, both of them.

P.S. Ah. The Road E+ uses the 375 Wh battery and that one might be different.

Is this bike a 2020 with the 375 wh battery or the 2021 with the 500 wh battery?

That is some impressive weight reduction!

What sort of battery consumption are you seeing on rides i.e. how many wh/km or mile? Terrain, etc ...... Would love to know.

Why should the battery rattle?! Nothing rattles in my Trance E+... and the EnergyPak is the universal battery for Giant e-bikes. Mine seamlessly locks and is rock solid. Actually, both of them.

P.S. Ah. The Road E+ uses the 375 Wh battery and that one might be different.

Well the 375Wh battery in my Fastroad E EX Pro doesn't rattle (well, not so far after 30 miles of some less than smooth tarmac riding ) - i'm going to have to find another name for my ride too, its a pain to type that all the time - maybe i'll call it FEEP ?

Is this bike a 2020 with the 375 wh battery or the 2021 with the 500 wh battery?

That is some impressive weight reduction!

What sort of battery consumption are you seeing on rides i.e. how many wh/km or mile? Terrain, etc ...... Would love to know.
Sorry for the late reply, I get about 30 miles of range on the 375 batt on auto assist, after messing with the app I can comfortably get up to 60 miles of range with it with very minimum assist and some power burst in between which seems pretty impressive for the tiny batt.

Thats a hawt bike. I'm digging the ridecontrol evo delete in lieu of a ridecontrol one (I pretty much just look at the display for battery percentage which I could probably just setup on my Garmin 530). Never cared for the giant cockpit display. My EMTB (YT Decoy) just has a little E7000 display which I love the stealth look of. Wonder if I could do that on my 2020 Revolt....

I have a Revolt E+Pro and would like to swap the Ride Control 1 for the existing Evo ( inaccurate mileage, speed, updates stop at -20% and it happened so fast I missed the time I maxed out to 471 mph) Is the swap plug and play or more complicated, (firmware, different connectors, cable length or ?? ) I'm curious if the RC 1 is a readily available part. I found two ; 245-FLED28-10 and 245-FLRMSP-01on a '21 Trance) mostly European dealers. The Trance is a class 1 and the Road/ Revolt is class 3 is the speed limiter in ride controller or the motor itself. I'm curious which one you used. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I made this swap on my Revolt. Not sure exactly what version of the One I got; my shop sent my serial to Giant and they sent the compatible version. I think it was 80 bucks. Swap is simple enough, the plug is behind the battery lock mechanism behind the head tube. Pull that out, unplug, remove evo, connect up one, put it back together. I setup my garmin 530 to display battery percentage and assist level and all is good. Much cleaner cockpit.

Back