Garmin 530 and Orbea Gain m20i

Monaro

Region
Australia
Hi Hoping someone can hekp
On the 530 I go to search all sensors. It picks up the Orbea e-bike sensor. So I move down to select the sensor and press accept. Then a tick appears in the box for the sensor. But then nothing. According to the YouTube video I should see all the e-bike data appear below the sensor. The 530 just has a small dotted circle in the top right of the screen, spinning it’s wheels.
When I then press the accept button, top right side I get “ do you want to exit without saving”
It’s as if the pairing request isn’t being accepted or recognised?
Kind regards
Kev

Hi Hoping someone can hekp
On the 530 I go to search all sensors. It picks up the Orbea e-bike sensor. So I move down to select the sensor and press accept. Then a tick appears in the box for the sensor. But then nothing. According to the YouTube video I should see all the e-bike data appear below the sensor. The 530 just has a small dotted circle in the top right of the screen, spinning it’s wheels.
When I then press the accept button, top right side I get “ do you want to exit without saving”
It’s as if the pairing request isn’t being accepted or recognised?
Kind regards
Kev
Just an update. When we got the bike we used my wife’s iPhone and the mahle app to connect and use as a bike computer as well as see amount of charge etc. And at home I used the same app on my iPhone and connected to check when it was fully charged.

In a guess that there might be a limit on devices the bike can connect to. I disconnected my mahle smart bike app on my phone to the bike

Please note when unsuccessfully trying to get the edge to receive the e-bike data none of the phones were in range of the bike and not running the app.

However After I did this the edge 530 started receiving data from the bike and worked as expected.

So is there a limit on the devices the Orbea Gain m10 can connect to? I would expect that maybe to be the case when actually connecting, but even when only 1 device is in use?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Kev

If the connection is done by Bluetooth, only one device (smartphone or Garmin) can be connected. If Orbea/Mahle supported ANT+, you could connect multiple ANT+ devices (Garmin Edge 530 is both Bluestooth and ANT+).

If the connection is done by Bluetooth, only one device (smartphone or Garmin) can be connected. If Orbea/Mahle supported ANT+, you could connect multiple ANT+ devices (Garmin Edge 530 is both Bluestooth and ANT+).
Hi thanks. I think the 2022 Orbea gain m20i uses both ant+ and Bluetooth. So how do I select to use ant+?

Hi thanks. I think the 2022 Orbea gain m20i uses both ant+ and Bluetooth. So how do I select to use ant+?
If LEV ANT+ is really supported by your Orbea Gain, you should get as many as three sensors available on your Garmin: Cadence, Power, and E-Bike automatically. Garmin Edge requires connecting all three sensors (it is different for Wahoo ELEMNT computers where you only connect E-Bike and the rest is handled automatically). If you cannot see all the three sensors, something is wrong.

If LEV ANT+ is really supported by your Orbea Gain, you should get as many as three sensors available on your Garmin: Cadence, Power, and E-Bike automatically. Garmin Edge requires connecting all three sensors (it is different for Wahoo ELEMNT computers where you only connect E-Bike and the rest is handled automatically). If you cannot see all the three sensors, something is wrong.
Hi. The edge only detects the e-bike sensor. At first when detected, and I selected it, nothing happened, ie pairing did not proceed. When I disconnected the smart bike app on my phone from the Orbea and tried again with the edge the e-bike sensor was detected, then selected and then data was received.
The shop said I needed a Garmin speed cadence sensor mounted on the crank for the edge to receive cadence data.
Botton line is the edge only is detecting one sensor from the gain, the e-bike one.
Is that not right?
Thanks
Kev

Is that not right?
It is correct. Orbea Gain is equipped with the Mahle hub-drive motor, so it neither has the cadence nor power sensor. The E-Bike sensor only gives you the Battery % and Assist Mode as the display parameters. The shop people were right.

I was thinking of mid-drive motor e-bikes, such as the Specialized SL line that has all three sensors. Sorry for confusing you.

Back