Frey CC

I own a CC and I don't know if Frey would program the controller as per a buyer's request. Even if they do, I would not recommend you do that unless you had already ridden a CC and know exactly what you want. The reason is that there are a large number of parameters that can be tuned. You can find some high-level description of those parameters but an in-depth documentation is really lacking. In the end, it comes down to a lot trials and errors until you find something that better match your liking and your riding style. I have been using the EggRider V2 to tune the motor parameters as I find it very easy and convenient to access everything from your cell phone. I have tried a few combinations and the best I found to my liking are loosely based on that YouTube video:
. However, what fits me better may not be right for someone else. I have heard lots of very good review of the Archon X1 controller and I am planning to switch to that in a near future. Enjoy your CC; it is a great bike!!
Dear CC owners, Is the advertised weight of 73 lbs with the battery in the bike?

Thank you Tom. If you don’t mind, I have another question. My previous ebikes have had commonly used battery pack designs. Frey does not have a 21ah version so I am sure I will want a second pack. Question...Is the CC pack a “one off” design specific to Frey? Do you have thoughts about US rebuild sites for your battery. You are obviously a frequent, high mileage user.
Thanks,
Jon from Daytona Beach
I currently ride the BIKTRIX Juggernaut HD and my wife’s Stunner step thru. I’m finding it difficult to get on the “Jugg”. The CC is currently the only Full Suspension, Step Thru, Bafang Ultra that I am aware off. Even if it is 25.5 inch stand over. I can deal with that. Your input has been very informative and helpful.

The battery is made by a third party so Frey isn't your only option, but not as if you will just be able to buy a spare from anyone. If you need more range I would invest in the aftermarket controller before I'd invest in a second pack. If you need more range than the aftermarket controller provides I'm not sure the CC is your best option. There is no easy way to carry a spare other than throwing it on the rear rack which will handicap the rear suspension with additional unsprung weight.

As far as step thru, I had someone drop by a few months ago to test ride my CC . They still had problems getting their leg over the step thru. I'd advise test riding if you can find someone with a CC nearby before you make the plunge.

The battery is made by a third party so Frey isn't your only option, but not as if you will just be able to buy a spare from anyone. If you need more range I would invest in the aftermarket controller before I'd invest in a second pack. If you need more range than the aftermarket controller provides I'm not sure the CC is your best option. There is no easy way to carry a spare other than throwing it on the rear rack which will handicap the rear suspension with additional unsprung weight.

As far as step thru, I had someone drop by a few months ago to test ride my CC . They still had problems getting their leg over the step thru. I'd advise test riding if you can find someone with a CC nearby before you make the plunge.
Thanks

Thank you for your response. You probably have researched this and I think it would be valuable to know. I ask because shipping from Frey or any retail provider in China takes awhile. If my current battery BMS goes crazy and I need a replacement pack I can find a battery almost anywhere. Do you know who the third party supplier is? Can you get a battery from them? That would be great information to know and put my mind at ease. Someone in this thread described getting a bike but not a battery. Peddling these bikes is not an option for me. Just looking to have a good recovery plan.
Thanks shsin

Just heard from Cecelia , she said that the promised delivery date will be the same as they promised ie 3 months plus one month for delivery.

Will update as things progress.

I asked for them to do it at the build and they agreed. Hope it shows up that way. Actually, I just hope it shows up!
I asked them for throttle form zero and ordered just before you. Shortly before the arrival of my bike I received an email informing me that a cable was with my bike and I could email them for the file. Computers were not a big part of the world I grew up in. One reason I asked them to program this. That was a big let down for me. Hope they do it for you.

