Forum Updates and Feedback

Interesting, thanks for the head's up! We are working on a stability update that might fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regarding the problem of pages refreshing bank in Edge, I found out that if I then open the Browser developer tools (F12), the page refreshes with the content.
You can also use the browser developer tool console window to catch any errors during page loads.

I see many complaints about EU kickstands that retract automatically in the reviews, but it's what's not mentioned that surprises me.

If you remove the outer spring on the kickstand, most of the time it will revert to the behaviour of a normal kickstand. This is not accidental. Many shops on this side of the pond big pond remove the outer springs before putting models on display. The reason is simple: when you have an array of bikes parked in parallel, if a single bike tips over all the adjacent bikes risk falling over as well.

The image below was taken from the Moustache Asphalt review. If you remove the spring and 3 screws circled in red below, the kickstand will revert to its default behaviour (no automatic retraction). Better yet, after the outer spring is removed, the kickstand will resist accidental retraction due to a secondary spring that's hidden. I know because I have the same model kickstand. It takes less than 60 seconds to 'fix the problem'.

View attachment 18653

JayVee-So simple and an obvious fix, but no one seems to ever make a comment about this bad feature on a kickstand. I have seen rows of bikes fall like a stack of upright dominoes due to this poor design causing paint chips, etc. A wealth of info here. Thanks for posting! Not sure why they ever did this to begin with! Ride safe.:cool:

Wow, that's amazing advice @JayVee and I will keep it in mind and even mention it on future ebike reviews. I had just never owned one of these personally so I had not tinkered with it enough. This is so great to learn, THANK YOU, especially for making that picture too. Now people with the spring retracting bicycle kickstands can easily make them behave more normally if they wish (and if it's a similar design). Sweet!

Anyone else having a problem with the EBR header not being displayed in IE 11? It's okay in Chrome. I attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• EBR Header.JPG
    EBR Header.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 615
Me too. I just sit on the clock when attempting to edit posts with the meter bar image in the right hand corner pulsating. I also cannot get 'Reply' to work in any posts, just 'Post reply'.

Looks like someone wrote the updates for one browser and forgot to check it against the others. As Captain Hook told Peter Pan, "Bad form!"

Noticed the same as Jayvee. And not to pile on and maybe it was just me but when viewing the new posts via the mobile, it seems like clicking the post took me to the first page of the thread rather than the last.

I reported the issue stated above to Ann (administrator). As of this writing, none of the issues have been rectified on my Google Chrome browser.

Folks, thank you for letting us know about these issues. Keep updating this section so our programmer & Court know what is happening. The new updates need to be updated to match our formatting so be patient. I totally understand; it's very frustrating for me too!

Ditto with carriage returns and paragraphs bug. --->This is supposed to be a new paragraph. Is it now?

Being a hobby HTML Programmer from 21 years ago, I can insert the hypertext codes to get a paragraph, but you cannot expect users to do that.

Show Alerts gets me this....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 4.25.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 4.25.00 PM.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 488
Formatting posts, including the toolbar and editing are back working again.

I'll try to upload a picture I took and insert a thumbnail here:

20170619_203746.jpg

@Thomas Jaszewski , please try again now. The programmer was working on the site today to fix a lot of these issues. Let me know of any other problems on the site; he's trying to get them all handled in the next day or two.

Anybody out there using various mobile setups or different browsers, please check to see that the EBR Forum works right. It's looking pretty good on my desktop PC; just need to verify on other devices. Thanks, everyone for your feedback and help :). I do miss the green grinning smiley face, though.

Anybody out there using various mobile setups or different browsers, please check to see that the EBR Forum works right. It's looking pretty good on my desktop PC; just need to verify on other devices. Thanks, everyone for your feedback and help :). I do miss the green grinning smiley face, though.
Did not notice til now this red hot :mad: devil face. Looks like someone would use this if they are absolutely livid...LOL

Ann,

Chrome on my Android mobile and desktop mostly looks good. One little oddity is the dealer locator map covers my alert drop down menu on desktop Chrome. This doesn't happen on mobile because it does not occupy the same space as on desktop.

ebr new map 1.JPG

The same map covers member popup when I hover over a member's name in the members online list. This happens on both mobile and desktop Chrome.

Using Internet Explorer, this is what the top of the main forum page looks like. No logo/masthead on IE.

ebr on IE.JPG

In Chrome.

ebr on Chrome.JPG

All in all the forum looks great. I'm sure the small bugs will be worked out.:cool:

...The list of dealers at the bottom of the display is absolutely daunting. I counted 37 of them on mobile (IOS safari and Chrome), all in California. The number seems a bit excessive as it takes about 12 swipes to get to the bottom of the page. The desktop version only shows 4 or 5 local dealers which is amply sufficient...

I also noticed same as JayVee regarding the dealers on the mobile (takes too much of the display). In my case, however, I think the quality of the info was lacking. I noticed a dealer in my area (Detroit) I had never heard of and thought "great, a new shop has opened". Clicking on the link took me to an italian e-bike manufacturer. A Google of the shop name came up with nothing. A Google of the shop address came up with a different business at that address. So perhaps a ruse intended to steer traffic to the italian manufacturer's site?

Back