Frey CC

You will get either Sport or ECO torque sensing. I can't recall which recipe you get, but it's the one you can program via USB cable (or eggrider). The other recipe is hard coded and won't be available. No big loss, as neither recipe is ideal and you will want to tune it assuming you aren't upgrading the controller. If I was investing any money on upgrades that is the first thing I would look at, and I would make sure whatever display you buy is compatible. I am pretty sure you can use the 750C with the aftermarket controller, but you might want to confirm. You need a specific display or dongle if you want to program the aftermarket controller, but just for display purposes I think anything compatible with the stock controller will work with the aftermarket controller.

Good News. My weight is nearly over. The 2 Frey CC’s we ordered have been collected by FedEx and are less than 100 miles away.
hopefully they made it through undamaged. Now when it gets here I will be upgrading the motor with X 1 controller supplied by Pushkar at Watt Wagons
‘Gary

Good News. My weight is nearly over. The 2 Frey CC’s we ordered have been collected by FedEx and are less than 100 miles away.
hopefully they made it through undamaged. Now when it gets here I will be upgrading the motor with X 1 controller supplied by Pushkar at Watt Wagons
‘Gary

Do you need both?

Having an issue with the CC's throttle. Charged the battery, set mode to sport, PAS 1 to test, pushed the throttle nothing happens.... am I missing something?

Having an issue with the CC's throttle. Charged the battery, set mode to sport, PAS 1 to test, pushed the throttle nothing happens.... am I missing something?
May be a programming issue. Probably best to contact Frey...

Hope so. Hate to wait 4 months set everything up only to find out it's something more serious. Thanks!
I know when I ordered mine a couple of months ago, I had to ask to have them program the throttle so it came on right away. (awaiting a delivery next year) If I recall correctly, stock programming restricts the throttle in some way.

Last edited:
‘Gary
Well, are we gunna see pictures?

I know when I ordered mine a couple of months ago, I had to ask to have them program the throttle so it came on right away. (awaiting a delivery next year) If I recall correctly, stock programming restricts the throttle in some way.

If it comes the way mine did (Rize Pro RX) there's no throttle in PAS 0. Everywhere else it should work.
Have you tried other Modes/PAS levels? Throttle is plugged in fully w/no bent pins? Is this a throttle issue only/does the pedal assist work?

If it comes the way mine did (Rize Pro RX) there's no throttle in PAS 0. Everywhere else it should work.

Have you tried other Modes/PAS levels? Throttle is plugged in fully w/no bent pins? Is this a throttle issue only/does the pedal assist work?
Yes, tried different PAS levels, unplugged and replugged the pins with (seeminly) no bent pins. Altough I'm wondering if one of the pins may have been plugged wrong. Just hope I won't have to open up the motor and try to fix some wiring issue with controller... just extremely disappointing.

Yes, tried different PAS levels, unplugged and replugged the pins with (seeminly) no bent pins. Altough I'm wondering if one of the pins may have been plugged wrong. Just hope I won't have to open up the motor and try to fix some wiring issue with controller... just extremely disappointing.
I think you need 3 pins standing.

Have you tried pedaling yet? The stock programming from FREY disables throttle unless you are moving. I much prefer it this way for safety as I rarely use throttle. You can always reprogram it if you want to remove the safety restriction. If your throttle was working and all of a sudden it stopped working then it would be something more serious. My throttle died a few months in (short in wiring). Bafang sent me a new harness but I never installed it as I was able to pinch the wires in a way to fix the short. But I doubt this is your problem.

Here is another link that might help with programming the Bafang middrive
Terry, if you eliminate that hashtag and everything after it in your link, the link will take you directly to the top of the article, which is a good one.

I would add that although the Terry's linked software and the notes are regarding the BBSxx series motors, they'll work fine on an Ultra. The 4th page that gets into the Ultra's torque sensing though, is missing. To get the software that includes the torque sensing page, you need this:

-Al

Thanks, I was able to connect and program the controller and tweak, walk mode also works and I see the motor works but seems throttle and PAS doesn't. I've unplugged the wires and checked the pins to make sure they're not damaged or bent, took videos and sent to Frey for reference. Will update once I hear back.

Update:

Good morning. Don't worry.

This is a normal situation, this is a non-zero start.

the throttle works after you rotate the wheel. --- non-zero start.

Our current motors are all set to non-zero start.

In order to prevent some people from being hurt by the throttle.

