Front forks(shocks)

fxr3

Ive taken so much from this forum, I'm happy to offer this fork tip. (Golf bag holder on back) front forks make all the difference. I've got them on st1 and st2, and they may not look as nice as OEM forks, but at 28mph, they are a necessity(imo). Along with body float, rides super smooth
Best thing is the "orphaned" 26" wheel has created a buyers market for forks. 100mm travel, 15mm axle, 1 1/8 tapered steerer tube(if steerer tube is cut from a new take-off, be sure it's long enough) these are rock shox reba's, but there are many other mfg's. Reba's have worked flawless for me and you can adjust rebound and, of course, sag. Also, remote lock-out, when you think you don't want suspension.
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask how you felt with the brakes? Any issues? I Have a 2016 STI platinum with the carbon fork and my wife has the limited addition STI Thanks Steve

Can I ask how you felt with the brakes? Any issues? I Have a 2016 STI platinum with the carbon fork and my wife has the limited addition STI Thanks Steve
Not sure what you are asking for sure…….. but fitment of calipers/ disc are universal- so no problem there.

Is there a range of fork travel that will work on a Stromer? You have 100mm but will other ranges work just as well? Specifically I'm asking about an ST1 Platinum 16.5 frame.

100 is no affect on rake/ trail. Never bottoms out for me. I don't think bicycle is as sensitive as motorcycle to geometry changes. But I wouldn't want to buy 150's and then bike not handle well. Of, course 50mm is less than a 1/4", so seems like even 150mm prolly wouldn't change geometry significantly. Imo.

100 is no affect on rake/ trail. Never bottoms out for me. I don't think bicycle is as sensitive as motorcycle to geometry changes. But I wouldn't want to buy 150's and then bike not handle well. Of, course 50mm is less than a 1/4", so seems like even 150mm prolly wouldn't change geometry significantly. Imo.
CORRECTION on my late night conversion…… 50mm is 2", not 1/4" and would likely adversely affect handling! 100mm works great, for sure!

Back