GIANT RideControl App 2.0

A little perspective: if the worst we have to grumble about lately around here is an underbaked v2.0 of an app we as Giant users aren't doing too badly.

I read of the broken motors, cracked frames, faulty IGHs, endless battery issues, etc, etc in the other subforums. The odd issue befouls us here but on the whole they do seem to hold their reputation as reliable bikes. I'll take a working bike over a flash bike anyday.

I bought a Giant knowing full well their reputation as the Toyota of the Ebike world: often off the mark tech wise, eschewing the cutting edge bells and whistles of competitors, but generally pretty rock solid and built on tried and tested components.

(I hope I haven't jinxed myself now)

Ah, the official 'new' app thread...
Downloaded it a week or so ago on a prompt - works fine. I don't really use a display anymore. (shrug)
Thought the Giant owners here would be happy for an updated app. I guess the jury is out. LOL

Still just love my Trance E - the new X 29 pro with 625w pack looks interesting. 👍

But it's quite a bit of the overall price. A new Trance 29 E+3 with the 625w pack is $5499. Just the 625w battery pack w/o cover, is $1350. That's Canadian pricing. The 625 is sold out on the Canadian website, and hopefully by spring they'll have some stock. I'm considering a second battery and if so, would prefer the largest available for my bike.

625w battery.

Screenshot_20201123-090109.png

Yes, yes, @RandallS. You can place the order now and I think you wouldn't be charged in advance (I did so and only paid upon getting the battery). There will be a problem. You should also order the "RockGuard" or the skid-plate for the battery. I ordered that together with the 625 Wh battery many months ago and still am waiting for the delivery. My brother has applied a temporary solution. He took a large piece of thick foam, cut it to the size, and delicately glued it to the bottom of the battery (I can take some pictures if you like). Next, we have used Fahrer-Berlin AKKU Cover Tube mat to wrap the bottom tube of the Trance E+ for further protection. We did it it already in September I think. The foam and the mat have been protecting the battery without the skid-plate well. Yet consider ordering the "Rock Guard", too. In advance.

Previous version wouldn't finish the update but the new one does. App looks fine. Interface is a bit cleaner. I can change assist settings which is all I care about.

Woo-Hoo! Version 1.1 was finally able to update my Momentum Transend E+!

Version 1.0.01 would always fail on update 2-3 at 14%.

I like the lifetime milage and battery charge cycles info in the new app. I understand giant changed software developers and probably cloud servers, but it's too bad they couldn't work it out where previous rides from the old version would import.

Back