Frey CC

Tom ,Frey meister !!!!!!

I have assembled a little tool kit with Allen keys ,Park tool 3 way ball driver and a cycle torque wrench..............I am setting off to pick it up soon.

Have had motor cycles for most of my life so have the basic tools.

I'm a menace with a spanner or socket set !!!!!!

Do the simple stuff myself but I go to a good local mechanic for any thing more complicated.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Pretty easy to assemble. Maybe an allen set and that was about it...

I honestly think you could do everything yourself, even the more complicated stuff. Before I got my CC I had never washed or lubed a chain, adjusted a derailleur, bled a hudraulic brake line, etc. It's all way easier than it seems and lots of youtube videos out there if you need a little help. I did call a mobile mechanic initially to bleed my brake line (after naively popping out a caliper) but when he couldn't do it I realized the brake seal had broken and needed be replaced, and wasn't my incompetence at repair.

lubing chains is in my vocabulary ..........My Suzuki 1250 fa has its original chain and sprockets after 100,000 km and nine years of ownership.

I have a much less complex ebike and clean and lube the chain every time I ride it ,makes that expensive stuff last longer !!!!!!!

A stitch in time saves nine as the old saying goes .

Keeping tyres at the correct pressure also pays off,in all sorts of ways.

I do have it booked in to a local cycle mechanic to check it over though.,but I'll put some kilometers on it first !!!!!

Assembled it in our drive way this afternoon .....pretty easy job as others have said ,put some anti seize on the front axle ,should have done it on the pedals as well but was in a hurry ......lol

I asked for throttle from zero ,and it does work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

put 45 pounds in each tire ......any one else running similar pressures ?

Suspension has air in it the front says 120lb ,the rear is considerably harder ,so left it alone ....I weigh 90 kg ,was 120 kg a few months ago ,serious diet and an hour a day ebike ride helped a lot.

Our 27 yo autistic boy helped me with the assembly and collection ,the fork lift guy put right in place for me in my small nissan van,electric also by the way.

Thanks to Matt.!!

Hes a lot taller than me and got to ride it down the drive and on to the road and turn around and come back............

Havent ridden it yet as I cant figure out how to lower the seat ,it has the dropper post option.

Can any one tell me how its done ?

Having a quiet g and t tonight to celebrate ,after 7 months wait>!!!!!!!!!

Assembled it in our drive way this afternoon .....pretty easy job as others have said ,put some anti seize on the front axle ,should have done it on the pedals as well but was in a hurry ......lol

I asked for throttle from zero ,and it does work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

put 45 pounds in each tire ......any one else running similar pressures ?

Suspension has air in it the front says 120lb ,the rear is considerably harder ,so left it alone ....I weigh 90 kg ,was 120 kg a few months ago ,serious diet and an hour a day ebike ride helped a lot.

Our 27 yo autistic boy helped me with the assembly and collection ,the fork lift guy put right in place for me in my small nissan van,electric also by the way.

Thanks to Matt.!!

Hes a lot taller than me and got to ride it down the drive and on to the road and turn around and come back............

Havent ridden it yet as I cant figure out how to lower the seat ,it has the dropper post option.

Can any one tell me how its done ?

Having a quiet g and t tonight to celebrate ,after 7 months wait>!!!!!!!!!
I asked for throttle from the start as well but no luck. I need to figure out how to use my cable and change the settings...

Test ride today ,the way it leaps forward when throttle is applied is amazing.......test ride 20 k this morning if the weather allows ,we've had several days of 120 k winds .fine days but temperature was12degees c ,plus the wind chill.

I asked for throttle from the start as well but no luck. I need to figure out how to use my cable and change the settings...
To get throttle from start you need a special file to flash the controller which Frey has to send to you,( you can't go back once you flash the controller it will stay throttle from start) reach out to member Brake034 on this forum he will help you obtain this file.

Well,just got back from 30 km of delight ,elapsed time 62 minutes,battery remaining 16%,yup I hammered it ,used all the modes and all the power assist levels and of course ,plenty of throttle.

