FTH power - the best battery rebuild &for the 5Amp battery charger

Ebiker01

Thanks to Court and Ravi for making the video review and guiding me towards them !!

Shouts out to FTH for reviving my battery pack (i had opened it by myself earlier and messed it up) and building a custom charger from a LUNA advanced 48v charger .
All 98$ Only !!

Now the BH EASY NITRO can charge at 5Amps custom charge @80/90/100%.

After you get the LUNA charger DO NOT connected It directly. I did that first and messed up the battery, then I opened it and messed it up even further.

I had sent them the LUNA + Battery and they fixed and connected the cables from original charger to the newer advanced charger.
THANK YOU !!

Ps-Rebuilding a battery pack is only 300$ . Compared that to the 5or 600$ charged by the other companies !

Shipping was Ups Hazmat 5-7days, very professional, probably the hardest box that i ever had to open.
The Luna advanced charger is 100$.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 547
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 535
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 558
Basically any battery can be now charged at 4/5amps using this custom made set up.

I don’t know what exactly and how they did it , but i myself have a multimeter, know how to solder and tinker with this stuff quite often.

The BMS was not changed b/c the Fast charger works with the spare battery also .
It did not work before the work was done , when i tried it.

And i’m sure with an even faster charger 6/7amps it can also be done but that will stress out the chemicals too much...

I just traded in one of my old Stromer st2 prob a little over 20,000 miles and needing repairs for a Nitro! May have a few questions, need more battery, did you get more amp hours out of the rebuild?

Tq sensor not very linear, always goes at full speed when engaged, Smooth ride. Still have st2s which was fixed at the same time and a broken st1 "no comm"

I am waiting for the new models to come out and see what is what and get my retirement present for myself. I will probably give this to my brother :)

Last edited:
I didn’t went with the 600wh to 672wh rebuild b/c they build up the Luna fast charger to work with the battery. But they had to fix the battery b/c i open it before and messed up something.

I can charge at 5amps now. So i will just carry it with me when. I go for long trips. And i have a spare battery that I don’t need to lug around any longer.

I may instead change the controller to accept more amps so that i can have the battery rebuild into a 52v x14amps-728wh.

Q- which Nitro model year do you have ? The 2018/2019 ones uses a newer Torque sensor.
I never had issues with it but the earlier Bh ebikes prior to 2017 had few or many issues depending on who you ask😉.
Have you tried opening it and giving the T sensor a thorough cleaning with electronic cleaner ? Then apply Dielectric grease and should be okay.

I see a big trend of switching from commuter to mtb. For regular commute.
A full suspension carbon e mtb. With a strong rack for up to 125lb would be the ultimate commuter.
I see the Bh Atom X carbon as a strong contender. 720wh. Or a Trek/ Specialized emtb .

An ebike is the ultimate anti aging present 😉

Guys
Panasonic, Samsong, Sanyo, Sony, LG and a any others I can't think of right now all rate there cells at 1C charge rate. That's safely charged at 1C. That means a 10ah battery can safely be charged at 10 amps. Cells can get warm during charging sometimes yes, this is more so when the battery is cold. But that doesn't mean you can't charge at 1C. Chargers have been rated to 5 amps in the lithium world for many years. Now they go up to 40 amps on some models because some batteries can take it. But to say a 13ah or 17 ah battery can't take 7 or 8 amps is wrong. They can. Some packs are limited by the BMS to maybe 5 amps, but that's the BMS limit and not the battery. So going from a 2 amp charger to a 5 or 8 amp charger is perfectly safe. You are at less than 1/2C charge rate at 5 amps so no need to spread worry. Even at 8 amps we are well under the manufactures charge rate.

It is a 2018 or it is supposed to be. My manuals were not for the bike, didn’t mention any 48v information. I just got the on line version. It was my first ride. I did get an 05 error once which is a motor sensor error that lasted less then a sec and had no power. I just found that out 2 min ago. I have the center panel screen , did they have that before the 2018 model? I want verify I have the correct model. It was purchased in WI and I live in DC suburbs.

Do you want to sell your spare? I carry as much battery as I can , I will do a 100 mile ride as fast as I can, not fast but fast as I can :)

I am looking at FLYON motor on a Haibike, R&M super delite, Fuell, new Trek with belt , no longer ST 5,

Guys
Panasonic, Samsong, Sanyo, Sony, LG and a any others I can't think of right now all rate there cells at 1C charge rate. That's safely charged at 1C. That means a 10ah battery can safely be charged at 10 amps. Cells can get warm during charging sometimes yes, this is more so when the battery is cold. But that doesn't mean you can't charge at 1C. Chargers have been rated to 5 amps in the lithium world for many years. Now they go up to 40 amps on some models because some batteries can take it. But to say a 13ah or 17 ah battery can't take 7 or 8 amps is wrong. They can. Some packs are limited by the BMS to maybe 5 amps, but that's the BMS limit and not the battery. So going from a 2 amp charger to a 5 or 8 amp charger is perfectly safe. You are at less than 1/2C charge rate at 5 amps so no need to spread worry. Even at 8 amps we are well under the manufactures charge rate.

Thank you.
I had no idea that that’s where the limits are.
Everyone makes this 2amp chargers or 4amps.
What means 1C ?

It is a 2018 or it is supposed to be. My manuals were not for the bike, didn’t mention any 48v information. I just got the on line version. It was my first ride. I did get an 05 error once which is a motor sensor error that lasted less then a sec and had no power. I just found that out 2 min ago. I have the center panel screen , did they have that before the 2018 model? I want verify I have the correct model. It was purchased in WI and I live in DC suburbs.

Do you want to sell your spare? I carry as much battery as I can , I will do a 100 mile ride as fast as I can, not fast but fast as I can :)

I am looking at FLYON motor on a Haibike, R&M super delite, Fuell, new Trek with belt , no longer ST 5,

Before 2018 it had the left hand side display with different issues. Error 03 and others..

The Nitro After 2018 is just perfect. 860watts power in level 5 , 605wh bat.
The error 05 may occasionally pop up when in a high gear or higjest gear and pressing too hard on the pedal or very fast, or when going over a pothole and then pedalling. Like in your case , it also also has happened for me for 1-2seconds then display os all good and in same Pas level.
I learn to not be too forceful on the pedals , and switch gears.

With the spare , allthough i am not and i assume I won’t be using it , in case of a batery drop ( i did drop the other bat. 1x on the hard floor inside Walmart) or failure in near long future , i need to have it around just in case.
AFter that hard drop -3feet from backpack i had to hard power it up(open it/reset Bms) and then it was all fine.

I am also waiting in the Flyon in a commuter or mtb. That can take a rear rack. I don’t feel that the Fuell will live up to the expectations for a high end ebike.
I rather invest in a carbon emtb up to 5-6k and adapt it for commuting. 40-45lb max.
That’s why that Haibike Flyon Xdurro adventure looks very promising. But is nowhere to be found due to their issue with the TQ motor( found this from a post from Ravi).

That would be nr. 1 choice then
Atom X carbon Lynx

Last edited:
Back