--------------------------------------

Last edited:
My 2 CC’s finally arrived. Just under five months. Went for a nice leisurely trail ride and was very happy with the performance. The motor is louder than I thought but it certainly is fun to ride. battery doesn’t last as long as I would’ve liked however I have my nephew riding a 250 W hub motor 425ah battery Raleigh and I used approximately 75% of my battery while he used less than 50% granted he is younger and stronger and I did use the throttle.

Attachments

• F36ACF91-2F78-4A2C-BD95-36495C1850BC.jpeg
    F36ACF91-2F78-4A2C-BD95-36495C1850BC.jpeg
    583.5 KB · Views: 274
  • BB820B06-A844-49F8-B145-05575DF2F750.jpeg
    BB820B06-A844-49F8-B145-05575DF2F750.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 274
  • AA212230-6343-46B0-95F1-BCE3A49B0664.jpeg
    AA212230-6343-46B0-95F1-BCE3A49B0664.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 272
Thanks, I was able to connect and program the controller and tweak, walk mode also works and I see the motor works but seems throttle and PAS doesn't. I've unplugged the wires and checked the pins to make sure they're not damaged or bent, took videos and sent to Frey for reference. Will update once I hear back.

Update:

Good morning. Don't worry.

This is a normal situation, this is a non-zero start.

the throttle works after you rotate the wheel. --- non-zero start.

Our current motors are all set to non-zero start.

In order to prevent some people from being hurt by the throttle.

--------------------------------------

One other thing I noticed on the CC was, when I walk the bike back backwards there's a sound emanating from the chain (like a soft clicking sound), rolling forward is fine. Was wondering if this was normal?

The (kinda heavy) clicking while rolling the bike backward is normal. It's the clutch dogs in the motor drive.

On that non-zero start, they make a good point from a safety aspect. It's VERY easy to do something that will cause the bike to surge ahead unexpectedly while climbing aboard. Been there a couple of times right after receiving mine! That'll put some excitement into your life! What I learned though, is to make darn sure the bike is turned off, or have a handful of brake when boarding.

I would find and change that "non-zero start" setting. It totally defeats my primary reason for having a throttle. Mine is used to get the bike rolling, and is rarely used from there. Holler if you need a hand. I'll dive in and see if I can find it if you can't.

And last, 2 things really. First, rider weight can have a BIG impact on range. My wife is able to get nearly twice the range I was able to get on my old bike - but I weigh more than twice what she weighs easily. Also, speaking for myself, it took me quite a few miles to teach myself how to ride the bike efficiently. Not talking a hundred miles either. I'll bet I was a good 400 miles on my first bike, which was a cadence sensing hub drive. I'm at about 250 miles with the new Ultra equipped bike, and STILL getting used to it.... -Al

My 2 CC’s finally arrived. Just under five months. Went for a nice leisurely trail ride and was very happy with the performance. The motor is louder than I thought but it certainly is fun to ride. battery doesn’t last as long as I would’ve liked however I have my nephew riding a 250 W hub motor 425ah battery Raleigh and I used approximately 75% of my battery while he used less than 50% granted he is younger and stronger and I did use the throttle.
I just got my Frey built Ultra motored bike and have been riding it around a bit. Using the throttle some and taking the bike up to 30mph both peddling and throttle alone. I just do not experience anything approaching significant 'noise' out of this motor. I would describe it as a pleasant if a bit higher pitched 'purr' and nothing irritating at all. No so-called 'jerkiness' to the power delivery either. I find the acceleration and pull to be simply perfect. More power than I could every fully need. Maybe Bafang has been doing some tweaking with their controller. Please excuse the highjack. :)

Have you tried pedaling yet? The stock programming from FREY disables throttle unless you are moving. I much prefer it this way for safety as I rarely use throttle. You can always reprogram it if you want to remove the safety restriction. If your throttle was working and all of a sudden it stopped working then it would be something more serious. My throttle died a few months in (short in wiring). Bafang sent me a new harness but I never installed it as I was able to pinch the wires in a way to fix the short. But I doubt this is your problem.
I had forgotten about 'no throttle from stop' when I first rode my new bike. Was all flustered about it for a bit and then when riding for the first trial ... wow. One half turn of the crank and there was fun fantastic throttle in spades! I would never change this configuration now. And if you do change it you really need to down shift when you come to a stop. Really really. Plus you might want to practice up on your wheelie skills. :oops:;)

Sorry Tom, don't know how I missed the thread but you were spot on it engaged once the bike was in motion! I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was that it was that simple. It's not a bad security feature since the accidental throttle had happened to me already in the past. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Back