FYI Juiced Bikes

Cassidy

Hi everyone just a quick heads up. I read in a thread concerning sizing and that Juiced had a great return policy/customer service. This was my experience. Being new to the Ebike community I researched as most do. I decided I wanted the CCX XL but they were out of stock (this within the past week). Then they introduced the CCS2 with free fenders and rack. I figured since the CCX was out of stock I would get the new CCS2. I then started reading about sizing and determined that a Large would be better. Since a large was what I needed, they did in fact have the CCX in stock. I contacted Juiced this morning and they were very quick in their responses.

I asked since the ccs2 had not shipped, if I could order the ccx and they said they couldn't as my order was getting ready to ship. I then asked if I could cancel and then order the CCX. They responded saying I could in fact upgrade to the ccx. But then I looked on their webpage and saw they increased the price back to 2499 (it was on sale for 2299). I then asked if they would honor the discount considering if I would have originally ordered the Large it would have fallen within the discount time frame. I think they changed the price today or maybe yesterday. They said they would not honor the price and would keep the original order - ccs2. It is difficult to know the size you need of you cant physically try it. The only source I had was to research online and I had varied opinions. So I would think they would err on the side of customer service but they did not.

Last edited:
Hello from Hawaii. I am new to EBR but encountered a customer service/warranty issue that I would like to share with any potential Juiced Bike customers.
A few months ago I began to experience periodic loss of power and shutdown of my LED display, This issue became more frequent and eventually lead me to submit a request (6/19/19) for warranty repair (Ripcurrent was purchased 12/18). I was fortunate to have a resource such as EBR forums to research the problem prior to submitting my request. Therefore I was fairly certain that the problem was the battery discharge port socket/pin pushed in problem. Juiced Bikes initially replied to me in a timely manner, and requested pictures to confirm my problem. JB agreed that the battery port socket appeared to be the problem. A battery service box was sent (free of charge), and I promptly returned my battery with the defective port sockets pushed in. Juiced bikes received my battery on 7/3/19. After I sent several emails regarding the status of my battery I finally got an email response from their customer support manager (Rasan Aycox) today that my battery was boxed and ready to be shipped out. She stated that "However, there is a shipping fee ($107)
as per the warranty, the customer is responsible for fees associated with return shipping. Juiced Bikes will not pay for return shipping on any defective product or component". REALLY? for a battery part that JUICED BIKES stated was resolved with the connector supplier. Very disappointed since the problem appears to be a JB manufacturing issue which they resolved after the fact. I will make sure to let my fellow Hawaii residents to think twice before purchasing anything from JB....Thank you to Cassidy for posting about customer service, and sorry for the lengthy first post .

As a new JB customer who hasn’t received shipment yet, Thanks for letting us know your experiences. Not excusing JB, I wonder if the high shipping price was due to your location in Hawaii as opposed to say somewhere else in the continental United States.

Hello from Hawaii again. Yes, my distance from the continental U.S. definitely plays a large part in the high shipping price. JB charged $200
for shipping on my initial purchase Dec. 18, which I thought was very reasonable for shipping an entire Bike to Hawaii. I was unaware (until this morning -Hawaii time) that JB no longer ships to Hawaii. I have sent my payment and just have to pray that I do not encounter anymore issues with my Ripcurrent.

Enjoy your new Bike when it arrives!

Hello from Hawaii. I am new to EBR but encountered a customer service/warranty issue that I would like to share with any potential Juiced Bike customers.
A few months ago I began to experience periodic loss of power and shutdown of my LED display, This issue became more frequent and eventually lead me to submit a request (6/19/19) for warranty repair (Ripcurrent was purchased 12/18). I was fortunate to have a resource such as EBR forums to research the problem prior to submitting my request. Therefore I was fairly certain that the problem was the battery discharge port socket/pin pushed in problem. Juiced Bikes initially replied to me in a timely manner, and requested pictures to confirm my problem. JB agreed that the battery port socket appeared to be the problem. A battery service box was sent (free of charge), and I promptly returned my battery with the defective port sockets pushed in. Juiced bikes received my battery on 7/3/19. After I sent several emails regarding the status of my battery I finally got an email response from their customer support manager (Rasan Aycox) today that my battery was boxed and ready to be shipped out. She stated that "However, there is a shipping fee ($107)
as per the warranty, the customer is responsible for fees associated with return shipping. Juiced Bikes will not pay for return shipping on any defective product or component". REALLY? for a battery part that JUICED BIKES stated was resolved with the connector supplier. Very disappointed since the problem appears to be a JB manufacturing issue which they resolved after the fact. I will make sure to let my fellow Hawaii residents to think twice before purchasing anything from JB....Thank you to Cassidy for posting about customer service, and sorry for the lengthy first post .
I still am waiting for my Bike and yes customer service seems to be an issue. As I said before, I think the owner is knowledgeable and is motivated to make a good bike but I feel his business sense in total is a work in progress. The people who answer the phone regarding sales and after purchase service are the front lines of a company. When I initially called seeking answers to questions I had, the response after a few days was they were sorry but only had 1 person handling the sales questions but be sure that "we have a full staff to handle warranty and trouble issues". I have to say based on what I have read and how they respond, I think they are inundated. I don't think they can handle the requests. I think they give you answers to try and appease rather than if it's true. I ordered 9 days ago and no response until I asked about changing the size a few days ago and they responded that "your order is being prepped for shipping as we speak", still nothing from them. It takes 3 days to prep to ship? That is one example. But again the owner seems to want to get it right and hopefully he will.

