Freewheel for Moscow+

Bitmugger

Region
Canada
Can anyone point me to some products on Amazon (or aliexpress, ebay, etc) to replace the freewheel on a Moscow+? I see lots of products when I search for "Freewheel 8-speed,11-32T" but when I look at the pictures/description they seem to be cassettes not freewheels. My son just wants to replace his and is looking for a direct replacement stock part or something inexpensive that is an equivalent.

Just knowing the part # is fantastic. We did see Amegoev has it and truthfully it's going to be put on an Amego Elevate not a Moscow+ but they are the same bike so was easier to use that name. We are hoping to beat the Amegoev price mainly because shipping is like $21.

Also we did try Leon Cycles but they said they aren't selling them as they don't have enough to spare. Go figure? I just assumed they'd order more lol.

Last edited:
Just knowing the part # is fantastic. We did see Amegoev has it and truthfully it's going to be put on an Amego Elevate not a Moscow+ but they are the same bike so was easier to use that name. We are hoping to beat the Amegoev price mainly because shipping is like $21.

Also we did try Leon Cycles but they said they aren't selling them as they don't have enough to spare. Go figure? I just assumed they'd order more lol.
I think the cheapest I found for me was Kogan (https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/leon-c...plus-milano-plus-miami-aspen-plus-1226000009/). I know that they do ship internationally but I am not sure of the costs etc.

I think the cheapest I found for me was Kogan (https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/leon-c...plus-milano-plus-miami-aspen-plus-1226000009/). I know that they do ship internationally but I am not sure of the costs etc.

Thanks. My son did find one off ebay for $26cdn and has ordered it. We can see it's for sure a freewheel 11t-32t 8 speed and it's threaded. We hope that means it'll fit, lol.

That one you sent a link to will be something we chase next if this ebay one is a flop. If his ebay purchase is a good fit though I think I'll order 1 or 2 more and have then on hand as they are probably going to be more difficult to find over the years.

I guess next question is. What freewheel removal tool do we need? Lol. Our current plan is to try making a tool but if it's not easy to make (we can 3D print and do some limited metal working) then we'll go to a bike shop we know and pay them $5 to borrow a tool for a few minutes. BUT I'd buy the tool if it's inexpensive.

Last edited:
Thanks. My son did find one off ebay for $26cdn and has ordered it. We can see it's for sure a freewheel 11t-32t 8 speed and it's threaded. We hope that means it'll fit, lol.

That one you sent a link to will be something we chase next if this ebay one is a flop. If his ebay purchase is a good fit though I think I'll order 1 or 2 more and have then on hand as they are probably going to be more difficult to find over the years.

I guess next question is. What freewheel removal tool do we need? Lol. Our current plan is to try making a tool but if it's not easy to make (we can 3D print and do some limited metal working) then we'll go to a bike shop we know and pay them $5 to borrow a tool for a few minutes. BUT I'd buy the tool if it's inexpensive.
I can't remember whether mine is an actual Park Tool one but you need a Shimano freewheel removal tool like the Park Tool FR1.3 https://www.parktool.com/product/freewheel-remover-fr-1-3

Our freewheel arrived and works great but due to not paying attention we ordered a 13-32t 8 speed not a 11-32t. We might order a 11-32t.
Does this ebay listing(s) appear to everyone to be a threaded freewheel (vs a cassette style), it sure looks it to me but I don't want to be a bone head.

I've contacted both vendors but they didn't reply with a definitive answer.

Did you figure out/obtain the correct 11-32 freewheel for the 8-speed Moscow? If so, could you possibly give me the link to one that worked for you. Also how did you handle the tool requirement? Any guidance welcome.

Did you figure out/obtain the correct 11-32 freewheel for the 8-speed Moscow? If so, could you possibly give me the link to one that worked for you. Also how did you handle the tool requirement? Any guidance welcome.

Hey Fred

Yes/no. Lol.

Here's the link to the Freewheel I ordered (don't order it)

It was listed at the time as an 11T-32T threaded freewheel but what arrived was a 13t-32t threaded freewheel. Fought with them for ages and they essentially screwed me over and wouldn't do a return on it, long story but thanks to a little clever trick they pulled they left me on an ebay screen with no options to do anything except enter a tracking # for the return or cancel the return but they wouldn't provide a valid shipping label for me to proceed to get the tracking #. I believe they were well aware if they agree to the return and get me through to a specific step then abandon me I'd be stuck.

That 13t-32t freewheel is the one my son uses and after about 2000km it's probably in need of replacement so the quality isn't there either and the 13 tooth high gear is too slow vs the 11 tooth.

Here's the one we SHOULD have ordered. It's a threaded freewheel 11-34.

My link is to the Canadian Amazon but the US one will have it as well.

There's TON's of listings on eBay and Amazon that look correct but until you can inspect the picture and confirm it's a real threaded freewheel not a cassette don't order them. Many add the keyword threaded and freewheel when really they are selling a cassette.

Also tool wise. We ended up ordering the Park tool from mec.ca

We tried 2 different cheapy ones from Amazon and both stripped instantly and were just garbage metal. Mec.ca had the real tool for the same price, should have gone there first.

Hey Fred

Yes/no. Lol.

