Front rack - How do you use it?

little_harry

I'm waiting for my new Multicharger and trying to get my head around how to use the front rack.

A lot of other cargo bikes with a front rack have a bag or basket or something that fits the rack very well (like Benno Boost "Utility Front Tray Bag" ). But as far as I understand R&M don't offer any bag, basket or any other solution that fits the front rack.

So, How do you use the front rack? Is there any other products out there that fits the front rack from R&M?

The only thing I can thing of is that I will work very well for a sleeping pad, but I don't need a that when I bring the kids to kindergarten or at work :)

Thanks!

The Restrap Rando Bag look very promising. I like the magnetic feature.

https://restrap.co.uk/products/rando-bag-large

But I also notice that he has moved the front light to the rack. So it may be a problem with the light if the bag is too large?

I also agree with you that the doctor has found some simple methods. Maybe I just try to find som good straps that will work well on the front rack.

You are welcome !

If the "Small" Rando bag fill your needs, you would not need to move the front light (because its height is 20 cm).

On browsing the restrap.co.uk website, I hope you were introduced to these nice pair of straps :

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my new Multicharger and trying to get my head around how to use the front rack.

A lot of other cargo bikes with a front rack have a bag or basket or something that fits the rack very well (like Benno Boost "Utility Front Tray Bag" ). But as far as I understand R&M don't offer any bag, basket or any other solution that fits the front rack.

So, How do you use the front rack? Is there any other products out there that fits the front rack from R&M?

The only thing I can thing of is that I will work very well for a sleeping pad, but I don't need a that when I bring the kids to kindergarten or at work :)
I use it with my GoPro! It’s actually very good for this.

If I were to use a bag, It would have to be instead of my handlebar bag. There’s a limit to how much I want up front.

And a sleeping bag is something I want tucked away in a waterproof pannier.

I carry my lunch in an insulated zipper bag in my Roadster front basket.

Back