Frey CC

Thank you thats nice of you! i hear the new update "tool" helps the torque sensing quite a bit on the m600. In addition rumor has it that it will also allow the m600 to go to 11. 😋

The Luna X1 still meets my needs so not planning to sell but you can drop by if you want to test ride (I'm in Issaquah). Just drop me a direct mesage.
not planning to sell? I guess it is time for an offer you can't refuse.

Joking aside, I really like x1 good components/power at a very good price. I am just a bit worried about the carbon frame, how is it holding up? Any quality issues ?

I noticed today on my ride with CC, I couldn't get into the highest gear (11th or 12th whatever it is) unless I switched over to Turbo and 5 PAS. Boy then it goes like H***!!

Probably need to adjust your derailler. Not the best for your chain or drivetrain to use PAS when shifting gears. That's why there's an (optional) shift sensor. Can't imagine that will end well using Turbo 5 to shift. :p

Probably need to adjust your derailler. Not the best for your chain or drivetrain to use PAS when shifting gears. That's why there's an (optional) shift sensor. Can't imagine that will end well using Turbo 5 to shift. :p
And I have the shift sensor installed. Now I just need to find the video on how to adjust my derailler!

Tried the barrel adjustment by the shifter and still no high gear.

Attachments

• 20210610_182808.jpg
    20210610_182808.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 176
Yeah, I loosened and tightened and now I'm stuck in 5th or 6th and cant shift either way. The boy is comin over later today to help me out...

Yeah, I loosened and tightened and now I'm stuck in 5th or 6th and cant shift either way. The boy is comin over later today to help me out...
It's not hard and you probably only needed to loosen a quarter turn or so.
It's the type of adjustment that you do in small increments.
If you're feeling froggy.. Watch the video and pause while you follow along.

It's not hard and you probably only needed to loosen a quarter turn or so.
It's the type of adjustment that you do in small increments.
If you're feeling froggy.. Watch the video and pause while you follow along.
I turned em both clock and counter and now Im stuck. Im having him bring the bikestand. I was turning, then riding. Then stopping and loosening etc. No good. I should have bought 2 stands!

I turned em both clock and counter and now Im stuck. Im having him bring the bikestand. I was turning, then riding. Then stopping and loosening etc. No good. I should have bought 2 stands!
The boy came over today and we flipped CC over and used the Handlebar Jack stands to adjust the brakes. (PITA) I almost lost the CC into the Porsche but was able to hang on. Removed the battery and with my sons help, was able to wrestle it to the ground. I am buying another bike stand stat! Anyway, after loosening and tightening the limit screws and fiddling with the barrel adjustments, I now have 11th gear. The bad news-I no longer have 1st gear, (which I have never used) It may be time for an LBS drop off. The CC feels like it weighs 150 lbs!

Same problem, other screw.
Turn the Low Limit Screw and ONLY the Low Limit Screw 1/4 turn counter clockwise. It's a good idea to view the derailleur from the rear as you do this as you will see it move outward and this gives you an idea of what you are actually adjusting.
If just making this adjustment you might be able to lean the back tire off the ground onto the kick stand and spin the crank instead of putting it the stand or flipping it over.

The boy came over today and we flipped CC over and used the Handlebar Jack stands to adjust the brakes. (PITA) I almost lost the CC into the Porsche but was able to hang on. Removed the battery and with my sons help, was able to wrestle it to the ground. I am buying another bike stand stat! Anyway, after loosening and tightening the limit screws and fiddling with the barrel adjustments, I now have 11th gear. The bad news-I no longer have 1st gear, (which I have never used) It may be time for an LBS drop off. The CC feels like it weighs 150 lbs!

Definitely get a good stand, it is hard to do the adjustment without a stand. As has been suggested you have to loosen (turn counterclockwise) the the low limit screw. It is a similar problem.
At this point you may do the adjustment from the beginning. You can follow this guide, it does a good job.

Just received my completed bike photo ,prior to boxing up for shipment .

5 months exactly from order date at the end of January 2021 .

Very pleased to see it ,

It will take a month to ship to New Zealand.

Last edited:
Congrats! Hey does anyone know the actual weight of these Frey CC bikes? I own one but dont have that type of measuring device. Thanks
I think I can recall a figure of 32 kg ,cant find it in any of the online info ,including the Frey published specs .

Multiply that figure by 2.2 to get it in to pounds weight .......about 70lbs by my calculations!!!!!!

So, Dec 30 I ordered my CC, usd was good for NZ and so the process began. Paid upfront including shipping, by air. Was given a time line by Cecelia who was very good, for March/April from memory. Kept up to date including build time and ready for shipping. Agreed to extend because of shipping delays. In the end agreed to freight to NZ by ship, organised a Customs Agent for paperwork etc and waited it out. Advised by agent the bike had arrived in NZ Auck, and was then transported under bond to ChCh. As it happened I was in ChCh and agent arranged payment online and I was able to pick up from Logistics outfit on 30July. Got the bike home in Marlborough and put her together. Really impressed, has a small scark in the paintwork but I can live with that. I reset the brake levers front to the rhs etc and tidied up the cabling etc. Goes really well, and getting head around the thing.
Frey have agreed to a 600usd refund for the change in shipping. Ian to apply for this via Alibaba. Many attempts have failed so far. Because of the delays etc, the Assured system closed down and I am not able to contact anyone directly at Alibaba. Still trying...

Back