GEN3 Support Not Answering or Responding

TECTOPCAT

Region
USA
I'm not sure where to post this but I have a question or two. I bought online 2 Gen3 Groove bikes, the first one assembled easy. The 2nd one, upon opening the box had some scratches (no big deal) but the front fork is warped or bent, no way will the wheel go on both front forks and brake caliper. I took a level to measure it and it is off, not parallel or straight as the first one was so it is not my imagination. IDK if they shipped me a used unit or damaged in shipping. I get mistakes happen but I've been emailing and calling their support since last week-NO ANSWER-I posted on their FB page and they deleted my post but no support answer.

Is there a way to get a hold of them (they are based in Washington)-their outgoing message say they will get back to you in 1-2 days-been over that-has anyone dealt with them?
Or is there some way to fix the front fork myself? Some tool I'm not aware of to bend it into shape? Will any bike shop do it even if they did not sell me the bike?

Thank you
TC

A bike shop may or may not make an attempt at straightening a fork- my guess is likely not with the liability-consciousness/sue-happy nature of the world today.

I will say that I ordered a bike from Gen3, and the shipment was lost, supposedly by UPS. It took getting the credit card company involved to get my money back from them.

They were responsive to my emails I sent, though, I will give them that much credit.

I received a gen3 groove bike a few days ago with the same issue. I've put in a ticket but please let me know how you resolve the issue.

Any luck resolving the issue TECTOPCAT? Still haven't heard from support on my ticket submitted 7/9, but will attempt to call support tomorrow.

No, I finally got an email, saying that they are 10 days backed up from answering support questions, well, its been 10 days and nada-maybe more like 3 to 4 weeks? idk-very poor-calls just go to recording-I've probably called 20 times on different days

Welcome to the world of budget eBikes. Sadly I expect many of the little fad fatty folders similarly priced will become scrap sooner then later. It sucks and I feel bad for you. But I can’t buy a quality kit, at dealer pricing, with a aftermarket parts stream for $1200! It’s a hard lesson. All of these types of sales and budget bikes make YOU the local bike shop.

Received mine last week, and YES same bent fork so I can't install front tire. Called including leaving messages, and placed a support ticket with no response. I contacted CC company to dispute charge as I just want to return this defective Groove bicycle. Completely unprofessional and I might file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission on their bad business practices.

FYI this is CEO on linkedln
Jason’s Profile
linkedin.com/in/jason-lemelson-128b0b2

His other company ubiolabs went under so I have a feeling that Gen3Ride is next so they are delaying customer service requests on purpose.

Wow this is disappointing on so many levels. I feel fortunate to have gotten my issues resolved—-seems like in the nick of time.

Disputing the charges should get the wheels turning.

Keep us informed how things go!

Any luck resolving the issue TECTOPCAT? Still haven't heard from support on my ticket submitted 7/9, but will attempt to call support tomorrow.
Update on my end... Ticket submitted 7/9, added pics 7/18, received first response 8/1 that technician was reviewing pictures and ticket. 8/4 received that they "processed a replacement suspension to be sent out" and provided instructions to replace the fork.

26 days from ticket submission to supposed resolution. Could be worse, fingers crossed no other issues.

I just can't understand why anyone would go to the trouble and money of what it must take to get a bicycle company off the ground only to cripple their business right off the bat by not having enough people onboard to answer problem calls promptly.
I know this is an E-bike forum that the people who attend here might not be plentiful enough in number to complain and make or break a company, but these threads WILL find their way into someone's internet search results and just may cost the company significant sales they otherwise may have made. Even if the person answering the FIRST call promptly ends up having to initiate a callback by a more experienced employee to help the resolution of a problem they can't handle themselves? I mean, how tough can a first call be to handle even if your knowledge is not much more than ZERO? Not answering the support lines of your business amounts to fratricide?

CN

Update on my end... Ticket submitted 7/9, added pics 7/18, received first response 8/1 that technician was reviewing pictures and ticket. 8/4 received that they "processed a replacement suspension to be sent out" and provided instructions to replace the fork.

26 days from ticket submission to supposed resolution. Could be worse, fingers crossed no other issues.
Could be way better too. CN🤞

Back