Thank you Tom. If you don’t mind, I have another question. My previous ebikes have had commonly used battery pack designs. Frey does not have a 21ah version so I am sure I will want a second pack. Question...Is the CC pack a “one off” design specific to Frey? Do you have thoughts about US rebuild sites for your battery. You are obviously a frequent, high mileage user.
Thanks,
Jon from Daytona Beach
I currently ride the BIKTRIX Juggernaut HD and my wife’s Stunner step thru. I’m finding it difficult to get on the “Jugg”. The CC is currently the only Full Suspension, Step Thru, Bafang Ultra that I am aware off. Even if it is 25.5 inch stand over. I can deal with that. Your input has been very informative and helpful.
Get the internally routed dropper post. 80 bucks is a steal installed. the seat goes low enough that mount/dismount is a breeze. I got the bike for the step thru. Iam short and not very flexible any more. That 25.5 inches is not quite as easy as I thought it would be, but no issue since the dropper has made mounting the bike so easy.

First ride yesterday. Stopped at a 4 way. Go to use the throttle and also had not downshifted to a lower gear. s*it, no throttle and not geared decently for a pull away. Was thinking maybe I will try the walk mode to get it moving and then try the throttle. I may have to initiate a pedal stroke to use the throttle. I don't know. But I don't feel so bad about no throttle from zero. Walk mode initiation/ slight pedal stroke/throttle. always downshift to the grannies prior to a stop.. I do not like that the shifter is not labeled. I cannot keep track of what gear I am in.

First ride yesterday. Stopped at a 4 way. Go to use the throttle and also had not downshifted to a lower gear. s*it, no throttle and not geared decently for a pull away. Was thinking maybe I will try the walk mode to get it moving and then try the throttle. I may have to initiate a pedal stroke to use the throttle. I don't know. But I don't feel so bad about no throttle from zero. Walk mode initiation/ slight pedal stroke/throttle. always downshift to the grannies prior to a stop.. I do not like that the shifter is not labeled. I cannot keep track of what gear I am in.
Like anything you learn in notime it will become second nature to you,
Just concentrate on it.
Then suddenly you will realize you are doing it without thinking. 👍

Get the internally routed dropper post. 80 bucks is a steal installed. the seat goes low enough that mount/dismount is a breeze. I got the bike for the step thru. Iam short and not very flexible any more. That 25.5 inches is not quite as easy as I thought it would be, but no issue since the dropper has made mounting the bike so easy.
I paid for the dropper on my CC. Being vertically challenged, I'm hoping it makes it easier to mount and dismount...

On my first ride there was front wheel noise that sounds like it might be brake related. After applying the brake the noise would go away for several seconds and then return. what size bolt heads are in the Magura MT5? 4mm hex key too large and 3mm is too small. do they make a 3.5MM? If so, why such a bastard size?

On my first ride there was front wheel noise that sounds like it might be brake related. After applying the brake the noise would go away for several seconds and then return. what size bolt heads are in the Magura MT5? 4mm hex key too large and 3mm is too small. do they make a 3.5MM? If so, why such a bastard size?
My metric set does indeed include a 3.5mm wrench. It's a standard size.

Lowes and Home Depot neither have that size. It is not a standard size. It does come in some kits. But many kits do not have it.

Lowes and Home Depot neither have that size. It is not a standard size. It does come in some kits. But many kits do not have it.
My set is made by REXBET and I think I got it off Amazon. Includes the 3.5. A companion set of SAE wrenches includes a 9/64 which looks to be the same as 3.5mm but I can't find a bolt to test this to make sure. I checked some other sets I have and you are right. Not all have 3.5mm.

Having an issue with my CC. When I engage the throttle in the highest gear and PAS 5 setting, and I start to pedal the chain seems to be "skipping" gears for lack of a better word. It makes a sound like it isn't fully in gear then catches on. Was wondering what might be causing this, it's only been the 5th time I took it out but I did reprogram the controller to have more torque regardless of which PAS mode I'm in, I've never crashed the bike either or damaged the components, could it be an alignment issue with the chain?

Having an issue with my CC. When I engage the throttle in the highest gear and PAS 5 setting, and I start to pedal the chain seems to be "skipping" gears for lack of a better word. It makes a sound like it isn't fully in gear then catches on. Was wondering what might be causing this, it's only been the 5th time I took it out but I did reprogram the controller to have more torque regardless of which PAS mode I'm in, I've never crashed the bike either or damaged the components, could it be an alignment issue with the chain?

Maybe you chain is a bit stiff. Could need some lube. IDK

Back