I want to report back that yesterday I received an email from the sales manager telling me the bike will be shipped. Last night I received an email saying it was shipped and would arrive today. They said because it's a new version (ccs 2) it took longer to inspect etc. So good news :)

Congratulations on the GOOD NEWS. I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my JB battery. Ripcurrent is just NO FUN without the battery. LOL

Thanks you too --- Of course this morning I received an answer to my question "can you tell me when it will be shipped?" (asked the other day). They responded saying "There will be a small delay 5-7 days" I responded that they need better customer service as the bike is scheduled to be delivered today. That's what I mean when they give you answers that are not necessarily true but just to appease.

Well interesting response. Sad that people insert themselves and beliefs as if true. Let's be clear, your reference using the term "bash" suggests something that is meant to hurt or demean in some way. Thats far different than someone's experience. Im not sure what you saw in my posts to warrant a response like yours but please tell us their side. Im very interested to hear how this became something that was a "he said /she said". I hope he knows I have the emails to support my post (it's not like this was on the phone) He seems to think changing size was a problem for their "margin" ? Yet you refer to their web page which says that "if you need to change an order let us know". So let's get that out of the way. Being an internet business, selling bikes online etc has advantages and disadvantages. Part of not being able to try a bike for size and feel is a disadvantage and the company knows because of that, size etc may change. Doing one's 'homework" is exactly what we all do coming to these forums and which led me to changing my size (because this forum suggested both sizes from different people).

Now what is the worth of a post like mine detailing my experience? First it gives potential customers an idea of what they may expect, maybe people also have delays and are not getting responses and can understand others too are having issues. And maybe the company themselves, will change and improve. Customer service is important to some people.

Yet when you see a sentence like this "Once again we’re complaining about service terms clearly outlined on a web page, along with many accessible forum reviews. Still we choose to avoid a stocking dealer to save a couple of hundred bucks. ", It makes you wonder if this person may have a personal issue with internet bike companies. Lastly I did buy a bike from this company in the end, so again your theory of "bashing" just doesn't hold up,

Last edited:
Yes but you fail IMHO to understand that anyone who sells online understands the positives and negatives. In no way should anyone feel as if ordering online equates to diminished service. The seller is very aware of the expense associated with shipping and possible returns and warranty items. All of these go into the business model. In addition their policies are clearly displayed on their website, which indeed discusses returns, order changes, and warranty items, and any costs associated with that. I might also add that ordering online does not mean one is buying an inferior product. I have no idea how anything I posted would then cause you to say "Only with the unrealistic expectations of bargain hunters " or equate it to Amazon for that matter. There was nothing unrealistic about my expectations beyond normal customer service. I also want to mention that buying an e bike locally may have advantages but how are you supposed to get the bike home? How do you bring it back for any issues (if the store is several miles away)?

Once again these types of reviews that criticize based on real experience rather than bashing to hurt a company have a value and can help future customers but more important it can help the company.

Yes but you fail IMHO to understand that anyone who sells online understands the positives and negatives. In no way should anyone feel as if ordering online equates to diminished service. The seller is very aware of the expense associated with shipping and possible returns and warranty items. All of these go into the business model. In addition their policies are clearly displayed on their website, which indeed discusses returns, order changes, and warranty items, and any costs associated with that. I might also add that ordering online does not mean one is buying an inferior product. I have no idea how anything I posted would then cause you to say "Only with the unrealistic expectations of bargain hunters " or equate it to Amazon for that matter. There was nothing unrealistic about my expectations beyond normal customer service. I also want to mention that buying an e bike locally may have advantages but how are you supposed to get the bike home? How do you bring it back for any issues (if the store is several miles away)?

Once again these types of reviews that criticize based on real experience rather than bashing to hurt a company have a value and can help future customers but more important it can help the company.
With whom are you referring to? Was their post deleted?

All good. I agree to disagree. Expect diminished service. I just cannot see the expectation s being consistently met.
yes I deleted. I’m certain my post wasn’t useful to those with over the top expectation s of online bike purchases. I’m promising myself to just not bother with complains about these misguide CS complaints. IMO pay for service and support with a LBS or... well... live with the outcome. I’m out.