Took the gravel and grass options when I could just for fun!!!!!!!!

Got to try a few more suspension pressure settings.....got the pump in the hand as we speak,

Its not intimidating at all,I cant understand why theres all the angst we have seen in the cycling press about various governments wanting to ban them etc.

In my opinion the power makes it easier to ride.

There ,thats my 2 cents worth .
Couldnt be more happier with it !!!!!!

If you are going to reprogram your motor for throttle from standstill you might as well throw FREY smooth tune settings in there as well. Should make the motor smoother and may extend range. 30km on a full charge is pretty bad, even with liberal use of throttle. Was one of my biggest complaints with the bike originally. I upgraded to the innotrace controller and much happier with range. Innotrace claims 30% improvement and that's pretty much what I saw. Also, in terms of throttle, that abrupt power delivery may be exhilirating but isn't so great for the drivetrain. When I upgraded my controller it came with restricted throttle and I really like that, especially from a stop as it blends in the power. While it's not the floor the accelerator feeling, it's much safer in addition to being easier on the drivetrain.

If you are going to reprogram your motor for throttle from standstill you might as well throw FREY smooth tune settings in there as well. Should make the motor smoother and may extend range. 30km on a full charge is pretty bad, even with liberal use of throttle. Was one of my biggest complaints with the bike originally. I upgraded to the innotrace controller and much happier with range. Innotrace claims 30% improvement and that's pretty much what I saw. Also, in terms of throttle, that abrupt power delivery may be exhilirating but isn't so great for the drivetrain. When I upgraded my controller it came with restricted throttle and I really like that, especially from a stop as it blends in the power. While it's not the floor the accelerator feeling, it's much safer in addition to being easier on the drivetrain.
I wanna be able to do a wheelie from a dead stop and that's what I asked for. (notice tongue in cheek) I am now kinda glad they didn't program it that way! A little pedaling and the PAS kicks in. It's still too heavy for me at 5"6", 160 lbs of former stud athlete- now a weakling but it's purdy!

PAS seems to kick in within a quarter turn so havent used the throttle in the lower gears ,bit reluctant to do it ,i wouldnt like buying new chains or cassettes or deraileur hangars !!!!!!!

Amazing machines though,

PAS seems to kick in within a quarter turn so havent used the throttle in the lower gears ,bit reluctant to do it ,i wouldnt like buying new chains or cassettes or deraileur hangars !!!!!!!

Amazing machines though,

Yeah, now that I have ridden Ebikes for awhile, I also don't want to snap a chain and am more aware of torque...

Just curious if any one has racked up a lot of miles or km on any frey bike version.

Say 5000km or more ?

What goes wrong ,tyre wear etc ,motor life .chains .brake pads etc.

put 150 Lb in the rear shock front is 120,front feels soft to me ,rear feels quite hard

Hey Tom ,we just have to charge our batteries a bit more ,I'm sure this (range ) will get better with more careful use of pas and throttle .

Was just having an extreme hoon!!!!.........just for a laugh .............

One thing that doesnt show u on you tube videos or photographs is the standard of finish ....the paint work is superb ,its almost a travesty to get it covered with mud like I did this morning.............

I have some flexible clear vinyl which I am going to put on wear points to stop the paint getting scratched up ,top of the swing arm will be first ....the swing arm bolt was quite loose ,I went over all of the fasteners during assembly.

Another nice touch was that the charger had a New Zealand 3 pin plug on it ..........attention to detail.

tHis mornings effort was 23km in 75 minutes using much less throttle,and quite a lot of PAS ,had 77%left when I got home.pedalled a lot more though!!!!!!!!

My 69 yo legs really felt it .

It should do something like 90 km(55 miles in English) on the above basis ,on a battery charge.

OK by me.

It should do something like 90 km(55 miles in English) on the above basis ,on a battery charge.

Actually, we prefer to measure in terms of large appliances.

Screenshot_20210910-165758.png

thats too hard we only have 10 fingers so metric system suits us........................you must be an engineer!!!!!!....lol

Back