Frey CC

Iuse this product called rock and roll,its pink in colour ,about the viscocity of water .

All bike shops sell it ,its about 20 dollars NZ for a bottle.

I lube the chain after every ride.

The instructions say to irrigate the chain where it goes over the cassette ,turn the cranks a few turns ,then wipe off any excess,I use a paper towel .

Its done 1700 km now .

A bit worried about those growly bearings though.

i measured them and got replacements for $3.28c ,bit of drama in changing them though .

Will report when I get it done !!!!!!

If you are fussy you might like to clean the dirt of the cassette and the big sprocket at the front,I use a small paint brush and some kerosene or meths ,

You can get the paint brusheS for about 10 bucks at the WAREHOUSE FOR 10 OF THEM!!!!

I'm a fair weather rider and not often riding in wet conditions so rely on muc off c3 ceramic dry lube. Seems to be a good choice based on this video:

My routine is to fully clean the chain and drivetrain a about once a month with a degreaser and chain cleaner, let the chain dry, and re-lube. Otherwise I just wipe down the chain and jockey wheels once a week (or sooner if it looks like it needs it) and reapply a thin layer of lube in the evening so as to let it dry overnight before riding.
Thanks, TomD, Have ordered some Muc Off

Does any one know where i might get an exploded parts view of a Bafang Ultra electric motor .

Google has failed me !!!!!

Want to see parts and prices .

bafang seems like a secret society ,their catalogue is the hardest thing to negotiate.

Some retailers have a few spares ,but not much around..even on ali Baba

Perhaps they (Bafang) expect us to buy a new motor rather than fix the old one .........its a problem when they are so far away ,with out a dealer network or agent in New Zealand.

Iuse this product called rock and roll,its pink in colour ,about the viscocity of water .

All bike shops sell it ,its about 20 dollars NZ for a bottle.

I lube the chain after every ride.

The instructions say to irrigate the chain where it goes over the cassette ,turn the cranks a few turns ,then wipe off any excess,I use a paper towel .

Its done 1700 km now .

A bit worried about those growly bearings though.

i measured them and got replacements for $3.28c ,bit of drama in changing them though .

Will report when I get it done !!!!!!

If you are fussy you might like to clean the dirt of the cassette and the big sprocket at the front,I use a small paint brush and some kerosene or meths ,

You can get the paint brusheS for about 10 bucks at the WAREHOUSE FOR 10 OF THEM!!!!
Thanks Ruddleto, which growly bearings are you referring to

Remove left side cover ,its the smaller rear one 26mm dia,10mm shaft ,8 mm thick ,it was spinning in the housing which measured bigger than the od of the bearing.....the lekkie .tech designers loctited it back in to stop it spinning.

Have ordered 2 bearings identical to the ones in there ,in size any way ,will seek some engineering advice on sleeving or using over size bearings to take up the slack.

Ordered some stuff from Frey 6 days ago to use up the credit I had with them, including a drop down seat post. All arrived today. The cable for the post is very long, I take it it goes down the tube to the motor mount area then back up to the bars, can you confirm?

Ordered some stuff from Frey 6 days ago to use up the credit I had with them, including a drop down seat post. All arrived today. The cable for the post is very long, I take it it goes down the tube to the motor mount area then back up to the bars, can you confirm?
Mine was allready installed as well...

Tom probably knows.

Thanks, I'll try that first, it'll be very busy in the motor mount area so may have to remove fir tidy job. Keep you posted..
Also, the dropper post is longer than that supplied which gives a bit more height to min mark which will suit me..

Received my wifes CC on tues last week.. box had a big dent/tear in it. No damage on the inside... Took it for a ride today.. WOW I have to say how incredible of a ride it was... Smooth.. Unreal smooth.. you can actually pedal this thing without the motor helping and coast for an amazing amount of time. The bike is truly a work of art...

I didn't order a dropper. I'd ask Frey to advise since they install them. Probably going to need to remove battery lock and wiring plate above battery. Hopefully you can route without removing motor. Here's what it looks like with lock and plate removed.

I have a problem with my factory installed dropper post. The system works as it should with the post fully inserted in the frame; however, the cable that connects to the lever on the handlebars is jammed preventing the post itself from being raised for a new rider. I traced the cable and it runs through the motor housing and up the seat tube. I think it will be very difficult to fish a new one around the motor and up the seat tube if the clearances are so tight. My LBS says that the motor will have to be dropped to fix my problem but I'm going to continue to push and pull and see if I can release it. Hope that helps.

I have a problem with my factory installed dropper post. The system works as it should with the post fully inserted in the frame; however, the cable that connects to the lever on the handlebars is jammed preventing the post itself from being raised for a new rider. I traced the cable and it runs through the motor housing and up the seat tube. I think it will be very difficult to fish a new one around the motor and up the seat tube if the clearances are so tight. My LBS says that the motor will have to be dropped to fix my problem but I'm going to continue to push and pull and see if I can release it. Hope that helps.
Thanks, just about finished the outboard, so the bike will be next, projects project's. Keep you posted..

It isn't that hard to drop the motor, just pull 3 bolts. You'll actually be pulling the motor out (remove it with the bike upside down, otherwise will be next to impossible to put it back fighting gravity). Hopefully you can pull out the motor just enough to route the dropper cable while keeping all of the other wires in place to make it easier to put back. Its crowded in there and can be a challenge if you don't put the wires back the way they were.

Was able to put a few miles on my wife's new CC... Just totally impressed with everything about the bike.. Communication wasnt that great after the deposit but in the end the bike speaks for itself.
Just ordered 2 more for the stable.. All different colors so we can tell the kids apart..

Attachments

• IMG_4030.jpg
    IMG_4030.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 236
Turns out the dropper cable was pinched by the metal wire cover in the battery housing not by the motor. 10 minute fix. Good Luck
Boxing Day, ideal time to get the dropper post in. The 3 allenbolts holding the motor on are verrrry tight. 5mm Allen head, any tips?, don't want to break anything. Needs to be removed as cannot push the cable in tween motor and frame..

Boxing Day, ideal time to get the dropper post in. The 3 allenbolts holding the motor on are verrrry tight. 5mm Allen head, any tips?, don't want to break anything. Needs to be removed as cannot push the cable in tween motor and frame..
All good, thanks to YouTube, now just got yo get all the wires back in..

Back