Here's the link to the Freewheel I ordered (don't order it)

It was listed at the time as an 11T-32T threaded freewheel but what arrived was a 13t-32t threaded freewheel. Fought with them for ages and they essentially screwed me over and wouldn't do a return on it, long story but thanks to a little clever trick they pulled they left me on an ebay screen with no options to do anything except enter a tracking # for the return or cancel the return but they wouldn't provide a valid shipping label for me to proceed to get the tracking #. I believe they were well aware if they agree to the return and get me through to a specific step then abandon me I'd be stuck.

That 13t-32t freewheel is the one my son uses and after about 2000km it's probably in need of replacement so the quality isn't there either and the 13 tooth high gear is too slow vs the 11 tooth.

Here's the one we SHOULD have ordered. It's a threaded freewheel 11-34.

My link is to the Canadian Amazon but the US one will have it as well.

There's TON's of listings on eBay and Amazon that look correct but until you can inspect the picture and confirm it's a real threaded freewheel not a cassette don't order them. Many add the keyword threaded and freewheel when really they are selling a cassette.

Also tool wise. We ended up ordering the Park tool from mec.ca

We tried 2 different cheapy ones from Amazon and both stripped instantly and were just garbage metal. Mec.ca had the real tool for the same price, should have gone there first.
Thanks...I just ordered the tool from MEC as well. I inherited an Amego Infinite+ (basically a Milano+) that has a problem with the Freewheel. I'll take it off and see if it can be repaired (using guidance from University of Youtube) and if not, will get the new one you pointed to.

Thanks...I just ordered the tool from MEC as well. I inherited an Amego Infinite+ (basically a Milano+) that has a problem with the Freewheel. I'll take it off and see if it can be repaired (using guidance from University of Youtube) and if not, will get the new one you pointed to.

Whoa. Doesn't the Milano have a 7 speed sprocket? If so there are more options, we just ordered this one for my GF's Milano.

It's got import fees on it right now but that's just because they have it in the USA warehouse only. Once restocked in the Canadian Amazon Warehouse it'll be back to $56. It adds a smaller 11t high gear and a nice 34t hill climbing gear over her stock 28t gear.

Can anyone point me to some products on Amazon (or aliexpress, ebay, etc) to replace the freewheel on a Moscow+? I see lots of products when I search for "Freewheel 8-speed,11-32T" but when I look at the pictures/description they seem to be cassettes not freewheels. My son just wants to replace his and is looking for a direct replacement stock part or something inexpensive that is an equivalent.
A bit off topic,but wonder if anybody can advise me,just ordered my 3 cassette for moscow+,its arrived,it looks like a part is missing,maybe it will attach & work all the same i dont know,heres the picture of new & old cassette,old cassette at the top(has black part in centre) new doesnt have this,its a drift maniac 8 speed 13- 32,on ordering it had exact same freewheel description,any advise i'd be grateful,thanks

Attachments

• 20220222_113223.jpg
    20220222_113223.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 177
The old one you have there looks like 11-32 and not 13-32. I think that extra piece is only on the 11-xx ones for structure or something. I haven't looked too closely at it. You may want to return for an 11-32 because you'll "run out of gears" 15% faster, or so, with that freewheel so your legs will be spinning faster at the highest speeds than if you had the 11.

A bit off topic,but wonder if anybody can advise me,just ordered my 3 cassette for moscow+,its arrived,it looks like a part is missing,maybe it will attach & work all the same i dont know,heres the picture of new & old cassette,old cassette at the top(has black part in centre) new doesnt have this,its a drift maniac 8 speed 13- 32,on ordering it had exact same freewheel description,any advise i'd be grateful,thanks

Not 100% sure but the one on the bottom looks like it is a 13-32 cassette vs the original on the top which is an 11-32 Freewheel (not a cassette). You need a 13-32t or 11-32t threaded freewheel. Does the bottom one have threads when viewed from the back?
13-32 freewheels are easy to find and cheap ($35) but 11-32 freewheels in 8 speed are harder to find ($60). 11t is a big improvement over 13t unless you prefer cycling with a higher cadence.

The old one you have there looks like 11-32 and not 13-32. I think that extra piece is only on the 11-xx ones for structure or something. I haven't looked too closely at it. You may want to return for an 11-32 because you'll "run out of gears" 15% faster, or so, with that freewheel so your legs will be spinning faster at the highest speeds than if you had the 11.
Thanks for reply& thoughts,yes i made the error,wasnt thinking straight earlier,what i needed was an 11-34t ,the back off new one has the threads& almost identical apart from it doesnt have the 8 notches on the surround as u can see in picture,new one on the bottom of pic,thanks again for helping me out,i will send it back & hopefully just pay a few more £'s difference to get the one i need

Attachments

• 20220222_211247.jpg
    20220222_211247.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 161
I had a problem with my freewheel slipping on my Amego Infinite Plus (basically a Milano Plus). These 11-32T freewheels can be a little hard to come by so I thought it worthwhile to try and fix mine.

Apparently the most common issue with these is that the lubricant inside gets thick and gummy and jams up the pawls. So the technique is to remove the old lubricant as much as possible and add some new stuff.

By following the guidance in the video below, I was able to rejuvenate it...so far so good so we'll see if it lasts. A bit of work, but I learned something.

Fixing Slipping Freewheel

I also inherited a 2nd bike which is slipping 100% of the time. When I get around to it, I will try the technique on that one as well.

Back