Frey CC

My 2 CC’s finally arrived. Just under five months. Went for a nice leisurely trail ride and was very happy with the performance. The motor is louder than I thought but it certainly is fun to ride. battery doesn’t last as long as I would’ve liked however I have my nephew riding a 250 W hub motor 425ah battery Raleigh and I used approximately 75% of my battery while he used less than 50% granted he is younger and stronger and I did use the throttle.
I see you got one in Cream, what color is #2?

I asked for them to do it at the build and they agreed. Hope it shows up that way. Actually, I just hope it shows up!
Yes. Frey will do it at the build upon request and the bike WILL show up it just requires a lot of patience at least 4 months worth.

It was recently reported a 5 month wait. Still not bad. Someone mentioned starting in a higher gear to get more pedal resistance. This is not a hub motor. You start in lower gears and shift just like you would if you were on an unpowered bike. the motor runs more efficiently at higher rpms (Higher cadence)

Lower gear to start for sure, but in my experience to date, starting off in 5th gear (of 9) on level hard pack or pavement is fine unless you're in a really big hurry. Wide open starts should be lower, but if just riding casually, I haven't seen the need. Too, I'm generally helping a bit once the bike gets moving.

it cannot be changed in the controller setup Frey has to send you a program that flash the controller to get start from stop with the throttle
Can you direct me to this information please?

I'd like to see where they are coming from. Are they just trying to keep consumers out of the controller setup? Maybe attempting to save support the time to direct the average consumer through the steps required to make the necessary changes? You're aware that the entire controller setup, anyone's entire setup, is available in the form of a single file? -Al

I'd like to see where they are coming from. Are they just trying to keep consumers out of the controller setup? Maybe attempting to save support the time to direct the average consumer through the steps required to make the necessary changes? You're aware that the entire controller setup, anyone's entire setup, is available in the form of a single file? -Al
This guy can show you how to fix it if Frey cant:

This guy can show you how to fix it if Frey cant:

That's my thought, that this change may not need to come from Frey themselves. That's why I was asking tedacura1 for more info, as it would appear he doesn't agree. -Al

when I received my Frey CC July 2020 there were no start from stop and there was no settings to activate this ..Marcel Van Brakel a Frey Rep and also a member of this Forum informed me that a special file was needed to flash the controller to activate start from stop and that once it was sent to the individual that file could not be shared, I received the file from him, flashed my controller and got start from stop on my CC I have since upgraded my motor with the Archon X1 controller from Wattwagons.

Thanks Tedacura. There are several guys sharing files like that to change quite a few parameters within the conrtroller setup all at once by "re flashing". You can use that process to make changes, OR, you can go in and change a parameter or 2, then save, and give it a try.

Of course the Archon controller plays by a different set of rules. I don't have one so no knowledge of the specifics there. -Al

when I received my Frey CC July 2020 there were no start from stop and there was no settings to activate this ..Marcel Van Brakel a Frey Rep and also a member of this Forum informed me that a special file was needed to flash the controller to activate start from stop and that once it was sent to the individual that file could not be shared, I received the file from him, flashed my controller and got start from stop on my CC I have since upgraded my motor with the Archon X1 controller from Wattwagons.
I have a Hydra on order. Pushkar assures me I get one out of the very next batch. What watt setting for your Ultra did you choose if you don't mind my asking?

I got the complete motor 2300W so I have my original motor as a spare
Thanks for getting back to me. How do you find the power delivery? I'm somewhat leery of all that wattage. Although I went with the same as you, unless I change my mind before the build it. I just got my Ultra motor rebadged Frey bike, 1000 watt 1500 peak, and it's a beast. No problems and I'm a careful rider who shifts a lot. No rambunctiousness but for occasionally powering up hill in appropriate gears. Are you satisfied with the 2300 watt version and what cautions might you clue me into, if any? 👍

Thanks for getting back to me. How do you find the power delivery? I'm somewhat leery of all that wattage. Although I went with the same as you, unless I change my mind before the build it. I just got my Ultra motor rebadged Frey bike, 1000 watt 1500 peak, and it's a beast. No problems and I'm a careful rider who shifts a lot. No rambunctiousness but for occasionally powering up hill in appropriate gears. Are you satisfied with the 2300 watt version and what cautions might you clue me into, if any? 👍
well here's the deal.. I installed the motor Dec 5 on my CC took it for a ride and was super impressed with the smoothness of the bike, really felt like a different bike, didn't get to ride the next day because of prior commitments went to work on the 7th tripped and fell down a flight of stairs tore my right shoulder rotator cuff in two places been receiving therapy but seem I will have to have surgery so I haven't been able to ride my bike. The only thing I can really comment on is the smoothness of the bike at the present moment. Member @TomD would be able to give you all the info you need on the Archon X1 2300w motor

Last edited:
well here's the deal.. I installed the motor Dec 5 on my CC took it for a ride and was super impressed with the smoothness of the bike, really felt like a different bike, didn't get to ride the next day because of prior commitments went to work on the 7th tripped and fell down a flight of stairs tore my right shoulder rotator cuff in two places been receiving therapy but seem I will have to have surgery so I haven't been able to ride my bike. The only thing I can really comment on is the smoothness of the bike at the present moment. Member @TomD would be able to give you all the info you need on the Archon X1 2300w motor
Thank you. Sorry to hear of your injury. Hope all goes well with the surgery. They're pretty good with that procedure these days. I've had two friends have the procedure and they came back 100%. I've read most of Tom's report on the motor but was hoping to get another perspective. Oh well. Good luck.

It arrived today! Yea! One question these spacers that are on the front wheel protector do they go on the axel between the fork and wheel or are they discarded?
8A4A0155.jpg
63095702411__7A2930E6-48E7-4CEE-B694-08B84E7BBBC2.JPG

Obvious once you put them on, thanks I'll try not to ask anymore stupid questions.

Obvious once you put them on, thanks I'll try not to ask anymore stupid questions.
Not a stupid question at all. The deal with those spacers sticking to the plastic dish protectors has come up on at least three posts I know of and one you tube video. I recently brought it up on my thread dealing with the unboxing of my rebadged Frey AM 1000. I would have had no clue if I had not seen the posts by others pointing out the problem of the spacers often coming off with the plastic dish thingies. :)

I don’t recall seeing anything like this I better pull off my front wheel and check to see if I missed them

Back