Giant Explorer E+ 2 grips

Ofarrell

Good morning, I went to change out my grips on my Giant Explore E+ 2 not realizing the controller is somewhat integrated into the grip and locking mechanism/coller. When i try to put on new grips the controller coller wont tighten leaving it very loose. Anyone know a way around this? I was changing to some Ergons due to arthritis in the hands. I find they help a little. The old grip has a ring of plastic that fits under the controller ring that gives helps provide a snug fit.

Good morning, I went to change out my grips on my Giant Explore E+ 2 not realizing the controller is somewhat integrated into the grip and locking mechanism/coller. When i try to put on new grips the controller coller wont tighten leaving it very loose. Anyone know a way around this? I was changing to some Ergons due to arthritis in the hands. I find they help a little. The old grip has a ring of plastic that fits under the controller ring that gives helps provide a snug fit.

I'm following this one too. I like my old Ergon GP1 grips more than the stock grips on my Explore but can't work out how to mount alongside the controller either 🤔

This topic has come up before. Try doing a search on this forum for Egon grips. If I remember, they had to cut off a small part of the oem grip and use it as a spacer between the controller and the handlebar so it would take out the slack and tighten up.

What 2mm screw? Mine don't seem to be connected to anything else on either end of the handlebars. I'm trying to adjust the tilt of the grips w/o having to twist the handlebars.

It might be hard to find. The one that is beside the controller was tucked in under the grip but its on the controller bracket that slides over your grip end. The other side, the screw was way underneath. Some grips lock at the wider part.... the ones on my explorer have the lock screw on the metal band at the thinner side.

Ah, my E+4 has different grips that are not connected with the controller. Thanks for your suggestion, tho.

Back