He deleted his posts. I think he has a an overall "gripe" to online purchases. Nothing I posted would equate to his assessment. Somehow he feels that what I posted was "over the top expectations". It is a strange argument based on my post but also in general. I guess he feels people are going online to avoid paying more and because of that they are not entitled to customer service or at least the same customer service of a brick and mortar establishment. The Juiced CCS2 is a great bike at a great price with most of the features I was looking for. I would have bought this bike if online or at a local store. I might add that upon receiving my bike they included fender stays for one side only. I called and they immediately put an order in and scheduled for shipping. So that was very good, :)

Missed out on "well known member" Mr. Jaszewski's informative post, but I am most certainly glad that your extremely relevant post caught my eye while perusing EBR. The short post that TJ left made me ponder his state of mind, since the spelling errors were "over the top" .Thank you for your informative post Cassidy!

I didn't read @Thomas Jaszewski's original post so I can't remark on his comments.

For our newer members, it's worth noting that Thomas has been in the ebike business for quite a while, and has done a large amount of customer service. So his remarks are not just opinion, but based on the kind of experience that very few of us have. I've often found his insights to be informative, whether tactful or not.

That being said, if they were less than useful, then he did the right thing in deleting them.

He deleted his posts. I think he has a an overall "gripe" to online purchases. Nothing I posted would equate to his assessment. Somehow he feels that what I posted was "over the top expectations". It is a strange argument based on my post but also in general. I guess he feels people are going online to avoid paying more and because of that they are not entitled to customer service or at least the same customer service of a brick and mortar establishment. The Juiced CCS2 is a great bike at a great price with most of the features I was looking for. I would have bought this bike if online or at a local store. I might add that upon receiving my bike they included fender stays for one side only. I called and they immediately put an order in and scheduled for shipping. So that was very good, :)
Missed out on "well known member" Mr. Jaszewski's informative post, but I am most certainly glad that your extremely relevant post caught my eye while perusing EBR. The short post that TJ left made me ponder his state of mind, since the spelling errors were "over the top" .Thank you for your informative post Cassidy!
I don't always agree with Thomas, but he has more ebike experience than 90% of the members here and he has a lot to offer. He tries to help, like most of us. He'll be the first to try to help you with real technical information, not just opinion. The best thing about this forum is the collective experience and available help.

I don't always agree with Thomas, but he has more ebike experience than 90% of the members here and he has a lot to offer. He tries to help, like most of us. He'll be the first to try to help you with real technical information, not just opinion. The best thing about this forum is the collective experience and available help.
Im sure there are people out there who are not just ebike enthusiasts, but also experts and run businesses etc that are specific to certain forums. I surely did not get the impression he was helping, rather he basically tried to create an argument that I should not expect customer service if buying online, and what I mean about customer service would be what I detailed in my first post. So it was a bit strange as I detected he was trying to create an argument consistent with his past posts (i'm assuming), to somehow conclude that one should not buy online. Again nothing I posted would equate to his reasoning.

I usually don't take much time to correct or even use the spelling correction. I'm retired and answer to no one. Attacking spelling on a forum is about as juvenile an activity as one will ever find. Spelling police. I give hours each day attempting to assist. Sometimes I just should STFU. But I don't. Years of experience lead to me being frustrated by the forum whiners. Stuff happens. I have fun at this and in no way even remotely interested in what someone finds to critique in my spelling or grammar. It's a forum, NOT a legal document. Not a memo I may have sent to my superiors as a horticulture director for Steve Wynn. It's an eBike review forum. Relax. Raed my sig.

Im sure there are people out there who are not just ebike enthusiasts, but also experts and run businesses etc that are specific to certain forums. I surely did not get the impression he was helping, rather he basically tried to create an argument that I should not expect customer service if buying online, and what I mean about customer service would be what I detailed in my first post. So it was a bit strange as I detected he was trying to create an argument consistent with his past posts (i'm assuming), to somehow conclude that one should not buy online. Again nothing I posted would equate to his reasoning.

There's a couple of good quips about ASSUMING. I'll leave that to you. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Sometimes people post and are just plain FOS. I tire of the attacks and innuendo that n00bs plaster forums with. Buy an online bike and get what you paid for. Period.

Last edited:
That being said, if they were less than useful, then he did the right thing in deleting them.
Deleted simply because I became aware it was a waste of time. Zero to expert in one purchase irritates the S%$! out of me. Plastering forums with issues that belong between buyers and sellers when 99% of the time we only get a portion of the story. I've watched it for decades. One of my favorite forums, modernvespa.com, where I'm a highly rated poster with more than 10 years of posts, calls me "resident grump". Why? Because I tire of the BS. And speak directly from my experience. Am I the smartest guy? HELL NO. But my honesty has carried me through a blessed life. END THREAD FOR ME.

Back