Garmin and Bosch Now Talking to Each Other (Smart System)

Aushiker

Well-Known Member
Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
Garmin's latest firmware update for the '40 series and, presumably, the '50 series (I have not checked) indicates that Garmin and Bosch are now talking to each other. I have not investigated this further; I am not a Garmin GPS user, nor do I have a Smart System, but it may be of interest to you if you do.


1781140677945.png
 
Latest News

The man (Marcin) who won Great Lakes Gravel eRIDE100 (107.1 km/66.56 mi, 646 m/2,120 ft) in 3 h 45min and riding a Canyon Grail:ONfly CF6...
1790255477120.png

...is an early adopter of Bosch E-Bike and Garmin 1050 integration.

1790255589000.png

Here are the data passed from his e-bike (and a chest HRM) to Strava via Garmin.
He tells me he can also see the e-bike battery % on his Garmin.

An interesting comparison: my brother -- whose leg power is almost identical as of the rider's above but riding a traditional bike -- burned about the same amount of calories on the same route but came in 14 minutes later. This is what the e-bike (with the assistance restricted to 25 km/h) gave Marcin on the ascents!
 
Last edited:
Back